The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gardener

Medicinal plant staves off thirst, promotes stamina

On ABC TV tonight they had a show called Painting Australia, set at a cattle station in the Simpson Desert that was called somethign like Ethnabuku. An aboriginal elder was interviewed but I came in at the tail end of the interview. he was talking about a Simpson Desert plant that enables people to travel for days in the harshest conditions, gives them stamina, its also apparently an aphrodisiac. I didn't catch the name of it. They showed the plant growing but i only caught a glimpse. Anyone else see this?

This would be pituri - Duboisia hopwoodii.

once you reach 45 years of age one needs normaly a bit of time recharging between orgasms, but after using pituri, one feels not only horny, but doesn't need much time to recharg between sex sessions. that's at least what i experienced 24 h after chewing...

Here is a pic, look like the one?

normal_duboisia2.jpg

normal_duboisia11.jpg

A little off topic but how does one do the thumb nail images?

Wow! Are these effects due to something in its nicotine? I thought pituri was a tobacco? Do other tobaccos have these kinds of effects also?

pituri im sure is not toabbacco but said to contain nicotine, as well as tropines i think. its a nice smoke and each to their own chew.

PH - you sex fiend you LOL

tripi and eli recently reported magical effects from consumption of pituri on the doof floor. There is certainly a lot more to this plant than nicotine.

Would you say the same applies for Duboisia myoporoides T?

Would you say the same applies for Duboisia myoporoides T?

no, not at all. myoporoides is very much like other tropane containing plants - especially like Iochroma.

Interesting, thanks for that information T.

:)

Duboisia chemistry is varied and complex between populations and species - and hybrids

There are nicotine, hyoscine, atropine and hyoscamine containing populations of D myoporoides up the coast and over to PNG

The victorian D hopwoodii leaf ive tried is comparable to the Queensland material

I havent tried the WA stuff yet but a nicotine containing populations does exist accodring to TLC

Yeah, did a little bit of research to find out some more about the Duboisia myoporoides, and pretty much found out the same as you have said here Rev. I find it interesting that different communities of the same plant contain different alkaloids etc. Would this be purely brought about by climatic conditions? Or would things like annual rainfall, soil types, altitude, humidity etc. play a part in the chemical makeup of this interesting species?

tdnntbh

Edited by Rev

tdnntbh

Edited by Rev

tdnntbh

Edited by Rev

Interesting stuff Rev :)

I would definatly be keen on some seed and plants of the NNSW untested chemo type next time you are out that way

A lovely effect i have experienced from the hopwoodii, clarity..euphoria..a little stonige and a great taste. certainly a sacred smoke, the botanical heritage of this land constantly exceeds my expectactions :) Cool signature YT....diggin it.