The Corroboree
Coschi

MELBOURNE FINDS !!!!

very cool picture, got any more?

Not really, i was to busy helping a group with ID questions to stop and snap much, doing my community service you could say :wink:

The Wombat is officially in full effect! :lol:

ny72gh.jpg

A third of the morning's findings.

Edited by alkatrope

awesome been heading out to the pine forests near the wombat for a while with no luck so its good to see these photos, did you go into the pines or through wombat native bush?

I've never seen subs in pine.

Native ftw :)

really, i never been into wombat before, next time i will have to stop in there.

nice find btw

Well this was not technically Wombat, but close enough. Same habitat.

And thanks.. I think it might just be the start 'cause (alot of) these were a bit smaller than I'm used to. I imagine in the coming weeks it will only get better.

Hi this was the result of my weekend can I have some help with id's pls

not any ok to eat if one was to do so?

Black/olive with blue stems

post-6085-1243156754_thumb.jpgpost-6085-1243157212_thumb.jpg

These little fella's were blue with a gold tip and very blue stem

post-6085-1243157284_thumb.jpg

And not sure bout these??

post-6085-1243157549_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1243156754_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1243157212_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1243156754_thumb.jpg

post-6085-1243157212_thumb.jpg

#3rd pic looks like subs but prints are necessary..i wouldn't be touching any of the others ...I'm no expert so please do not eat anything it's not worth it ok...get yourself a field guide for mushrooms ...I'm wanting one as well so we can all become safer mycologists... :wink:

The first one looks like cortinarius. The second one perhaps Dermocybe. Not sure about the third, could be another cortinarius, or even a laccaria or something, although substrate looks wrong for the latter. Anyway, no subs here.

#3rd pic looks like subs but prints are necessary..i wouldn't be touching any of the others ...I'm no expert so please do not eat anything it's not worth it ok...get yourself a field guide for mushrooms ...I'm wanting one as well so we can all become safer mycologists... :wink:

What are prints? sorry new at this. and do you know were I can get a field guide from?

What are prints?

Sporeprints. Place a cap gills down on a white sheet of paper and one on a black sheet. After a day or so take them off and you should be able to see a pattern of spores on the paper. The colour and intensity of the sporeprint can be an indicator of species, but is only one of many aspects of mushroom identification. IMO you really need to already be pretty much certain about a species before a sporeprint will help much. Then the sporeprint can confirm it. If you have no idea what the mushroom is, the sporeprint isn't gonna tell you much unless you know a lot.

Just looking at your photos again, the last one could actually be a gymnopilus of some sort.

Never, ever eat a mushroom unless you are 100% certain about its identity. Just to reiterate, there are NO SUBS IN YOUR PICS. Have fun learning :)

1. Cortinarius archeri.

2. Cortinatius rotundisporus.

3. Cortinarius sp.

1. Cortinarius archeri.

2. Cortinatius rotundisporus.

3. Cortinarius sp.

Thanks for that I guess I will have to go for a better search next time!

had a pretty succeful yield in far south - eastern melbourne.

most where pretty dry but got a few freshies :) lotsa blue staining

spore printing as we speak. pics up soon.

Got up at the break of dawn this morning to go for a pick at one of the spots which was shown to me by a fellow forumer ( thanks bud! ) as yesterday's finds weren't that impressive.

Searched for a good hour or two and was delighted with my finds...

Now for pics :D -

Lone ranger; there seemed to be a lot of these. Maybe because it's still early in the season? Only found a couple clusters of subs..

dsc0001pvz.jpg

Yum.

dsc0003d.jpg

:drool2:

dsc0004oyi.jpg

Here's a good example of what to look for ;)

dsc0007t.jpg

Big motherfucking mushroom [NOT A SUB - OR NECESSARILY EDIBLE]

dsc0014v.jpg

A nice bagful.

dsc0015j.jpg

Half of the finds from today...

dsc0016q.jpg

The other half :wub:

dsc0017v.jpg

Edited by divinersage

Nice one sage...I have to say the first three pics the caps look weird with that black nipple on em and pic 1 the stem looks wrong..looks fibrous kinda anyways you have some nice ones in the bags ...make sure to go over em again when you sort em to dry ....it's cool when you reach down and see em in all their glory and taking pics is equally as much fun as picking.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

i thought the exact same thing hunab! some of them had strange looking stalks but where most definitely subs ( dark brown/purple gills lots of bluing )

the black dots on the umbro of the subs in the second photo are actually deposits of oxidised psilocin which in reality are blue but came up as black on the camera. weird huh. this is evident in the second last photo you can see it shows up as blue under better lighting.

im with you on that H, hunting and shooting these elusive tricksters is almost as fun as ingesting ^_^

When I was younger and very unexperienced in hunting and Psychedelics in general,

I was looking amongst native eucalypt and wattle ground litter & we found a heap of the Fungi thats pictured in the third photograph of tyler83durdens post.

To us uneducated young blokes they were what we thought "Gold Caps" were sposed to look like, So we proceeded to pick a bag full and head back to our shack. They were cut up and stirred into a mix of mince and 2 minute noodles in a frypan to make some sort of stirfried concoction.

Luckily after eating them, waiting half an hour or more and nothing happening, We threw the rest away putting it down to "Bunk Mushies" or That the kid who told us they were the real deal was telling us porkies,

This is where I got worried about being poisoned and started to stress as we had no way of contacting Emergency services or transport out of the bush from where we were.

In the end no Ill effects were experienced and we put it down to dumb luck & stupidity. Looking back we were very lucky not to have been in serious trouble or worse.

Sorry for raving! I just wanted to share that story.

Edited by DreamingNagual

ready! :drool2::wub::drool2:

please excuse me if this is slightly of topic buuuuut.

how much dry weight subs would you guys need for a decent trip ( good visuals and a but-load of mindf**k ) if you chose to ingest?

FOAF did 2g of cracker dry subs that where a couple days old but kept very well and felt it was good but not enough ( FOAF isnt trying to boast as he knows this probably isnt a big dose in relation to what others take )

got a very nice body load and some slight patterning but no real visuals.

would a higher dose encourage visuals?

PS: this isn't FOAF's first time hes dosed a doze or so times.

2g isn't enough for my friend. 3g usually does the job and 4g is great. Anything over 5 generally has no benefits over 4ish, but nausea increases. Be careful not to use heat to dry them IMO. If you want extra propulsion, do a boil up rather than eat them.

2g isn't enough for my friend. 3g usually does the job and 4g is great. Anything over 5 generally has no benefits over 4ish, but nausea increases. Be careful not to use heat to dry them IMO. If you want extra propulsion, do a boil up rather than eat them.

don't forget to add some lemon juice to boiling tea...for the taste and the faster absorption.

edit..try laying down in a quiet room with soft music or no music...make sure you are warm and comfortable..dim lights and close your eyes and open your mind....subs love to wander in when you are in this position...others like to sit around with friends and smoke weed etc...I don't like that form of tripping ...it's kinda fun but you miss the intricacies.

have fun, be safe and open your soul and mind.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

thanks for the advice guys.

FOAF lets them soak in lemon juice for 10 minutes then adds tea and down the hatch including the dregs of the mushies just for good measure :)

yeah he said he tripped a lot harder when we was trying to sleep.