The Corroboree
nabraxas

Pseudoephedrine

I really like this drug. I mean I really like this drug.

In Amsterdam they sell it in those vending machines that you see here that are full ov bubble gum balls.

They dispense 2X 500mg capsules for something like 10 euros.

Here you have to really hunt around for it.

Anyway, monday at work i went from the weekends strep throat to a streaming runny nose. I really hate that, you blow a shit load ov snot into a tissue & your nose instantly fills up w/more snot...

By Monday night my nose was raw & i'd had 3 nose bleeds.

So first thing Tuesday i hit 2 chemists for 12x 60mg pseudoephedrine tablets. The box says "maximum 4 tablets a day" --i took 4 straight away & washed them down w/3 glasses ov red wine.....30 minutes later & my nose was dry & i was spaced.

I have continued to take 2 every 4 hours & what i really want to say is that you can get a nice little buzz off these things, but i really don't recommend taking the 500/1000mg dose that the Amsterdam vending machines give out. That really screws w/your blood pressure.

Oh, & as Torsten might say "it's really good for sex" :worship:

500mg capsules is a little over the top IMO, but I definitely agree that this stuff works wonders for hayfever, allergies, sinus and so on. I'd like to try ephedra for comparison, too bad you can't get it in Australia, and too bad pseudoephedrine was restricted without much research into the purported reasons for its restriction. After they made it S4 a study proved that most of the methamphetamines in Australia are being imported, not being made from Sudafed. Tough On Drugs!

ephedrine is better, but not much

I hate pseudoephedrine, just makes you feel wired with no nice feelings, anxiety, palpitations, a cold lonely feeling etc. These effects are less noticed when you are actually sick cause you already have low blood pressure, and you already feel so shitty, the lift it gives is a relief.

I personally would not recommend this drug as fun to anyone

There are several horror reports on erowid from less than what Nabraxas has taken for his cold symptoms, can be bad when combined with alcohol too.

I remember back in my day, the dance floor and car parks were usually scattered with at least 1/2 a dozen empty packets laying about the place and I knew of plenty of people that took them to enjoy the night or lengthen the legs on their go'ey.

500mg capsules is a little over the top IMO, but I definitely agree that this stuff works wonders for hayfever, allergies, sinus and so on. I'd like to try ephedra for comparison, too bad you can't get it in Australia, and too bad pseudoephedrine was restricted without much research into the purported reasons for its restriction. After they made it S4 a study proved that most of the methamphetamines in Australia are being imported, not being made from Sudafed. Tough On Drugs!

Today walking past my local chemist a spoted a S. rhombifolia growing out of the cracks between the wall and pavement. Fuck it was funny.

So first thing Tuesday i hit 2 chemists for 12x 60mg pseudoephedrine tablets.

You might want to avoid this in future with the online pseudostop project rolling out around the country, two purchases within four days could be the last time you buy psuedo hassle-free which would be a carnt.

I agree with foolsbreath, ephedrine is much better for a mood elevator and for its scalp-tingling goodness - and its something like $3 for a stick of 10 tabs in bali bali!

too bad pseudoephedrine was restricted without much research into the purported reasons for its restriction. After they made it S4 a study proved that most of the methamphetamines in Australia are being imported, not being made from Sudafed.

psuedo still is S3, larger pack quantities were relegated to S4 - and the majority of speed here is made within Australia from pseudo, this has been discussed before

I haven't bought and Sudafed for years; since they toughened the rules whats the deal with buying it, do they check ID/take your name everytime?

How do they regulate it?

Peace

"Illicit diversion of pseudoephedrine in Australia has caused significant changes to the way pseudoephedrine products are regulated. As of 2006, all products containing pseudoephedrine have been rescheduled as "Pharmacist Only Medicines" (Schedule 3). As a result, a pharmacist must be directly involved in every transaction involving the sale of pseudoephedrine to members of the public, and such medicines will be kept behind the counter, away from public access. Such measures are designed to ensure that the medicines are needed for a legitimate purpose. Pharmacists are also required lodge the purchase with an online database called PROJECTSTOP. This database records each purchase of pseudoephedrine products, tracking the customers drivers license or 18+ card. This system was put in place to stop drug mules driving from Sydney to Cairns (a trip of 3000km or 1875mi) purchasing a small box of pseudoephedrine at every pharmacy along the way. When the database is used 3 modes of sale can be used. One allows the sale (as "no match" was found), one denies the sale and the third, called a safety sale, is when the product was sold under duress. Certain preparations containing significantly high amounts of pseudoephedrine are further restricted as "Prescription Only Medicines" (Schedule 4).

As of April 2007, the Australian government is considering the prohibition of all medications containing pseudoephedrine."

You might want to avoid this in future with the online pseudostop project rolling out around the country,

The 2 chemists i went to gave me the pills w/out taking any details, though i know some chemist that do take your nane & ask for ID. I guess the project hasn't rolled out everywhere yet.

