The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
teonanacatl

woolies products dissapearing

my gf keeps complaining that all the stuff she buys at woolies is disapearing, she said today it was on ACA that woolies is buying all its shit from OS and sticking its label on it and now not stocking other brands in favour of its own. for instance all goulburn valley fruit is reduced to clear. She also said coles is doing the same. Anyone know whats going on?

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that either coles or woolies is getting bought out, heard something about it but never payed too much attention to it.

5 minutes later - >

Just had a quick look and the articles I found are from the start of last summer talking of a "likely" take-over, it's probably happening now/about to happen and they're slowly deconstructing themselves i.e. out with the old in with the new sort of thing.

Peace

neither take over worked out as far as I am aware.

both stores are going for the homebrand products because they get cheaper and more reliable supplies from overseas. the drought probably had at least some influence on that, but is probablybeing used mostly as an excuse.

I have flexible principles - often when it suits me I will do what is best for me. Most of the expensive stuff I have is made in China but I draw the line at buying Woolworths or Coles brand stuff. They fuck suppliers up the arse and in the long run they will fuck all of us up the arse. Groceries, liquor, petrol already, what tomorrow?

I hear Wesfarmers (Bunnings) are looking to buy Coles. We will be well and truly fucked up the arse if that happens. Does the government pay attention to these things???

right so they are buying cheaper from OS and selling here for cheaper and not only that they are no longer stocking other brands, jeez might go shop at IGA.

both stores are going for the homebrand products because they get cheaper and more reliable supplies from overseas.

mostly true, but not the main reason, as many homebrand products are made by the branded companies anyway. The main reason is that the profit from homebrand products goes straight into the supermarkets coffers.

It's unlikely that Wesfarmers will buy Coles, they are currently going through Coles financial affairs & will probably pull out when they see just how fucked Coles is. Just as the former interested party Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co did before them.