The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
MrBumpy

Drink Driving advice?

Solicitors become very expensive but can make all the difference, i would use legal aid up to the court date and then employ a good solicitor for the court day, otherwise this thing will end up costing you many thousands of dollars.

According to the Sen Const. that visited my highschool oh so many years ago, Drink driving laws cover any sort of vehicle, including skateboards and shopping trolleys.

absolutely true. i know somebody who was busted going to the shops on a ride-on lawnmower intoxicated. i've got a feeling that you can lose your drivers license by riding a pushbike drunk etc, but i'm not positive.

anyway, apart from going down the sidewalk on a lawnmower which pretty much proves you are wasted, i think you'd have to be operating your bicycle/horsie/rollerskates quite badly for a policeman to pull over and breath test you.

if you get caught drink boating/you are the captain... in queensland you lose your car license as well !

same in victoria

Too true ramon, friend got busted .056 got a overpriced lawyer, argued it was a mistake and asked for a higher fine and less time off driving. He got one month and $1000 + Lawyer. In addition the lawyer asked not to record a conviction, the police representative had never heard of this before, and thus didnt realise you could challenge this, the judge saw no reason to and thus didnt record a conviction.

In addition the lawyer asked not to record a conviction

Unless he was a repeat offender he wouldn't have had a conviction recorded anyway. There is no conviction recorded if it is below a certain level, I forget what though.

-bumpy

lost my fiancee to a drunk driver, but he was point 300 odd. bad shit. .06 is a hell of a lot different though. an acquaintance got done for about .06 here in nsw, got a small fine and 'traffic school' apparently. no suspension.

absolutely true. i know somebody who was busted going to the shops on a ride-on lawnmower intoxicated. i've got a feeling that you can lose your drivers license by riding a pushbike drunk etc, but i'm not positive.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I can picture some wasted mofo mowing the lawn having a few too many beers and then just continuing onto the road down to the shop. That's hilarious!! LoL.