The Corroboree
Coschi

Cactus Tea Pictorial !!!

An overseas foaf sent me a few pics of how he prepared his cacti tea.

For informative purposes only!

Firstly: Cut the cactus like this! 3 x 15" was used

picture001kp3.jpg

picture002zj2.jpg

picture003xs3.jpg

picture004it7.jpg

Now: Peel all the skins off, this method allows you to be 100% efficient leaving all flesh on the cactus bits

Edit: Sorry I lie, obviously it isn't 100% efficient you can see that bit of flesh around the spines, lets say 95%

picture005oz5.jpg

That be a lot of cacti

picture006rz1.jpg

That be not a lot of waste

picture007ki0.jpg

Edited by Sphinx

i always assumed water and a pot would be part of the process.... i must have been mistaken.... oh.... I see I have jumped the gun..

Edited by shroomytoonos

Now COOK!! Cover with distilled water and pressure cook at high pressure for 15 minutes, get as much liquid out from the chunks as possible, here four cooks were done. After each cook the liquids were moved to a large pot where it was reduced slowly over a period of several hours until about 500mL of liquid was left

picture008nx8.jpg

picture009ce7.jpg

picture010uj4.jpg

picture011aa8.jpg

picture012zp3.jpg

With peeling the cactus and cooking for a single person a good day and a half is needed.

Your house will smell like cactus for the following day.

Cactus doesn't smell particularly good.

Cactus-flesh wetness texture is a cross between hayfever snot and cum - it doesn't bother you after a while.

You will dry reach drinking this.

Regarding the experience, the above was shared between two people which is a significant dose I believe. However these two people were a little impatient. They ingested the material around 6pm and as not much was happening by 8pm they decided to take some *excellent* lsd and mdma and smoke a little dope and well, not much can be said about the experience except that the visuals were extremely vivid and not typical lsd type visuals. They are not sure whether it was the mdma or the dope or the cactus but, well you can imagine i'm sure. One thing that stood out was the ceiling that the chandeliers were hanging from (lying on their back on the beach, stars were the lights, ceiling was behind the lights) ceiling had some very interesting designs, gargoyles hand carved smooth wood texture deep red / brown in colour, hmmm... plus a LOT of other stuff going on. Maybe next time they will be a little more patient to experience just the cactus but at least here's a decent guide on perparing one

:puke:

Edited by Sphinx

i always assumed water and a pot would be part of the process.... i must have been mistaken.... oh.... I see I have jumped the gun..

Patience my friend :wink:

Edit; HAHAHA :lol:

Edited by Sphinx

Patience my friend :wink:

Edit; HAHAHA :lol:

how long do you think this would keep in fridge for before losing activity/ going rancid? could it be frozen ok?

Edited by shroomytoonos

how long do you think this would keep in fridge for before losing activity/ going rancid? could it be frozen ok?

Well this guy who is a friend of some dude i don't really know :wink: froze it for about a week before they had it. The plan was to have it the day it was made but it took way too long to prepare, and was intended for day tripping. Afaik mescaline is one of the most stable psychoactive compounds around, i'd suggest that the preparation could be stored indefinitely if kept frozen

Cool Sphinx :lol:

I've been wondering how this is done for the last couple of weeks now.

Pics and everything, nice!

Cross between snot and cum eh... errr... sounds delicious... :huh::puke:

Maybe my GF would like it more :)

Cross between snot and cum eh... errr... sounds delicious... :huh::puke:

Maybe my GF would like it more :)

your gf eats snot? that is disgusting!!

first of all that is an ingenius way that your foaf peels the cactus. But ive always wondered why people peel the cactus at all. :unsure:

Is it traditionaly peeled?

most foafs ive spoken to recon that they just boil the whole cactus except the spikes. Or if drying the cactus they dry the skin too.

first of all that is an ingenius way that your foaf peels the cactus. But ive always wondered why people peel the cactus at all. :unsure:

Is it traditionaly peeled?

most foafs ive spoken to recon that they just boil the whole cactus except the spikes. Or if drying the cactus they dry the skin too.

