The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
botanika

Spicey herbal extract blend

Got an interesting herbal and extract blend sample in the post on the weekend. It's essentially a weed substitute. Unfortunately it was only tried after already being bent on real weed. Good effects noticed though were increased 'sparkle' and definition is visuals, a short lowering of inhibitions and euphoria, a slight narcotic feeling and also a pleasant smoke aroma in the room. It's not strong but definitely there. Bad effects were it smokes a little harsh and after smoking the whole sample a weird anesthetic feeling of the mouth, lungs and throat was experienced (could be the Nymphaea caerula or Pedicularis densiflora) and a little headachy later on. It works well for a herb mix or additive though. Quite relaxing. It contained the following:

Baybean (Canavalia maritima)

Blue Lotus (Nymphaea caerulea & Nymphaea alba)

Dwarf skullcap (Scuttelaria nana)

Indian Warrior (Pedicularis densiflora)

Lions tail (Leonatis leonurus)

Maconha Brava (Zornia latifolia)

Pink Lotus (Nelumbo nucifera)

Siberian Motherwort (Leonarus sibiricus)

Gotta love free samples!

Edited by botanika

Thanks Botanika.

Sounds interesting.

I never heard of Canavalia or Zornia before - I'm going to check em out.

it's called 'spice' and is the most popular and probably most effective cannabis substitute on the market. It's also very expensive. the distributor won't mail to australia.

spice and naki black

both legal in NZ.. bloody australia

Just because something is sold in NZ doesn't mean it is legal. Many of the party pills for example now contain analogs of illegal drugs that are definitely covered by the NZ analogs act. Murky business.

As for spice, at least one of the ingredients contains dmt, so is illegal in most countries. Some countries define a 'preparation' as something extracted and these countries allow dmt containign herbs, but in most countries a preparation is anything that is dried and hence spice is technically illegal almost everywhere [incl NZ].

Just because something is sold in NZ doesn't mean it is legal. Many of the party pills for example now contain analogs of illegal drugs that are definitely covered by the NZ analogs act. Murky business.

As for spice, at least one of the ingredients contains dmt, so is illegal in most countries. Some countries define a 'preparation' as something extracted and these countries allow dmt containign herbs, but in most countries a preparation is anything that is dried and hence spice is technically illegal almost everywhere [incl NZ].

Torsten, which Spice ingredient contains DMT? Im guessing this (DMT) is not a contributing factor to the effects, rather something that just happens to be in one of the herbs in trace amounts?.

Canavalia contains traces. I doubt it contributes much, but there are other tryptamines that might.

Canavalia contains traces. I doubt it contributes much, but there are other tryptamines that might.

Interesting. The Canavalia and Zornia are the only two ingredients of Spice that I am yet to experiment with. I am guessing one or both of these are responsible for the enhancement that one gets from smoking Spice. The other ingredients seem to be more relaxants.

never trust a label! many good products I have seen overseas are actually good because of what's not on the label. in the case of spice that worries me as none of the ingredients truely account for the effect.

Would it b legal to import a product that is not correctly labeled, & contains an unlabeled illegal drug?

Or more precisely would u b prosecuted?

Edited by shruman

Would it b legal to import a product that is not correctly labeled, & contains an unlabeled illegal drug?

Or more precisely would u b prosecuted?

it would be confiscated [if discovered] and you may get raided. if you are clean you will likely get off or they might not even charge you. depends on the labelling.

eg a properly marketed commercial product that says 'all herbal' with a herbal listing and then contains butylone, you would get off. the problem is that they CAN raid you and usually will.

it would be confiscated [if discovered] and you may get raided. if you are clean you will likely get off or they might not even charge you. depends on the labelling.

eg a properly marketed commercial product that says 'all herbal' with a herbal listing and then contains butylone, you would get off. the problem is that they CAN raid you and usually will.

Well whatever's in Spice, it certainly feels like its effecting the Cannabinoid receptor, as opposed to 5HT or Gaba. Any ideas? It certainly tastes rough.

there are some synthetic THC analogs going round europe at the moment. They are up to 100 times as potent as THC. Don't really know much about them, but I know this sort of stuff often finds its way into 'herbal' products over there, because they have such narrowly defined analogs clauses.

edit! *spice* IS available right here in Aus. at least it has been since december or so,when some crazy arsed freak i know purchased some. it seems to be out of stock most of the time, though.

oh and yeah and he said it's strong and hella expensive

anyone heard of chill mix? same stuff? importable?