All in all the mixed alkaloids of the herb are best for enjoyment and for the cold symptoms I think (though I only use it to treat colds, and I got a real nasty one now :( ). I have a couple of medium sized majors that get me through my colds. Just a couple of grams seems to do the trick well and leaves you feeling less jangly. This would have probably 20-30mg of mixed alkaloids

They are pretty easy to grow and can survive in cold, hot, dry and sub-tropical environments

I can't stand the look chemists give you when trying to get some effective medicine for a cold, at which point you pipe up and say "well that the other shit you're trying to sell me is completely ineffective", which they then begrudgingly agree too :BANGHEAD2:

Catha can be effective against colds too, but less so

I have also found that zinc can dramatically reduce the symptoms of a cold, try it, but you need the forte variety (high zinc)

and the majority of speed here is made within Australia from pseudo, this has been discussed before

I read in a medical journal a study that proved otherwise? I think the evidence they used was twfold, no reduction in methamphetaine availability after rescheduling of pseudoephedrine, and something to do with import statistics. I'm just relaying that information.

I haven't bought and Sudafed for years; since they toughened the rules whats the deal with buying it, do they check ID/take your name everytime?

How do they regulate it?

Peace

In NSW chemists are supposed to take and record ID for every pseudoephedrine purchase. The regulationg is going online which means I guess they'll do cross-database searches for names that reoccur buying pseudoephedrine products.

"They were Nazis, Dude?"

"Oh come on, Donny! They were threatening castration! Are we gonna split hairs here?"

B)

I remember back in my day, the dance floor and car parks were usually scattered with at least 1/2 a dozen empty packets laying about the place and I knew of plenty of people that took them to enjoy the night or lengthen the legs on their go'ey.

I remember those days...emerging from a sweaty wharehouse at sunrise to see dozens of "Sudafed" packs (empty) scattered across the carpark. I distinctively remember a friend habitually getting a tray per pill of "X" to mix, and apparently they mixed well...he was always the last to leave and then the first to arrive at the recovery party...*sighs* Oh those memmories of the early 90's rave parties. "When the music was good, the lollies were cheap, and the only thing that mattered was the fact that everyone had a good time." Are there any real "underground" dance parties around anymore that don't get stopped by the police at 1am???

never liked more than about 300mg pseudo at once and then only in combo with caffeine. By itself it was quite dull.

Ephedrine wins hands down, and best of all is a high ephedrine ephedra herb tea. These also contain some pseudo and the combo seems to make all the difference.

A 500mg sudafed capsule? That's one hell of a head cold, I think the biggest you get here is a couple hundred, I know I got some 120 or 150 when I had the flu a while ago...if the 500s are for horses can you mail some down, some upset over horses with the sniffles here of late, a lot of very short men looking very uptight indeed. You don't want to upset jockies, those little fuckers can fit thru your aircon :unsure:

I had reasonable fun with tea, coffee, yerba, sida, this dusty ephedra stem you used to be able to get in town, in combo with ginseng, but it can run a little... hot, if that makes any sense. Hard to achieve a pleasantly amped reflective state, but not bad for getting rough jobs done more cheerfully etc. You need some actual food in your system to get any real fun out of any of the more "natural" things, at least on anything like a repeated basis. The exception is Turkish coffee, that stuff should be scheduled, or labelled, or something... yibbidayibbidayibbida...

Lately I've developed a wicked taste for fairly strong cocoa (4 heaping teaspoons?), with a dash of valerian powder (a nice big teaspoon, I guess) ...this delicious smelling organic n groovy stuff I found locally... sweetened with a nice heavy honey, made with not quite boiling water and let to cool a while.... interesting blend of sensations and influences, and the taste is surprisingly likeable, where the cocoa stops and starts flavour wise the valerian takes over.. good for talkative nights in, cheerful walks around the block and various indoor sports :lol: Probably bad for you somehow, so don't do it at home, it does seem to make the morning a lil harder to start, though that might have something to do with merely being up later to start with.

Will you bloody kids knock it off in there...

VM

You don't want to upset jockies, those little fuckers can fit thru your aircon unsure.gif

:lol: Holy fuck mate where do you come up with this stuff :lol:

Some of it I find second hand at flea markets , and some is from eBay... and the rest I find growing on the top of long forgotten tubs of hommus at the back of the fridge.

Tangy!

VM

doesnt do a thing for me but stop my nose from running.

Take an Amsterdam size dose ov 500 or 1000mg & see if that's still the case.

The mean LD50 (single, oral dose) of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is 2206 mg/kg (13,015 mg/m2 or 73 times the recommended human daily dose) in rats and 726 mg/kg (2178 mg/m2 or 12 times the recommended human daily dose) in mice.

Take an Amsterdam size dose ov 500 or 1000mg & see if that's still the case.

The mean LD50 (single, oral dose) of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is 2206 mg/kg (13,015 mg/m2 or 73 times the recommended human daily dose) in rats and 726 mg/kg (2178 mg/m2 or 12 times the recommended human daily dose) in mice.

hmm. interesting. i might give it a shot 'just to see what it does' .. :D

thats almost a whole pack, imagine trying to snort that many pills crushed! ouuuch!