The Corroboree
Coschi

Cannabis harvesting

Yeah HG wins hands down...even a fairly patchy strain grown in less than ideal conditions means you have fresher than fresh bud covered in fruity frosty fun... most commerical is more or less abused in terms of storage handling speed consideration, by the time its in your hands it's had half the charm knocked out of it.

Early pick...the bane of the grower :D Remember that the 3cone nug you knock off today is the 4 cone nug of the future, and thats 4 cones at twice the potency and tastiness in some cases. BUT...times are tough, and lungs need feeding.. so the plant gods won't hate you for knocking off the smaller popcornier bit here n there, give em a lil trim and rest em on the back of your telly or somewhere JUST barely warm with air flow and check it often. But then there's none for tomorrow or the day after, and there's so much on the plant.... vicious cycle haha. Better off just being patient (just being patient ,how much easier said than done). Any early pick won't smoke all that true to a properly finished up batch, but if you've been dry for 6 months it might just get you grinning anyway.It's your plant!

Seasol and other fish n kelp products can boost sugar levels in the herbage meaning methinks a tastier product but needs a bit more time for the taste to level out. But then if you used nothing but chem ferts, it'd mean more flushing time. Eh. What we gain on the straight we lose at the roundabout :D Big fan of kelp here, liquid as feed and granules in my mixes, is often the difference between a good plant and a niiiice plant, esp in parts of aus with fairly dodgy soil or in mixes with a narrow spectrum of organic content (pine bark etc).

Curing gets a little fanatical I think, if you think most of what's for sale around aus has been gently rotated by hand everyday, jar cured with regular burps, or lovingly warmed between a tibetan monk's buttcheeks, not a chance. It's cut hung dried trimmed and what curing is done takes place while the stock is sitting around waiting to go wherever it's going.And the stuff still gets you stoned, if not as nicely as it should've but good enough for most of the country.Better than the brits with their soapbar haha poor bastards. Basically don't just dry n smoke, the longer u can take on drying and storing whilst preventing moulds etc (very nasty stuff ) breaking out the happier you will probably be with the product. But being straight for 2 or 3 months isn't very productive either, if it's your sole supply.With profiles of actives varying from strain to strain and plant to plant, it's a lil basic to just say "3 weeks here doing this, x amount of air exchange per hour, 4 weeks there doing that, bla bla".. if you keep growing out the same gear in the same place you will work out what needs to be done with it to suit you.

Nice plant ! Your friend did a good job :d Glad to see her out under the sun and not growing in slavery in a growbox somewhere.

GD

Alright, time to print this i think, pass it on to a friend he may certainly appreciate this..

He certainly appreciates all the information :worship: thankyou all very much!

So i've been told a bunch of the leaves are going yellow, and some are developing purple tips, i'll see if we can arrange for some happy snaps, but it's looking might like picking time he thinks, maybe a few more days, then it begins, man some of those buds are pretty damn fat - sweet chubby mary awww :wub:

she's cute as hell, but poor girl keeps falling over, too much weight! this morning he said her branches were lying almost totally horizontal! is this normal??

She smell goooood

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucky, lucky foaf :P

Re braches falling - havent really heard of that, but I'd say them colas are just weighing her down! Perhaps a bit of wind over night to help them topple? If she wasnt going to be harvested, I'd recommend a stake of some sort to support her, but probably no point now :P

Lets hope we can see a couple harvest pics too :P

Branches drooping is common for a very well loked after high yielding plant, u can run a piece of string from branches on opposite sides to support each over, pretty easy & effective.

Foaf once had a Big Bud indoors that yielded a dry pound it was trussed up like a christmas tree :wink::):P

^^^agreed

normal.

espescially after rain when the buds are holding some water.

hmm funny girl, tips are getting more and more purplier (is that a word?) but hairs are staying around or just under 50%, the guy whose plant it is loves the purpling (is that a word?) that's going on is it a risky thing to let her go an extra week or two just to see how far it goes? or should the current goodness be accepted ? :)

remember though, happy high not couch stoned is desired..

EDIT > taken from http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/05/03/1019441434548.html

Corrupt Manly detective sergeant Raymond John Peattie was jailed for four years last night for accepting bribes from other corrupt police on the northern beaches who allegedly robbed or extorted money from criminals.

The former crime manager at Manly station was sentenced to a total of eight years' imprisonment, but District Court Judge Michael Finnane found Peattie warranted a substantial discount in his sentence because he had not only admitted his guilt but been honest and provided fresh evidence on other corrupt police.

The 46-year-old father of five children from three marriages would be eligible for parole in one year, Judge Finnane ordered.

Wearing a dark blue suit with white shirt and red tie, Peattie at first stood ashen faced as Judge Finnane detailed how he had succumbed to corruption during his 24 years' service. He said Peattie had admitted to acts of fabricating evidence against criminals which was not "noble cause" corruption but perverting the course of justice.

After being told he would be eligible for parole within a year, Peattie turned to a small band of supporters at the back of the court -including a number of uniformed officers and detectives - and offered a half-hearted smile and a thumbs-up signal with his right hand.

Peattie, who resigned from the Police Service last year, is the first officer to receive a prison sentence arising from evidence at the Police Integrity Commission's inquiry into corruption in police ranks on the northern beaches.

Peattie was charged with four counts of accepting bribes totalling $1600 from other alleged corrupt officers at Manly police after raids on the homes of four alleged drug dealers between May and December 2000.

Judge Finnane said Peattie had not been on three of those operations but took the money when offered it instead of reporting the officers, as was his duty.

Judge Finnane said he believed Peattie had been honest in his accounts, unlike other corrupt police he had seen as counsel during the Wood Royal Commission into Police Corruption.

