The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ajna

Bush Outlaws All War Protest In United States

strangely enough, cant seem to find any regular news coverage on this :?

July 19, 2007

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers

In one of his most chilling moves to date against his own citizens, the American War Leader has issued a sweeping order this week outlawing all forms of protest against the Iraq war.

President Bush enacted into US law an ‘Executive Order’ on July 17th titled "Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq", and which says:

"By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the International Emergency Economic Powers Act, as amended (50 U.S.C. 1701 et seq.)(IEEPA), the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1601 et seq.)(NEA), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code,

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that, due to the unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by acts of violence threatening the peace and stability of Iraq and undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq and to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people, it is in the interests of the United States to take additional steps with respect to the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, and expanded in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004."

According to Russian legal experts, the greatest concern to the American people are the underlying provisions of this new law, and which, they state, are written ‘so broadly’ as to outlaw all forms of protest against the war. These provisions state:

"(ii) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, logistical, or technical support for, or goods or services in support of, such an act or acts of violence or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order; or

(B) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, (i) the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order, and (ii) the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person.

© the term "United States person" means any United States citizen, permanent resident alien, entity organized under the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States (including foreign branches), or any person in the United States.

All agencies of the United States Government are hereby directed to take all appropriate measures within their authority to carry out the provisions of this order and, where appropriate, to advise the Secretary of the Treasury in a timely manner of the measures taken."

To the subsection of this new US law, according to these legal experts, that says "...the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit...", the insertion of the word ‘services’ has broad, and catastrophic, consequences for the American people in that any act deemed by their government to be against the Iraqi war is, in fact, supporting the ‘enemy’ and therefore threatens the ‘stabilization of Iraq’.

In an even greater affront to the American people are the provisions of a law called The Patriot Act, and that should they run afoul of this new law they are forbidden to allow anyone to know about it, and as we can read as reported by the Seattle Times News Service:

"The [Patriot] act also expands the use of National Security Letters, which are a kind of warrant that the Justice Department writes for itself, authorizing its agents to seize such things as records of money movements, telephone calls and Internet visits. Recipients of a National Security Letter are not allowed to tell anyone about them, and so cannot contest them."

It is interesting to note, too, that this is not the first time that the United States has unleashed the brutal power of their government against its citizens to further their war aims and stifle domestic dissent, as during the European conflict of World War I they enacted a law called The Sedition Act of 1918 and which "...forbade Americans to use "disloyal, profane, scurrilous, or abusive language" about the United States government, flag, or armed forces during war."

It is curious to note that after the enactment of this new law there has been no protest by any of the other political leaders in the United States, with the exception of the only Muslim member of the United States Congress, Minnesota Democrat Keith Ellison, and who compared President Bush to the Nazi War Leader Adolph Hitler by stating the attacks upon the World Trade Center could be likened to the burning of the Reichstag.

Today, as the United States faces an imminent economic collapse, while at the same time its war bill has reached the staggering amount of $648 billion, one of the last freedoms the American people have had to protest their leaders actions against them, and other peoples in the World, has now been taken away from them, the freedom to speak and write in opposition to what is being done to them.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.", said the great British writer George Orwell, but, and sadly, liberty has been lost to the once free people of the United States who are no longer allowed to tell their leaders, or each other, what they don’t want to hear.

With this being so, the American people should, likewise, contemplate their ‘new’ future, and as, also, stated best by George Orwell, "If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."

© July 19, 2007 EU and US all rights reserved.

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index1023.htm

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/20...20070717-3.html

Far Out....

This is going to have some far reaching ramifications and if i was american i'd be just a little worried.

Considering Australia's stance in this mess that is the iraq war, i'm a little worried too.

cheers, Obtuse.

yep...EVERYONE is a terry.

Just think of all the great thinkers and advocates of freedom that would be turning in their graves.

This is sick...but not surprising.

AJ

This is really just the next in the clear pattern of executive orders, signing statements and similar that these guys have put into effect.

NSPD 51 (this is probably the worst one of the lot) for example, and the executive order to build several large detention centres to be used to round up people the government deems as dangerous in the event that the president declares a national emergency.

Bush doesn't have long left, and as long as he doesn't declare a national emergency he won't be coming back, the question everyone should be asking is will any of the Democratic candidates repeal these orders? Probably not. Nobody made a squeak about this in Congress.

