The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Hellonasty

Blue lotus Oil ??

Hey,

Sorry if you guys have discussed this before. I did search.

I have procured around 4ml of very very strong blue lotus oil. I got it for free so i'm not too worried about how quick it goes. My question is how do I work with this oil, as to avoid overdose but at the same time obtained desired effects. I hear this can be tricky.

I have heard a carrier oil is essential do you people agree ? What about ingesting it..... possible ?

I would love to hear from Hebrew !!

Thanks.

is this absolute or tar extract?

the former is not active other than being mindnumbingly enticing. The latter depends on the strength/ratio

Torsten,

I cannot be 100% sure...a friend from Sweeden is sending it over. I do rememebr him saying the word "absolute" but

who knows. Please explain !

Guest Øskorei

dissolve the lot into 50ml of tequila, and shoot it in one. Itsy-Bitsy with this ethneo will only waste your stock.

This reminds me, I have a goopy nymph tar laying around here somewhere, so would be intersted in other's feedback. Was thinking of taking it via 'ghetto-style' vapourising (ie a champaigne flute, tinfoil funnel & a portable gas burner)

I cannot be 100% sure...a friend from Sweeden is sending it over. I do remember him saying the word "absolute" but

who knows. Please explain !

Absolutes are designed to capture the aroma principles. This particular one is a jelly like substance with a bit of oil floating on top. It is rare to get the pure absolute and if you do it will be very expensive. I paid about AU$150 for 5ml directly from the manufacturer. Iamshaman claims that this oil contains the aporphines, but I don't see how they make that claim. It certainly did not have any major effect on me.

Aporphines are alkaloids and are present as salts in plants. The salts would not be soluble in alkanes like hexane, which is the initial extraction step for absolutes. Some aporphine salts are soluble in DCM, and this is one of the ways to purify them, but DCM would also extract a whole lot more from the herb and would not result in the absolute of commerce.

The whole thing is a scam as far as I can tell. However, don't fret as by far the most magical effect of Nymphaea is the aroma and the absolute is designed to capture this well. Just don't get too close to the bottle. For some reason in close proximity the smell is more like a swamp. At a distance it will fill the room with pure loveliness though.

Conan - I wasted 5 kilos of Nymphaea to work out that acetone is NOT the preferred solvent. Hydroalcoholic extractions appears to be the most efficient.

Thanks Torsten great info and knowledge. He did say it was very strong and special but I still don't know.. I will report back once it arrives. I'm getting it for doing him a small favour.

Guest Øskorei

At a distance it will fill the room with pure loveliness though,

Um, Torsten, didn't you mean to add this to your personal entry in the 'about me' thread. :wink:

I wasted 5 kilos of Nymphaea to work out that acetone is NOT the preferred solvent

That would suck. But it's good information for the home extractors who would otherwise waste precious small amounts that this is not method.

So back to the ingestion. Would a nymph tar be better smoked, vapourised or diluted with a small volume of liqor and swished around the mouth ?

I find rubbing the tar into some dried kratom leaf powder (WHERE LEGAL!) or withania leaf powder at a 1:1 ratio is pretty alright :)

Guest Øskorei

Hey Apoth, for synergy or more as a device in which to carry it ? Presently I have access to neither of the aformentioned. Lots of damiana, catnip, calea, dried lotus flower, heimia(sp?), passiflora, and other odds n sod. I only list these as I know you're a bit of an afficionado when it comes to mixes, and hope you might give some further feedback with potential for nymph tar admixtures. It should probably be mentioned that I'm talking about N. Rubra............

Oops, should have mentioned that earlier, sorrrrrry :blush:

Any powdered leaf material is adequate, if you have time it is best to redisolve resin in solvent and add powdered leaf then evap solvent so resin is bound to leaf as a carrier, this smokes the best of all.

I only picked the two above for synergy, others I like are Hyoscyamus leaf or Datura metel flower, but out of what you listed I would probably just powder some lotus petals and use that. Heimia might be interesting!