Edited by Airbender

be careful about spice. It is quite openly discussed in the vendor community that the effective ingredient in spice is in fact a synthetic cannabinoid. In some countries this would be legal, but in oz it is not. Luckily the makers also masked the product, so GC/MS analyses have not been very successful, but erowid is apparently on the case.

So, two thigns to consider. One is that you may test positive for cannabinoids which would be illegal under the analogs clause and hence could cost you your job. And two, if you are importing it you may get into shitloads of trouble.

thanks guru!

based on your post i've shyed right away from importing that chill stuff which is apparently comparable to spice.

i guess the guys who send it in the mail don't care if customs asks the end consumer WTF are you importing this shit for?potential jail bird?

so...what do you think the future holds for this spice stuff...should one "stock up" before it's made illegal and everyone involved gets in *shit loads of trouble* ?i guess we wait for erowid's outcome

Spice is such a hugely profitable product that there are at least 2 other products trying to get in on the act. Both of the ones that I know contain the same synthetic cannabinoid [but I am not at liberty to mention the product name].

If you have nothing illegal at home then importing some spice won't hurt too much. As a consumer you would simply get a warning - if they ever work it out. Problem is that if you have a bong, joint or other stuff at home that might be illegal in your state then they can just do you for that.

If you're buying it locally then that removes most of the risk. I personally think some of those businesses are insane to risk such imports, but then again most of them are so ingorant that they have no idea what they are actually importing.

Sounds really interesting, would love to try sum if I could source it locally. Any1? :P

Can anyone confirm if "Spice Gold" will test positive in a urinalist drug test?

I have at least 6 months more testing :( And was just about to order some spice gold but wont if it will make my sample test positive :(

IM DYING FOR A SMOKE HERE! lol

Any other alternatives! Have you made your new batch of "I cant believe it's not hash" yet T?

It doesn't appear to test positive as there is just no news about this yet [and one would expect so by now].

yes, we have notHash back in stock.

BUMP?"Canavalia contains traces....(of dmt) I doubt it contributes much, but there are other tryptamines that might"

tryptamines in which species, Uncle T. then i'll go use the f&*king search engine

a friend of mine :unsure: said that when he had :bong::bong: of seed heads of cyperus species growing near his house and :bong::bong: of SG it went from the usual mellow, contemplative up into a more psychedelic groove like "hey,did someone sprinkle a teeny bit of acid on my stash while i wasn't looking"

Edited by Airbender

tryptamines in which species, Uncle T. then i'll go use the f&*king search engine

Canavalia. It only takes traces to make it illegal in Oz.

So, either it contains canavalia and is thus illegal, or it contains a synthetic cannabinoid and is thus illegal too. Or maybe even both.

Canavalia. It only takes traces to make it illegal in Oz.

So, either it contains canavalia and is thus illegal, or it contains a synthetic cannabinoid and is thus illegal too. Or maybe even both.

So you're certain its not possible to produce an effect like Spice gives by extracting individual chemicals from the likes of Pedicularis, Baybean, Dagga and Mochana brava and spraying them onto a base herb?

I am not basing my comment regarding the synthetic cannabinoid on whether it is impossible to get the effect via natural herbal extracts. It may well be possible. I have other reasons.

Spice is such a hugely profitable product that there are at least 2 other products trying to get in on the act. Both of the ones that I know contain the same synthetic cannabinoid [but I am not at liberty to mention the product name].

Torsten;

You have not given your reasoning behind 'not being at liberty', so this comes partly from inference, but;

It seems to me that you are protecting a secret for the monetary gain of others(and though i doubt it possibly yourself), reputation and trust within the vendor community in exchange for the safety of others. I know people who are allergic to cannabis, and if someone allergic to cannabis saw spice and decided to give it a go, the synthetic cannabinoid may trigger an allergic reaction. Also when a doctor treats someone it is imperitive that he knows what the patient has in their system. if a spice user is hospitalized for a non-spice related matter i think the doctor needs to know that there is a blend of herbs/synthetic cannabinoid in their system. in the future when more research is done on spice and this synthetic cannabinoid is eventually outed, consumers and vendors may be prosecuted under various analogue acts.

Why are you willing to protect this secret at the expense of others safety and freedom? if i were to come across the name of this ingredient i would shout it from the rooftops. customers should know what they are buying.