The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest homoGenius

Who digs osho here?

Guest homoGenius

I've come across his books many times but ignored. As the man who really brought ecstacy to the fore from where it spread like wildfire he must have had some idea of the psychedelic realm. Can some of the osho people tell us more thanks?

Guest Øskorei

Dude, as far as I know, Osho is the new incarnation of the Bagwan Shree Rashneesh movement. If I'm right, there's some seriously fucked up history that you might want to dig into. We're talking stuff that makes scientology look like a teddy bears picnic.

Be careful who you give your soul to.

Guest homoGenius
Dude, as far as I know, Osho is the new incarnation of the Bagwan Shree Rashneesh movement. If I'm right, there's some seriously fucked up history that you might want to dig into. We're talking stuff that makes scientology look like a teddy bears picnic.

Be careful who you give your soul to.

Yeah I knew that part. Rajneesh died at least ten years ago I think but they've published alot of his books after it. I just saw one of his book covers on that Oprah secrets show.

Guest Øskorei

Yea, well, be careful. What with that Yoda Avatar being so similar to this forum's present antichrist..... you might be vunerable to false prophets.

Rajneeshism is a scam. History shows us that.

Haha I loved how they hyped up Oprah revieling the secret.. its like Jeez it was never a secret even when you titled that infomercial that, and even then thats been so overhyped and circulated that anything secret in that definitely aint anymore.

I didnt watch it though, did the secret involve Oprahs Minge n Batty being able to talk and hold hostages at gunpoint?

As for that guy, NFI.

worse than scientology eh? man brainwashing sux. In think it's a matter of how explicit the brainwashing is, how suss it all is, as we seem pretty content with our daily servings of media brainwashings.

I was brought up in a family that was for a period of time sanyassin (followers of Osho). My aunt and uncle are still devotees. I also live in a town where there always have been and still are plenty of openly practicing sanyassins. Given that I grew up with it to some extent, I don't actually know much about it and haven't participated in it myself.

However from what I can see, the methods of meditation Osho developed are very effective. Most sanyassins I know tend to be good people. I can speak of my aunt and uncle from a close perspective as I spent a lot of time with them while growing up. They are not the kind of people who would get sucked into a dangerous cult. They are free thinking, skeptical, intelligent people. And they honestly believe that Osho is really some kind of enlightened saint. I'm very skeptical of religion, but knowing them, I have to respect their beliefs. They admit that there were many problems with the movement, but they believe that on the whole it was positive and that the media and mainstream political forces have continually represented them as an evil cult.

Probably if I hadn't had this personal connection with it, I would agree with Øskorei that "Rajneeshism is a scam. History shows us that." But I think there might be more to it than that.

Guest homoGenius
Yea, well, be careful. What with that Yoda Avatar being so similar to this forum's present antichrist..... you might be vunerable to false prophets.

Hehehe. I'm not easily influenced despite my playfulness. The avatar choice?

I hypothesised that a Yoda avatar must be some sort of talisman nay license to post all sorts of informative things ;) I also figured that I'd beat anyone else in line to that cool avatar if WS leaves.

Edited by homoGenius

"They are not the kind of people who would get sucked into a dangerous cult. They are free thinking, skeptical, intelligent people. And they honestly believe that Osho is really some kind of enlightened saint... They admit that there were many problems with the movement, but they believe that on the whole it was positive and that the media and mainstream political forces have continually represented them as an evil cult."

Mate, I'm just calling it like I see it, but those sentences just don't seem to sit together right.

Guest Øskorei

~~Creach, Ø knows a lot more about the Orange than he is letting on.

How the fuck did this thread get to Oprah?

And as for the recent SP episode, El Dudo I really though that O's minge's partner's name was GARY.

For Ø, South Park is fucking stupic an uncreative, but this episode is an exception. Not one single southpark regular appears, apart from the drop in "Mister Towelley". Anyone wanna get Hiiiiiigh?

Drawn Together is on again from next Monday. Now there's the shit. Limewire "Drawn Together - Hot Tub" for the very first episode, it will explain everything. Everthink even.

Rajneesh/Baghwan didn't have to ask for money, it was given to him. He appealed to rich people who had everything except happiness, and he taught them how to be happy. To them the way he enriched himself was peanuts in comparison to how he enriched their lives.

I used to hang out with sanyassins in the late 80's and early 90's. They always had the best drugs and the best sex. I didn't bother learning any of the meditation techniques, because I'd already learnt several others before and these did not appear to be as good. But for people who didn't have previous meditation experience these groups were mindblowing even without the MDMA.

