The Corroboree
DocAzz

Visuals on acid

Yes.

Stronger, brighter, more colourful, more interesting, more exciting.

Also less body load and/or paranoia if present, not to mention more "euphoria".

A must do.

.. At least least that's what my friend in Amsterdam tells me..

Ohhhhhh baby now thats what I wanted to hear!!!!

errrr..... said my garden gnome person thing.

Tanx alky!

EDIT: Typos SUCK!

Edited by Harry

I'm not saying I don't get OEVs, just not the typical trails of colours and lights everyone else does. Reality bends, warps and drips.... but if its something I know, and have a point of reference for, it just feels like my brain is kicking in and trying to put a stop to it.

Sounds like you're doing alright on the visual front to me, maybe just not recognising what is what? If you're seeing demons etc. I'd say that is pretty close to what is meant to be happening [though this could be a reflection of yourself? Or the person you are seeing?]. Try doing it totally alone maybe without any outside influence swaying you into 'wanting what they are having' if you get my drift, introspection of the self and deep reflection of what is occuring and what can be learnt may help free your mind up.

Sounds like you might be stuck on something, but not sure exactly what this might be, only you can answer this question, I think. Try meditating beforehand and/or during, you need to find yourself before sharing your journey with others is my opinion.

Definitely avoid the TV and do what a few others have said here, semi dark to dark, outdoors, nature. I would avoid harsh music like Rammstein also as this may have negative influences on the experience. I would suggest no music or very calming music if any at all.

I guess it all comes down to what works for you as a person.

Experiment, but don't burn your brain trying, it truly isn't worth it.

Pardon me for pissing in your pocket, Tonic, but I reckon you're bang on with all of that. B)

Ok the demons I see are in one of my friends. He's left the planet too many times with the sole intent of getting ripped. I mentioned seeking purpose in a trip, and he just laughed and called me an idiot. Another friend is a real bitch.. her husband is an amazing lovable guy, but the wife? complete opposite. I saw her as a small child, and it has since changed the way I interact with her. She IS just a kid.

I see my girlfriend exactly as I see her normally - truly beautiful with a huge heart.

I think I should stop worrying about seeing colours and light trails - I see what I need to see. I learn about people and myself.

I've already had one revelation on my life, and its changed how I act.

Re: Rammstein - BACK OFF! jokes :lol:

I love my heavy metal. One particular rammstein track sounded amazing! Moskau! It has a real electo sound to it, it even has those t.A.t.U. russian girls singing bits in russian during the song. Germans refer to it as Tanz Metal - meaning Dance Metal. I think I might try an experiment this thursday or friday night. Setup a playlist of several hours, ranging from Beethoven, to the Beatles, to Metallica and Tool... and everything inbetween. I'll go in on a low-ish dose, and document different effects of music on me.

I know for a fact that any metal I love won't have a negative effect on me.

Re: being stuck on something.

I'm at a cross-roads with myself lately. I've worked out that I sabotage myself to no end. I just have no clue why.

I know I've got potential for anything, but I just stop myself from trying/studying/practicing!

example: I'm getting serious with my band, we're all fucking good, we've got some good songs down too.. so what do I do? chew the shit out of my fingernails to the point where it hurts too much to play bass. I missed rehersal tonight because of it, and haven't touched my nails since... and won't, until two days before next rehersal.

If I've got assignments due, I'll occupy my time doing other things, and helping other people with their work.

If I have an appointment to meet, I'll find something to do up until the last minute and turn up late.

The only reason I still go out and work hard every day is because my family depends on my work more than I do.

Close your eyes, lay back, and have a big hit of nitrous - if that doesn't get some visuals swimming, it's probably a lost cause. I think I've noticed the effect you're speaking of, but only on low-moderate doses whilst coming down - it's like your brain becomes used to it after a while and forgets how weird it all looks.

'When you're first born, everythings ok. You accept it all. As you grow, you erect walls and start to filter out the mass of information that comes into you in order to make sense of it. The baby is processing everything. Everything right? When you take acid, you see incredible patterns. The incredible patterns that you see is just the noise from your own nervous system which is normally filtered out so that you don't hear it. You selectively censor the data from your senses, including those we don't recognize like the telepathic ones. You see colours, like the purple that comes out of mecury vapor lamps in the streets, which is a color you dont normally see. But all this information is always there.

When you take acid, all of a sudden you get all these inputs and you're processing the whole thing. people seem to be in trances when they get really high because there's just so much going on that they can't possibly make a decision. They see all of the wavelike propagation of probability going off into the future and its almost impossible to make a choice. If your're absolutely cosmic and one with the creating entity, you cannot get up. You trip up over your own feet. That is just the way it is, you know?'

Owsley Stanley

Botanica - that has got to be the best quote I've read relating to acid - I can picture it all, and I've never even tried the stuff!

I think I've figured out why I have problems with visuals on acid. ........ last time, when the TV was on. Everything on TV looked exactly like how I had pictured a typical acid trip should look like. The rest of the room even stopped moving, and the trees and stars outside looked normal so long as the TV was in my sight. It is as if my brain "unleashed" the acid in the space of the screen, because I had no real point of reference. There is nothing to say the movie didn't actually look like that, as I had never seen it before.

