The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Siggor

b/s posts

i mean it just spoils the whole thing about philosphy, i have to search through so much b/s to get to the real truth of anything

I thought that was the 'whole thing about philosophy'?

paranormal and unknown does not have anything to do with s&p.

LOL of course it does... the paranormal can and usually is closely associated with spirituality, and what is philosophy if not an exploration of the unknown? Furthermore, one's philosophy determine's one's outlook on the paranormal and spiritual, and one's spirituality often determines how paranormal or mysterious experiences are interpreted.

Anyway, ghosts are neat.

thanks for saying that, I was pretty much silenced with the authoritative rule setting of what can and cannot be deemd related to spirituality and/or philosophy. Cheers for liberating how where and why we can philosophise... cuz otherwise i woulda been real bored the next time my wordlview smashes against the windscreen of the universe.. (thinking of the Bug intro to MIB).. really we only think we have some clue until we get pumelled by one huge dumper of a wave.. surfing it is a lot more fun then being rolled around though ;)

hmm need more metaphors!!!

Spudamore, I do see your point however, that getting too absorbed in philosophies and theories and things to do with .. creative thinking and obsessive pattern finding... sounds like a very fun way to spend my thinking time... but it shouldnt take over my doing time, also my thinking time should be as relevant as possible to my doing time, so i understand what you mean about working out your own life first. the only difference is, im not quite schizoid nutter yet, but i've been there for about 10hr portions of time that seem a lot longer... and the point is, theres some things i cant pass up. like direct experience of pop culture synchronicities regarding themes and thoughts going through my life... with UNCANNY fucking precission a cartoon or tv show would explain whats going on in my life.. given these happen when in my most 'pattern-association' state where everything is in some infinite holographic way symbolic of or self similar to everything else i can see this as over-association, but i experience it and still thik of it afterwards as being fully tuned in, that theres times, perhaps all the time (if we're creative enough about connecting the dots) that the universe is showing us individuals a scene that is directly related to us, through external physical space/time events.

Especially now with globalised pop culture and (hopefully) an increasing amount of creative art and worldwide distribution, those switched on could (even subconsciously) broadcast an image or any media that has direct meaning to you. It seems the more amount of Anything in the mediums presented to us just ups the probability of something having direct significance.. and thats what synchronicities are about, sliding those probability waves back into sync. it happens in the smallest things too, or maybe i'm associating the smallest things. but come on, i think shit first before the radio or tv copy me, not the otha way round, serious!

===

"Carl Jung defined synchronicity as "The coincidence in time of two or more causally unrelated events which have the same meaning." His implication is clear--certain events in the universe cluster together into meaningful patterns without recourse to the normal pushes and pulls of causality. These synchronicities therefore must transcend the normal laws of science, for they are the expressions of much deeper movements that originate in the ground of the universe and involve, in an inseparable way, both matter and meaning."

"In building the bridge between mind and matter, the notion of causality must be bypassed in favor of transformations and unfoldings. Causality and synchronicity are not contradictory but are dual perceptions of the same underlying reality. In other words, synchronicities are manifestations, in mind and matter, of the unknown ground that underlies them both. In this way similar orders are found in both consciousness and in the structuring of matter. The parallelism between the objective and the subjective aspects of the universe do not so much arise through causal connections, or linear patterns in time, but out of underlying dynamics that are common to both. Synchronicities therefore introduce meaning and value, in an essential way, into nature. The meaningful patterns of the world, which transcend all our attempts to limit and encompass them, arise not so much through the mechanisms of external orders but through the unfolding of their own internal significance.

While science has an awesome power to predict and control, it is also clear that its essential fragmentation of nature is no longer able to address all the major problems that face the world today. Synchronicity, however, with its sensitivity to harmony and the indivisibility of consciousness, humanity, and nature at least opens up the possibility of a new approach. But again this does not mean making a choice to "adopt" synchronicity or to "replace" some of the approaches of science with those of synchronicity. Rather, by being perceptive to these issues it may be possible to move, in a creative way, in an entirely new direction...One step toward becoming more sensitive to the duality between these different worldviews is to begin to question the whole current order of science and to develop new ideas and theories that have a more holistic approach."

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~sai/ISSS_synchr.html

===

The thing is, WS post about pop culture synchronicities really resonated with me and triggerd a mental flashback of sorts reminding me just how profound all those experiences felt. And has kind of moved my art practice into similairly themed ideas. For which i am grateful and i really thought the thread was a good starter for getting interested in this shit again.. even though he did directly rip it all from some website w/out being clear bout that.

also when my life goes downhill it's a lot easier to blame the illuminati with their occult symbol mind programing that are taking my life the direction it is...

Edited by El Duderino

The thing is, WS post about pop culture synchronicities really resonated with me and triggerd a mental flashback of sorts reminding me just how profound all those experiences felt. And has kind of moved my art practice into similairly themed ideas. For which i am grateful and i really thought the thread was a good starter for getting interested in this shit again.. even though he did directly rip it all from some website w/out being clear bout that.

Me too, its these pop culture sycnhronicities that I found appealing, because a few years back I was making these collage/paintings that incorporated concepts words and images that had been floating around in the media. I couldn't logically explain the connections I was seeing between them, but I felt like there was a real signficance. Mind you, I was smoking a lot of pot at the time, and i didn't get out much. Anyway, yeah I've been recently trying to revive these collages, but its not as fun or meaningful when I'm not stoned. Also, conspiracy theories have long been a guilty pleasure of mine.

was totally in awe of w-s's output.........thanks for the reality check!

i too would like to see more of the real w-s!

that said ,his posts ,cut and paste included, get a goodly number of views , so i assume there is reasonable interest .

t s t .

ws has got to be a spam bot hehe...just asking

*chuckle* I think this should be a catchphrase, it totally cracks me up?! hehe... just being annoying?!

Its a combination of the hehe, and the fact that just being annoying appears whether it is a question or not, and finally the question mark, as if he is not sure whether he is being annoying or not.

You're great value WS.