Members of the time will tell you that Baghwan was pure at heart, but became a victim of the greedy team that held the purse strings. It doesn't really matter as none of the sanyassins I hung out with ever felt like they had to donate. I actually thought that was a refreshing change after hanging out with Maharishi/TM followers for the last 10 years. Also keep in mind that the media conveniently neglected to mention that all 'his' property was actually in a trust of which the ashram was the beneficiary. When Gates/Irwin and other rich people do this then it is regarded as generous, but if a sexually liberated guru does it then it is tax evasion :rolleyes:

Osho as a lifestyle has certainly transformed itself since then, but moreso society has transformed itself. What happened in the Osho commune in the USA was just too much to handle for the prude americans in the 80's, but these days it would be the standard of any hollywood party. It's just not an issue anymore.

Guest Øskorei

Yep, I agree with IllegalBrain, I was just tring to keep the peace.

Subliminal posession. Cannot agree, but cannot disagree.

Oranges & Lemmings

Guest homoGenius
~~Creach, Ø knows a lot more about the Orange than he is letting on.

How the fuck did this thread get to Oprah?

And as for the recent SP episode, El Dudo I really though that O's minge's partner's name was GARY.

For Ø, South Park is fucking stupic an uncreative, but this episode is an exception. Not one single southpark regular appears, apart from the drop in "Mister Towelley". Anyone wanna get Hiiiiiigh?

Drawn Together is on again from next Monday. Now there's the shit. Limewire "Drawn Together - Hot Tub" for the very first episode, it will explain everything. Everthink even.

Which episode of SP is that exactly? I too find SP stupid and crass in general.

Guest Øskorei

How about his turn-around philosophies when it suited the situation ? Free love/No sex, Own Savings/Money to the Community, . ANd how about the Oregon situation ? There's a lot more to this faith than just the old Pig-Factory/ Art Compund in Byron Bay ya know. They took over an entire fucking town,installed counillors to the civic structure & all in Colorado. (I fink)

For fuck's sake, this isn't some fly-by-night new-age smudge-stick-burning-in-the-lounge-room, this is(as Osho) and was (as Rashneesh) some seriously fucked up mass-manipulation. Those who post in favour of the Bagwan are still infected, and I pity you greatly

well, I am not great fan of any cult or religion, so it's not like I am saying Osho = good. What I am saying is that many/most of the accusations were media hype and the prude sex and drug hysterical population was lapping it up.

My first exposure to Osho was in melbourne in the 80's and it fitted in well with my growing up and discovering drugs & sex. My best friend in the early 90's was a sanyassin family. I didn't actually realise the high sanyassin conentration in byron until a few years after I moved here. The rave scene was producing better drugs and better sex, so I was not drawn to the ashrams and the osho scene anymore.

As fo them taking over a town, so what? Mining companies do that all the time. So do the mormons.

Guest Øskorei

Unfortunately those closer to any given movement have the greater acceptance towards it. It might be argued that you are one of the least able to make an unbiased statement of the movement (early drugs experience, early sex experience, best mate a spawn of orange-parents).

And I think the correct spellink is 'sannyasin'..... Crikey, Sheela.

I'm going to maintain here that Osho is not something that people should be fucking around with as an experiment, unless they are truly drawn to him in your desperate pseudo-spiritual searching.

just to clear up one thing:

Samnyasa (IAST saṃnyāsa, also spelled sannyāsa, Sannyasa, Devanagari: संन्यास) in Hinduism symbolizes the conception of the life of a monk, a person is now integrated into the spiritual world after wholly giving up material life. One who walks this path is known as a sannyasi, sannyasin or sanyasi.

Most sannyasin are not connected to Osho.

As long as one is aware that Osho mainly fronts a sex & drugs cult. I've known many orange folk who were good friendly people. i also know many non-believers who have been to the Ashram in Puna precisely for the sex & drugs, none ov them came to any harm.

the cult ov scientology w/it's "no friends outside ov the cult" philosophy seems much more damaging to me.

