The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

arundo donax

does anyone know what the average potency of

thiis plant are? which would be stronger: normal or variegated? one more thing, could u make a crude tea/concoction from this?

thanx heaps

psycho0

Not much idea about potency, but I think most of the plant is undesirable (5-HO-DMT) except for flowers.

Someone'll fill you in on this, I hope wink.gif

Arundo potency are very very low. I have read ayahuasca analogues and Ott saids it only contains traces of DMT. also arundo contains a toxic sustances even bufotenine.

A similar plant to arundo are phragmiters australis. It will surprise in the future.

Originally posted by sascacheuan:

Arundo potency are very very low. I have read ayahuasca analogues and Ott saids it only contains traces of DMT. also arundo contains a toxic sustances even bufotenine.

A similar plant to arundo are phragmiters australis. It will surprise in the future.

thanx for the info biggrin.gif

would it not be safe then to prepare an

ayahuasca like tea from this? assuming it's legal where u live wink.gif

also, where can i find info on phragmites australis?

thanx again

psycho0

Guest wira

Let's get this straight... bufotenine is not undesirable! Ott himself will tell you these days that it is, for many people who have tried it, a very nice psychedelic. It got a bad rep in the past due to the inappropriate experiments one to assess it in humans. Arundo donax also contains lots of other indole alkaloids, and yes, DMT is pretty low amongst them. Still, I know of at least one person who had a very strange and very psychedelic experience using A. donax rhizomes with [admittedly a large dose of] P. harmala seeds. The other alkaloids present in the rhizomes [such as bufotenidine and dehydrobufotenine, which are often present in higher amounts] probably have a lot to do with this and deserve an investigation of their human pharmacology [there is only animal data at the moment]. I was hoping TIHKAL would have dealt with some of these little-known naturally occurring tryptamines wink.gif TLC assays done by Johnny Appleseed found no DMT at all in the rhizomes, except traces in new fine root shoots.

No studies have been done as far as I know, nor comparitive human bioassays, but based on what has been said of variegated Phalaris arundinacea, I would guess that variegated Arundo might be a waste of time...

i belive that the safest way to deal with Bufotenine are smoking it or sniffing it.

Injecting or ingesting it may be very dangerous stuff.

I have read too that arundo leaves have a toxic glycosides which can damage the heart.

i am very interested about details of this experience, could you tell us??.

"Still, I know of at least one person who had a very strange and very psychedelic experience using A. donax rhizomes with [admittedly a large dose of] P. harmala seeds".

How many gr of arundo roots did your friend use?.

how many gr of peganum seeds?.

new fine root shoots?

is dmt involved with with growth in plants?

i thought tryptamine was a 'putrefactive base' and it was involved inthings breaking down.

the mass cloning feature of psycotria v. may be due to high dmt levels?from one leaf i mean.

when i repotted my acacias ioften noticed a sharp penetrating smell coming from broken new roots.i wonder what it is?

t s t .

Guest wira

Ingesting bufotenine orally isn't necessarily a bad idea. I know people who have taken Anadenanthera colubrina v. cebil seeds [rich in bufotenine] orally, both with and without MAOI, and had psychedelic experiences without toxic side effects.

I don't have his own written account handy, but this is what I wrote down about the 'Arundohuasca' -

Fresh rhizome [500g prior to washing, and removal of culm] was consumed with 15g Peganum harmala seed [admittedly a large dose of P. harmala]. The experience was described as 'rough' both mentally and physically, and 'projectile-vomiting' was experienced during the onset of effects. Early in the experience, there was contact with a strange-looking entity, who shared information with the psychonaut. Closed-eye imagery was described as "strikingly 3-dimensional and rotating like a carousel made entirely out of rising and falling waterfalls, and thin, almost fabric-like veils composed of pastel coloured lights". Open-eye imagery, in a slightly darkened room, was described by the psychonaut who was "in a place composed entirely of violet billowing fog with scattered glowing green dots (looking like a DeLa Warre 'electromagnetic node distribution' picture), where scattered curving 'cracks' in the clouds had bright orange light spilling out in radiating shafts, and drifting veils also composed of orange light". The psychonaut also found that he could observe anywhere in the world simply by thinking about the place or a person... "the entire world seemed quite transparent".

Wira, your last post are vey interesting but your friends may be very brave or perhaps very rash.

i would like arundo may be a good a sure source of triptamines because it is a very common plant where i live but i would need more information to try a ayahuasca analogue with it. most likely quantitative and qualitative chemical information.

thank for share your experience!!!

Guest wira

By 'new fine root shoots', I mean white root buds that were less than 2mm thick.

Tryptamine might perhaps be a byproduct of the breakdown of some things, but it is also a common alkaloid that nature uses to make into other things, as well as existing on its own.

Guest reville
Originally posted by wira:

Let's get this straight... bufotenine is not undesirable!

thats true. Some snuffers of yopo positively enjoy its purgative and emetic effects smile.gif

im not kidding

A. donax rhizomes with [admittedly a large dose of] P. harmala seeds.

if we were looking for MAOi activity wouldnt the max amount needed be approx 4g? with this being saturation point.

I understand that the effect change at hgher doses but this is probably due to the psychoactive effects of harmine/harmaline itself.

then again you cant forsee the effects mix by simply analysing its constituents- it really is alchemy

but based on what has been said of variegated Phalaris arundinacea, I would guess that variegated Arundo might be a waste of time...

Wira - when is your book coming out!!

Can i buy a protocopy? i need your refs. sometime yesterday!!

so hows it coming along? it was something special last EB - cant wait to see it now

Guest reville

re the tryptamine

maybe it is a breakdown product of the chemistry going on at the root tip.

im stabbing in the dark but might it be a breakdown product or precursor to the growth hormones analogous to indole butyric acid?

the one in rooting powders