The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
No_One

Deliberate Nicotine ODing

Just had a thought,

I wanna give up the ciggies, do you reckon making yourself sick by downing as many as you can one after the other would teach your pleasure centers that they are actually bad news?

You could end up with something much worse, couldnt you? A trip to the hospital? I understand your attempts to get off nicotine, but I think seeing its effects on mice would be enough to put you off ciggies, let alone an idea like this. Nicotine is a poison, and has the ability to kill. Just dont go doing too much...

Iv actually thought about this aswell.

Smoking to the point where you feel sick enough not to want any and be able to quit.

No idea if ittle work but the reason i havent tried is coz it could cause more harm then good.

hahahahahahaha

give it a go and let us know if it works!

it certainly seems to work with other things.

maybe you could put electrodes on your balls and zap your self every time you light up.

in some movie i saw, they said that there is enough nicotine in two packets if ciggies to kill 20 people from overdose or something like that.

(no i don't think this is a credible reference).

Woldnt ur pleasure centres still b activated and u would just feel sick as well?

tobaccos traditoinal use was to smoke until the point of passing out then conversing with the gods, so I think they found even extreme intoxication "pleasurable" but they never smoked enough regularly to bcome addicted.

You'd learn your lesson though.

At the moment my body thinks they're good, something I let allow happen, as long as it thinks they're good it will always crave 'em. I know they're bad but my body doesn't agree, I'm not really motivated enough to argue with it at the moment so I'm thinking the risks could be worth the reward.

tobaccos traditoinal use was to smoke until the point of passing out then conversing with the gods

I'd probably end up addicted to doing this!

:drool2:

Edited by Shiva

in some movie i saw, they said that there is enough nicotine in two packets if ciggies to kill 20 people from overdose or something like that.

(no i don't think this is a credible reference).

I would think it is possible but delivery would have a lot to do with it ie smoked, transdermal, I.V

"tobaccos traditoinal use was to smoke until the point of passing out then conversing with the gods

I'd probably end up addicted to doing this!"

Yeah i havent passed out but I have smoked tobacco through a waterpipe to the point were u have to lie down & not move it only lasts a short time but is almost pleasurble.

I would think it is possible but delivery would have a lot to do with it ie smoked, transdermal, I.V

i think the movie was saying that some murderer was extracting nicotine from ciggies and using a syringe as a murder weapon.

i think it was a shit movie.

i can't remember.

yeah, probably I.V. The clips I saw about the effects of nicotine on rats/mice was all I.V. It would take a lot, but the fact that they sat there trembling and convulsing until their organs failed and they died was enough to put me off the cancer sticks...

If u want to give up spend 4 days on atrawler with no smokes, I think the short break, hard constant work, fresh air & enjoying life for wot it is, is wot cured me, when we got back I had one drag & through the cig in the ocean & havent looked back.

i found patches helped with giving up cigarettes,,,, the hardest part is more psychological... what to do after a meal, with a cuppa etc.. i have read that canna will eliminate cravings for nicotine... and suppress the effects of nicotine... could be worth a try.... I have said in here in the past though, that I have had very vivid dreams on nicotine patches.... so it is an interesting way to give up. In regards to the psychological side of it.... i found it helped to not think I was giving up "cigarettes" but just to think I had to not have 1 cigarette... you can't continue to smoke cigarettes if you dont have the 1st 1 that u r giving up... makes it seem like a more achievable goal..

Edited by shroomytoonos

yeah, probably I.V. The clips I saw about the effects of nicotine on rats/mice was all I.V. It would take a lot, but the fact that they sat there trembling and convulsing until their organs failed and they died was enough to put me off the cancer sticks...

ah man thats farked up. i feel bad for the mice. farkin scientist bastards!i don wanna think of the other crap they do.

makes me wanna find the guy and do some tests on him.

Yep, there is far too much crap going on in labs... But I think the clips were pretty old - a lot of that sort of stuff would surely be banned these days. But, nevertheless, there has been a lot of poor animals dying horrible deaths for our 'benefit' as a species... :(

For me, 'Zyban' was quitting hax.

I took it, stopped smoking, and didn't really crave at all.

When i occassionally caved in to my physical habit, and bludged a cigarette off a smoking friend, I wouldn't get any Nicotine and I'd throw it away half way through.