Executive Order: Blocking Property of Certain Persons Who Threaten Stabilization Efforts in Iraq :lol:

"Hmm, we are running out of terrorism supporters to seize assets from in order to help fund the war effort, who can we turn to next?"

Scary stuff. Then again, in my neck of the woods they can technically walk into anyones house they feel like and tear the guts out of it on the basis of "possibly smelling marijuana smoke", or under the suspicion that you might be about to commit and offense and by the time they get a magistrate out of bed bla bla bla, youve cleaned up and gone to bed. What they have on paper and what they feel they can actually get away with enforcing are two different things... but it is a worry they always have these cards up their sleeves. Us decent , fairly boring types can only take comfort in being too boring to attract any scary attention to start with.. thogh with the kind of angry letters the DEA took to sending us not long ago once they worked out a lot of aussies were having far too much fun , in relative safety, any site like this one has the possible side effect of a mild dose of espionage.

A lot of people have quite cushy jobs, nice pay, free travel, and want to keep em. Like climate change consultants, dodgy health gurus and I hear a lot of people in the "cancer industry", they are making tidy sums from bringing in a steady trickle of juicy news for their bosses... when the well starts to run dry, they will start with the puddles...

It's a slippery slope ... as someone said somewhere...."the gates of hell are open night and day,smooth is the descent, and easy is the way"

I say we have a rally about it ! I had the thought whilst hearing about an upcoming police rally here ...more of a mental pic really... of a street full of cops with signs and loud hailers, prevented from going down side streets and onto private property by line after line of helmeted, armoured, dog equipped stinking, hairy hippes, waving three foot long spliffs like batons and using garlic spray rather than pepper spray to settle down the troublemakers :lol: not to detract from their reasons for the rally, just cracked me up though, the table turning thing.

In the case of an emergency, oxygen will drop from the ceiling.

VM

thogh with the kind of angry letters the DEA took to sending us not long ago once they worked out a lot of aussies were having far too much fun

What letters are these???

Nice skit idea btw :)

A grasshopper told me our keepers got a stern talking to about their nice western nation being loaded on reasonably priced, good quality drugs, education rather than eradication, war on criminal behaviour rather than a war on drugs per se, sending large amounts of aid money to nearby neighbours known to be not exactly backwards in the mutally supportive fields of chemistry and horticulture. DEA does a report on everyone , every so often, and we didn't get a particularly good rap. Poor us.

we are lucky to have such enlightened beings making all our choices for us, our only remaining legal options (being workaholic alcoholic chronically fatigued consumerist riddled with first world guilt) must be good for us!

VM

Ok, you can not protest against the war, but you can still protest against bad law making right?

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

workaholic alcoholic chronically fatigued consumerist riddled with first world guilt!

VM

LOL I'm going to start a collection of your quotes verty,this ones a dooosey,.......but ashamedly acurate.

AJ

Is it just me or does this have a very Nazi ring to it? Talk about a power tripping piece of sh!t... I think it will be a day to rejoice when that sack of crap (and all his little advisors) is removed from this planet.

I mean, who the f@ck is he to say that people cant have a difference of opinion and actually voice it? What ever happened to free speech and all that crap written on the Declaration of Independence? What exactly is so free and independent about having a country run by a power hungry fool who is easily one of the least clued up (and 'academically challenged') leaders America has ever led to power?

Hmm, heres a few things that mighty man has said of late:

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

“That’s why I went to the Congress last September and proposed fundamental—supplemental funding, which is money for armor and body parts and ammunition and fuel.” –George W. Bush, Erie, Pa., Sept. 4, 2004

“For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It’s just unacceptable. And we’re going to do something about it.” —Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

“There’s an old…saying in Tennessee…I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says Fool me once…(3 second pause)… Shame on…(4 second pause)…Shame on you….(6 second pause)…Fool me…Can’t get fooled again.” –George W. Bush to Nashville, Tennessee audience, Sept. 17, 2002, MSNBC-TV –Politex, Sept. 17, 2002, 10 PM

“There’s no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world’s worst weapons.” –George W. Bush, South Bend, Indiana, Sept. 5, 2002.

“As you know, these are open forums, you’re able to come and listen to what I have to say.” –George W. Bush, 10.28.03.

“The ambassador and the general were briefing me on the — the vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world. And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice.” –Washington, D.C., Oct. 27, 2003 “” –George W. Bush, 10.27.03.