I've listened to many of oshos recorded talks and while he does seem to have many good ideas and a nice outlook I have to question some of them, like abolishing marriage in favor of daily orgies.... ya know... theres these things called STDs... condoms wont stop all of them :unsure: (I have no fundamental moral objection... its just the STD and pregnancy thing, cure all STDs and I'll get a vasectomy and the orgy can start!) and his idea of giving nukes to every country is a bit wacky, he baselessly assumes all current and future rulers everywhere on the planet will be SANE! :huh: folks think the dems are going to win the next presidential election here and every major democratic candidate has said publicly that they will not promise to avoid use of nuclear and biological weapons against civilian targets, I have little faith in the sanity and morality of leaders.

Guest Øskorei

The guy's 'transcript for better living' shifts & turns at a whim. So now he's back on the orgy thing ? Oh, great, he did that in the last 70's, until he decreed all of a sudden that it was bad. Then good again. Then bad again. This fucking idiot is the least credible spiritual leader the world has ever experienced.

So now he's back on the orgy thing ?

only if he's doing so from beyond the grave.....

Never heard of the guy.

Interesting as to the sex stuff.

Hindsight is the most clear and worthless.

Nice to hear something about comments.

So while we're seeming to keep a fairly balanced & objective perspective here....

What are people's opinions of Adi Da? (Adi Da Samraj/Adidam/whatever he wants to call himself this year)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adi_Da

I ask because an acquaintance is a devotee & has encouraged me to go to a few talks...but the more I read about him & his movement, the less interested I become. Feel the same way about Osho

Hope it's not going OT

Adi Da sounds interesting.. Anyone who claims to be God incarnate I have a hard time taking seriously, I'll listen to their teachings but Never follow anything as dogma. Most such folks have a few good ideas and a few bad... and of the good they are usually more effectively explored and explained in other (non-cultish) systems. Like most of Oshos good ideas already existed in buddhism and already had osho-esque wrinkles ironed out long ago.

Unfortunately those closer to any given movement have the greater acceptance towards it.

So, you are saying one has to be totally ignorant of a movement to make the best decisions about it? Doesn't make a lot of sense. Obviously the better decision would come from someone who has at least peered in, but has no interest, like an honest reporter/researcher, a curious seeker, or a friend.

It might be argued that you are one of the least able to make an unbiased statement of the movement (early drugs experience, early sex experience, best mate a spawn of orange-parents).

My drug experiences were mostly unrelated to any cult and certainly never influenced my perspective on them. I just regarded the orange folk as convenient. As far as sex goes, keep in mind that DJs in those days had something of a god-like status and basically created a bit of a sex cult around them by default. If anything I thought the whole Baghwan thing to be ridiculously funny. I mean, these people needed a bearded, creepy old guy and a shitload of drugs to teach them what I was already doing every weekend :devil:.

My best mate in the early 90's was not a 'spawn of sannyasin', but a convert herself. She was also about 15 years older then me.

And I think the correct spellink is 'sannyasin'..... Crikey, Sheela.

Thanks for pointing that out. Had never seen it written down before.

I'm going to maintain here that Osho is not something that people should be fucking around with as an experiment, unless they are truly drawn to him in your desperate pseudo-spiritual searching.

None of the people I know who joined up or even just experimented came to any harm. Some still follow, most don't. I know there are a lot of jaded sannyasins in the byron area, but I have never met any. It just gets talked about a lot. Actually around here the stigma is quite worrying. They talk about sannyasins like I imagine they were talking about jews in germany in 1930. The concensus seems to be that sannyasins have a lot of money and that they don't deserve it. There's a real sense of jealousy and hatred towards them. Never could quite figure that one out.

So, you keep claiming to have an insight into Osho that makes your opinion more worthy than anyone else's. By your own standards this means you must have had absolutely nothing to do with them as that would influence your understanding too much. Or by my interpretation your parents were members and you don't approve [in classic child rebellion style] :bootyshake: .

When they start to say channeling or born as a such start to run fast.

I AM GOD INCARNATE.. seriously do people even understand the concepts of hindusim? anybody claiming that under a hindu (or similar philosophical framework) is totally understandable. Nothing Egoic, or Heretic or Blasphemous about it. Nothing Insane about it. Thinking you're anything but god is the insanity! Unless you still have the whole us/them, me/you, god/me duality thing going on, in which case god must be some omnipotent being ruling from a cloud above, all of us subservient to him .. the creator and all that. I guess when people think of someone declaring godliness, within this mindframe, he must be mad cuz no one person created everything.

Possibly stating the obvious, but I dunno why any1 should doubt someone just for the mere fact they believe they are god incarnate. Jesus reckons he was god incarnate, god made flesh.. i reckon i'm god .: I reckon I'm jesus, buahahaha!!!