Drugs that block nicotine receptors are cool. :)

I really couldn't report a single side-effect for myself either. I know friends who felt 'funny' mentally, whilst on Zyban, but for me it was just a magic cure!

(I was not paid to say this, there is a less-expensive alternative to the afore mentioned drug now) :wink:

I know someone who took zyban to give up & totaly flipped out, had halucinations that he lived in afghanistan and had a daughter there & was suicidal his spouse had to call the police & they had to take him to the hospital.

His halucinations sounded similiar to tropane halucinations he totaly believed them & was totaly immersed in them.

So b careful.

Edited by shruman

zyban is dangerous, but certainly a miracle for those who tolerate it.

Nicotine is a very toxic drug. It has a very small margin between a safe dose and a fatal dose. Taking huge doses does not stop the pleasure cycle. In fact, large doses are extremely addictive. I only like nicotine in large doses, where it becomes a narcotic, and trying not to repeat the experience the next day is hard work.

Make sure you really understand the toxicity of nicotine before attempting any non standard dose experiments as they can easily be fatal.

Nicotine is a hideous bitch goddess :D but we get on well so far. Tried a bit of the high level dosage, not fun exactly but somehow... like the soul having a good hot shower. MIght be just me.

Sniffing blackpepper oil makes ciggies taste and smell like utter crap, easily as bad as smoking when you have the flu. Whether that helps anyone, or even affects anyone else like that, is guesswork.10 bucks a bottle though so give it a go, use it in your bugsprays if it isn't much chop.

I nearly gave up smoking while visiting my old man after a triple bypass, drains of that 10 mm clear nylon hose hanging from his guts seeping blood everytime he'd shift in his bed... the most capable, intelligent and rational person I know, stuffed full of drugs and tubes weak as a kitten thru his own actions, cut up the centre like a butterfly pork chop patched up with sticky tape bulging with blood. Wet healing they call that.

Still smoke though. Call me a dickhead.It's my little fortress of solitude on the move.

I feel bad about animal testing and then I feel the weight of my leather boots creaking around my feet and I don't feel so bad anymore. Not bad for a vegetarian eh? :P

Humans are pretty warped critters really.Someone should look into it :blink:

GD

Shiva, your plan probably wouldn´t work. You´d just put up your tolerance level and on the long term, you´d smoke even more.

I took Zyban once. Very boring stuff. Maybe the dose wasnt high enough. I should give them another try soon. Since a few months, theres another product available on the german market. Champix. Not sure about whats in it. My mom plans to use it in order to quit smoking. She tried a thousand times but never did. I´m very curious if it´s going to work out this time.

do you reckon making yourself sick by downing as many as you can one after the other would teach your pleasure centers that they are actually bad news?

i don't know how effective it is, but i have seen on TV a guy who uses this exact method w/groups ov smokers. a beep goes off every 2 seconds & the smokers have to take a drag every beep.

people were throwing up & he was still encouraging them to keep puffing. it didn't look too pretty...

they should have banned tabacco along time ago, after all the reason for cutting sally was "potential for abuse" :/ i mean common, cigs offer a guarantee for abuse.

Anyway, iv also read abit bout zyban and it sounds good, but it has risks. i remember talking about it with my brother awhile ago and he said someone at his work tried it once and he said that he felt weird side effects, not sure about helucenations but a general "not quite right" feeling. he ended up quitting tho so maybe one must go though hell to get to heaven :)

I agree with Evil Genius. I've given myself nicotine poisoning on several occasions (accidentally) - I think a lot of people get it and just don't know what it is (call it "greening out" and blame it on pot when they smoke a mix, for eg.) - and it never stopped me for longer than a few hours. As soon as I'd stopped puking & gotten the circulation back in my fingers, I was smoking again.

As soon as I'd stopped puking & gotten the circulation back in my fingers, I was smoking again.

That about says it all :(

I don't smoke anymore though - I'm one of the lucky ones who really doesn't have much trouble quitting cigarettes. I think there's supposed to be a genetic component to that. It certainly varies wildly between individuals - I know people who just feel a little fidgetty, like me, and then others who get extremely irritable/angry/distractable/depressed - I know one guy who won't drive when he's trying to quit, he reckons it's more dangerous than driving drunk.

Re: Zyban - I've only heard good things about it. Not on the PBS though, so it's expensive.