The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
kadakuda

Brugsmania find.

I will let the out of focus pics speak for themselves. i almost shat when i saw them. such beauty.

brugs1.jpg

brugs2.jpg

brugs3.jpg

Nice find Kada. You might want to put a sign up warning on coming ethnoheads, it's a plant lovers oil slick!

Lucky the barriers are there atleast...

That's got to be the most Brugmansia I've seen in one place at one time!! Amazing. Looks like a few varieties there too. Looks like beautiful countryside too.

Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

Nice stuff... I wonder what happens if you park your car under em on a nice still warm late summer evening with the windows down :blink: ... A good hunt thru them for any strange cross breeds or inbreeds might be worth it, hard to see if those are a series of large trees or a series of closely growing smaller ones (I think the latter)... densely grown and old plantations of things can lead some some wacky varieties. Now, if anyone has the Methysticodendron, let me know :lol:

I find it mindblowing just how much potential even one large tree in that genus has... literally mindblowing that is haha.Nah, they're just a bit ballsy to play with in a lot of ways, deceptive individuals they are.

patches like that are why I never travel without secateurs and sandwich bags!

GD

i searched for pods, nadda...in fact i have not seen any brugs seed here, i don't think we got the bugs for it :( i did take some small plants with me, but they were thrown out (planted at another smaller stand) cause we were driving a lot...brugs and driving dont mix. i will go back for sure. it is a 7 hour drive into the mountains, so its not exactly my backyard. that said tehre are a lot of people (tourist attraction, old settlement), and being the only white guy 30 cm taller than everyone, i got some good stares going on.

greendreams. i know what you mean. i usually have collection jars for bugs but this time i left it all at home. i only had a slurpee cup and 2 year newsprint in the car.... i am adding a small gardeners shovel (i hate digging with my feet/hands) and some baggies, or maybe a plastic bucket. Won't be caught unprepared again.

any ideas which sp/variety has pink flowers? they were truly amazing colours!

tis lucky the barriers are there, its a 2000 meter drop down that bastard! it was wet so i slid a bit, but not much. i mean, look at those beauties! my wife doesn't want me having them (i showed here the book "Serpent and the Rainbow") due to their "excessive force". but i always jsut do teh "how'd they get here" thing, and teh "i can't kill it now" spiel.

its usually worth it :slap:

beautiful, looks like nice forest round there too

If you call 2000+ year old cypress forest beautiful :)

hah, myeh!

what country you in? the signs are weird.

a warm one in south-east asia :) i will give you a hint, it is either teh nly or one of the only with real cypress forests in the tropical zone.