The TV wasn't even switched on......... :lol:

You sound a lot like me when I was playing with that stuff.

I found that the setting makes an enormous difference. If you believe in the energy of certain places and objects, then you can appreciate that taking acid at home is a completely different experience to going bushwalking, finding a very serene place with good energy (Higher is better, I found lookouts and a rock on the edge of a cliff to be a very energetic place to trip), and set yourself up to have a nice time.

Heavy Metal will bring you down emotionally, try some 60's music instead.

I never tried it, but I reckon taking an x tablet or 2 approx 1-2 hours before you take the trip would put you into an incredibly wonderful state of mind in preparation for the acid. I find that acid can be very exhausting during the comedown, so probably a nice dose of codeine (maybe 100-150mg), valium, or half a cone at about T+8 hours would really take the edge off the ride back down from the acid.

One thing that I discovered on acid was that the "hallucinations" are not necessarily outright visual hallucinations as such, eg. Seeing cartoon characters in the room throwing magic donuts at everybody. For me, the hallucinations often came to me as the crossing of the 5 senses in any random way, eg:

Eyesight - Seeing

Hearing - Sound

Smell - Smells

Taste - Tastes

Feel - with your hands and skin

LSD crosses the pathways of these 5 senses, giving you 25 new ways to experience the world.

When I was on acid, we went to a cocktail bar. The bartender put ice in a glass, and I only heard it behind me, but my mind (the acid) allowed my sense of sight, taste, touch to experience the sound also. It was incredible. The sound consumed me with 4 of my senses, I felt it, I tasted the sound, I saw the sound without using my eyes.

Tasting new flavours can make your other 4 senses go wild.

Once you are aware of this phenomenon, you can appreciate what the acid is doing for you and learn to take it in more easily.

25 new senses is enough to overload ANYBODY all at once. Hence, it's easy to panic and think your going mad, even if you know that it's temporary and tell yourself this. Knowing your 5 (6?) senses are jumbled up completely with crossed wires and so forth, really puts things in perspective and allows you to enjoy it a bit easier.

On a side note, One thing that really intensified pot when I used to smoke it was smoking it outdoors, in good company, in a remote place with good energy, like on a bushwalk, at a lookout, etc. It seems to amplify the good effects and dimish the bad effects considerably.

PS: Why don't you get hold of some Salvia Div and have a cone of that. Never done it myself but I met a guy who has done it and he told me that Salvia turned him into a rainbow throwing cartoon character for 5 minutes. So funny the way he described it... hehehehe!

Edited by Big George

from my experience one needs to take a fair bit for any real visuals to come about. i used to take acid all the time thinking i had seen it all taking up to 5 tabs at a time. then i found another source and took the same amount....BOOM!! it all depends on what you are getting and how much you are having. doses these days are quite low so you need a few to experience the full potential. i've found eyes closed is where its really at with acid thats where you can find yourself fully immersed in a completely different world. eyes open definitley won't give you as intense visuals and will generally keep you grounded in your surroundings with only minimal distortions. as terrence mckenna would say 'if in doubt double the dose'...that way you can be sure you've had enough.. then lay down with eyes shut and some music (you said you like tool.. you'll like them even more...). if you do it alone you'll go much deeper and have less distractions allowing the visuals to really unfold to their full potential... well thats what i do and i see some really intense stuff :)

It may be a cliche but lighting can have very powerful effects for inducing visuals. Blacklight + fluro colours, strobes. Oh and +1 on the nitrous.

It may be a cliche but lighting can have very powerful effects for inducing visuals. Blacklight + fluro colours, strobes. Oh and +1 on the nitrous.

Audio/Visual stuff has a HUGE impact on ones mood. Wolfmother taught me this :lol:

In between songs, there they are in their oldschool getup pretending to be some kinda rock gods from the 70's and I sorta think, isn't this a bit much, get some egos on yas!!! and then the whole mood kinda went dark, the lighting was dark, the instruments were creating all sorts of feedback and ugly noise, and the lead singer seemed like too big a star to care for the crowd and sorta did a "fuck you I'm walking off the stage" demonstration.

The Emotional Vibe was a serious fuck you guys, sif i paid for this to take some crazy mush/acid combo and feel this ugly crap now,

then Bang, lights fix up, instruments clean up sound, and the singer says somethin like "ah just kidding". And the vibe is reversed again, and i think... fuuuuuck man its all a show, its all emotional manipulation and we're their emotional pawns... It was an oldschool revelation about government (mind control) in general, but they did a good job of ramming it home when everyone was peaking for sure.

On Synergy, I've found personally that when on mush especially, the moment after exhaling some pot, I'd get crazy thought/reality synchronisation. Also everything has a speeding up / slowing down wahwahwahwah effect :D

and Nitrous is the bomb! :D

low dose good for some visual enhancement, high dose will take ya somewhere else.

Edited by El Duderino