Judge Finnane said Peattie had also made a public apology in writing to all NSW Police and had also made a video with ABC journalist Chris Masters detailing how he became corrupt, and that would be shown to all police including recruits.

Edited by themagicmushroom

BWAAAHAHAH yeah i just found that too man!

Your BUSTED MOFO!!!

um....errrr.....ah...we all make mistakes thats why I'll give you a second chance before/if i bust you down.

We are really, really trying to change the negative image you ethno people have of us.

In fact I was just talking to my good old mate Roger Rogerson about a joint SAB/AFP pub crawl so we can all get off onto the right foot again.

My mate Roger and his mate Abo Henry are just top blokes who put on the best pub crawls a man has ever seen.

And to show what a nice bunch of fellas we are there will be an overlooking of all pot smoking on the night.

Best AFP pubcrawls

Locations suggested might be the Iron Duke Hotel or the Coogee RSL

Last Pub crawl we had the Bra Boys turned up and we all had a lot of fun together. And those boys are just really great blokes who'll look out for you when you back is turned.

Whose in?

Edited by Australian Federal Police

Of course he does!

Man i'm there with buds on, oh bells, BELLS .. :lol: awesome

I'm in if you've got a key to the drug safe... ;)

I sure do have the keys.

You know I'm really starting to like you guys. We have all sorts of goodies in The Safe (as us boys in blue like to call it).

hmmmmm....let me have a look...

- a 1kg bag of something labeled DMT. Not heard of that one....can't be to popular.

- 37 dried cactus heads......something called a loph

- 99% pure mescaline extract - 347grms

- salvia extract x50, can't be to good if you have to x50 it

well i'll be sure to bring some along

Rofl, only if I lived closer :P

I sure do have the keys.

You know I'm really starting to like you guys. We have all sorts of goodies in The Safe (as us boys in blue like to call it).

hmmmmm....let me have a look...

- a 1kg bag of something labeled DMT. Not heard of that one....can't be to popular.

- 37 dried cactus heads......something called a loph

- 99% pure mescaline extract - 347grms

- salvia extract x50, can't be to good if you have to x50 it

well i'll be sure to bring some along

lol anyone stupid enough to believe this bullshit deserves to be busted by a REAL cop. A kg of DMT?!? you're not fooling this little black duck :bootyshake:

Also, you have to see the irony in a (so called) police officer trying to befriend members of a somewhat esoteric drug culture by inviting them out to share in a night of socially accepted drug use - which is itself generally more excessive, dangerous and destructive (but government taxed) than anything most of us choose to do IN THE PRIVACY OF OUR OWN HOME.

peace innocent criminals

haha this is great, better keep up the quality of the posts or ill get borded AFP :)

If the DMT was in "The Safe" then its probably all melted and decomposed so its worthless.

Loph is a name we call them, noone else, most people not attached to the board who dont want to use the word peyote use williamsii. 37 buttons, unfortunatly any peyote grown down canberra way will have no mescaline in and will be useless.

99% Pure mescaline extract 374g, thats alot, how do you know its an extract if its 99% pure? Isotope ratios I guess, just to do the figures assuming 1% dry weight alkaloids you need 37.4kg dried cactus which assuming cactus is 90% water, thats 374kg fresh cactus, which assuming diameter of 10cm and assuming density of water thats 78mL per 1cm slice which is 78g/cmslice which means youd need 374000g/78=4795cm of cactus or just shy of 48m of cactus. Not to mention you need easily double the volume of water as there is cactus to therefore needing just shy of 800L of water. What is the mescaline salt?

Is that salvia extract 50x or is there 50 salvia extracts?

Got anything other then ethnobotanicals?

• Like 1

Noticed you didn't mention any street narcs there AFD. What are you cheapin out on us or did they just not make it to the vault.

Nah I know why, your saving them for the Police Christmas party aren't you.

LOL

Edited by Harry

another thing to remeber is that male flowers on female plants produce 100% female plants only.

we don't talk hemaphrodites, they would produce shit seeds, only genuine female plants which produce just a few male flowers (mostly at the bottom) will produce all female seeds.

i'm not disagreeing w/you planthelper, but this is something that people get very passionate about. i used to believe the same as you said, but after lurking on quite a few MJ growing sites i gathered that the consensus is that a female plant that produces male flowers (even just a few) has turned hermaphrodite & that any seeds produced will also be (or have a high probability ov being) hermaphrodite.

can you, or anyone else, give your thoughts on this, especially why there is such confusion?

Also i've noticed that large buds have a tendancy to develop mould, sometimes while still growing. could people give their thoughts on how best to handle such a situation? & how to avoid it in the first place?

Edited by nabraxas

large buds have a tendancy to develop mould, sometimes while still growing.

I am only speaking logically, as I sincerelly have absolutely no exp growing these fellas, but I'd think keepin the plant in a dry an area as possible in its last weeks would avoid the mould problem? Sorry no idea about the hermaphrodites...

I think the one pictured in this thread is a hermaphrodites, a few of the lower buds have had seeds in them

On another note, AFP guy, what you think of this eh?

08042007267hx0.jpg

:lol:

Best of both worlds there Sphinx LOL.

but I'd think keepin the plant in a dry an area as possible in its last weeks would avoid the mould problem?

i dunno, i guess that's right but i've seen mould on hydro buds; but i was really thinking ov outdoor grown weed.

Sphinx--great pictures. having seeds is no problem, MJ pollen can travel huge distances or be carried on folks clothing etc., the plant has to have male flowers to be considered a maybe hermaphrodite.

Yes i assure you Harry he totally agrees :wink:

Quote my foaf:

My wife and my kids
Edited by Sphinx