“I know something about being a government. And you’ve got a good one.” –George W. Bush, campaigning for Gov. Mike Huckabee, Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 4, 2002

“We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make–it would hope–put a free press’s mind at ease that you’re not being denied information you shouldn’t see.” –G.W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 14, 2005

“I want to thank you for the importance that you’ve shown for education and literacy.” –G.W. Bush, Washington, D.C., April 13, 2005

“Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across this country.” —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

“We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.” —Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001

“You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.” —Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001

“We both use Colgate toothpaste.” —after a reporter asked what he had in common with British Prime Minister Tony Blair, Camp David, Md., Feb. 23, 2001

“Tribal sovereignty means that; it’s sovereign. I mean, you’re a — you’ve been given sovereignty, and you’re viewed as a sovereign entity. And therefore the relationship between the federal government and tribes is one between sovereign entities.”

—Washington, D.C., Aug. 6, 2004

“I glance at the headlines just to kind of get a flavor for what’s moving. I rarely read the stories, and get briefed by people who are probably read the news themselves.” —Washington, D.C., Sept. 21, 2003

“I’m the commander — see, I don’t need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That’s the interesting thing about being president.” —as quoted in Bob Woodward’s Bush at War

“I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport.” —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

“The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself.” —Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003

“I saw a poll that said the right track/wrong track in Iraq was better than here in America. It’s pretty darn strong. I mean, the people see a better future.” —Washington, D.C., Sept. 23, 2004

“We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.” —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

“After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week — we will have an all-volunteer army!” —Daytona Beach, Fla., Oct. 16, 2004

“Do you have blacks, too?” —to Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

“Now, we talked to Joan Hanover. She and her husband, George, were visiting with us. They are near retirement—retiring—in the process of retiring, meaning they’re very smart, active, capable people who are retirement age and are retiring.”

—Alexandria, Va., Feb. 12, 2003.

“This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.” —as quoted by the New York Daily News, April 23, 2002

“I wish you’d have given me this written question ahead of time so I could plan for it…I’m sure something will pop into my head here in the midst of this press conference, with all the pressure of trying to come up with answer, but it hadn’t yet….I don’t want to sound like I have made no mistakes. I’m confident I have. I just haven’t — you just put me under the spot here, and maybe I’m not as quick on my feet as I should be in coming up with one.” —President George W. Bush, after being asked to name the biggest mistake he had made, Washington, D.C., April 3, 2004

“The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway.” —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

“…that’s just the nature of democracy. Sometimes pure politics enters into the rhetoric.”

-George W. Bush, Crawford, Tx., August 8, 2003

“Security is the essential roadblock to achieving

the road map to peace.”

-George W. Bush, July 25, 2003

…”It’s very interesting when you think about it, the slaves who left here to go to America, because of their steadfast and their religion and their belief in freedom, helped change America.”— George W. Bush, Dakar, Senegal, July 8, 2003

“My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we’re going to run out of debt to retire.” —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

“See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don’t attack each other. Free nations don’t develop weapons of mass destruction.”

—Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003

“But all in all, it’s been a fabulous year for Laura and me.” —summing up his first year in office, three

months after the 9/11 attacks,

Washington, D.C., Dec. 20, 2001

“I try to go for longer runs, but it’s tough around

here at the White House on the outdoor track. It’s

sad that I can’t run longer. It’s one of the saddest things about the presidency.”

—interview with “Runners World,” Aug. 2002

“Can we win? I don’t think you can win it.” —after being asked whether the war on terror was winnable, “Today” show interview, Aug. 30, 2004

“I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we’re really talking about peace.” —Washington, D.C. June 18, 2002

“Perhaps the biggest problem is that we have passed children from grade to grade, year after year, and those — child hadn’t learned the basics of reading and math.” —Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

“One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end.” - —Washington, D.C., Jan. 8, 2003

“I think the American people—I hope the American—I don’t think, let me—I hope the American people trust me.” -—Washington, D.C., Dec. 18, 2002

“I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn’t do my job.” —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

“I don’t bring God into my life to—to, you know, kind of be a political person.” –Interview with Tom Brokaw aboard Air Force One, April 24, 2003

The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production.” –George W. Bush, White House, Nov. 27, 2002

Taken without permission from here

Not so much a funny gaffe, but sometime after 9/11 he made the quip that a dictatorship would be good for America, as long as he was running it. He said it as a 'joke', but you could tell the guy believed he was right.