Cheers, afaik the majority of the mescaline is concentrated in the dark green flesh just under the skin, if boiling cactus chunks as done here then that skin must be peeled to expose the alkaloid rich part of the cactus flesh. If the entire cactus is just to be blended then enough surface area of the alkaloid rich area would be exposed so you wouldn't need to peel. I have heard that something in the white core will cause nausea so its best avoided - so perhaps just blending the sticks from the third picture and cooking is enough... hmm that would save a LOT of time (not to mention very painful skin under fingernail bit :o )

I've seen traditional methods to thinly cut cross sections of the cactus resulting in many many stars, if these are used then again probably enough of the alkaloid rich surface area will be exposed so peeling probably isn't necessary in this case

So did u peel the skin off the chunks to reveal the alkaloids instead of blending and then used the skin as well as the flesh in the boil?

So did u peel the skin off the chunks to reveal the alkaloids instead of blending and then used the skin as well as the flesh in the boil?

Yes my foaf did exactly that..

Umm you think just blend?

Blending would expose more flesh and make the extraction quicker I suppose. Less boiling might mean more alkaloids as well. Be a bastard to filter though :unsure:

Excluding mesc, how heat stable are the other alkaloids, does anyone know?

Imo it wouldnt matter if it were de-skinned, if your boiling for a hours on end you should get most of the goodies out anyway, blending it certainly makes it harder to down.. My friend told me that if he cooks he de-spines it, then cuts like above and then boils, boils boils..

Re: white stuff..have heard that this is the part that sickness comes from, not sure if its true though..

ok here is what i think.

no need to skin the cactus waste of time doesnt make any difference.

remove spines that is important

do at least 3 or 4 washes.

do not blend as it may mean you can do a quicker extraction but if you are going to drink it you will be left with a product that isnt that good as the amount of plant material in the end product will be great, even after straining and straingin will be harder

cook each extraction for about 1-2 hours.

never really need to boil hard. just a light boil will do

when reducing do it slowly low simmer

that is my 2 dollars worth

also i like the smell of cactus cooking

gets better everytime i smell it

Edited by hebrew

U have to use THAT much plant for just a drink for 2 people???

Glaciers grow faster than these babies.

They say gardening is good 4 u, i hope it prolongs your life so u can see your babies growed up to that size.

I'll need at least another 40 or 50 years at this rate.

best method IMHO and experience. always blend or mash it up (boil em'mash em' stick em in a stew) strong filter tho when it comes to plant matter it depends on ones own tastes. one needs to work with the cacti directly find find their own best method, it makes all the difference when the bind is there.

gotta love that smell while brewing, reminds me of apples.

Edited by Amulte

They say gardening is good 4 u, i hope it prolongs your life so u can see your babies growed up to that size.

You have to look at the bigger picture.

If humans were meant to imbibe copious amounts of cactus juice the cacti would be much faster in their growing habits and contain alot more alkaloids. It is good for gnomes to have the tea ONLY when there is enough and the Earth allows for them to partake in the sacred event by providing.

A gnome's liver is a fragile thing as is the mind.

A foaf of mine thinks that the tea is too bitter to notice any spermatoza type taste [and would disagree with this theorum anyway].

:)

You have to look at the bigger picture.

If humans were meant to imbibe copious amounts of cactus juice the cacti would be much faster in their growing habits and contain alot more alkaloids. It is good for gnomes to have the tea ONLY when there is enough and the Earth allows for them to partake in the sacred event by providing.

A gnome's liver is a fragile thing as is the mind.

A foaf of mine thinks that the tea is too bitter to notice any spermatoza type taste [and would disagree with this theorum anyway].

how is cacti tea on your liver? as far as damage?

Any consumption of alkaloids isn't going to be good for the liver, I think with moderation there should be no problems for a gnome. Though this was kind of the point of my other post.

A well cared-for mature San Pedro can put on 30cm growth per year. That's a drink.

How many plants are you willing to grow? How much work are you willing to put in? It is easily feasible to have enough cactus to have a cup a week if you want to invest the time and effort. And in much less than 40-50 years.

The glaciers ain't growin no more buddy :P

Like anything worth doing in life, you only get back what you put in.

post-1438-1173870885_thumb.jpg

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...amp;hl=property

If humans were meant to imbibe copious amounts of cactus juice the cacti would be much faster in their growing habits and contain alot more alkaloids.

Is that creationism I smell? :innocent_n:

Is that creationism I smell? :innocent_n:

If you are implying that I am in some way affliated with a christian set of religious beliefs MORG I will have to state now emphatically that I am not. I have my own beliefs from my own experiences and DO NOT believe in a so called God. The plants are the healers and the teachers and I respect them as such. Abusing the gift/sacrament that they provide is against my beliefs, they should be used only as a vehicle of knowledge and understanding. Not in a recreational sense.

However these are just my beliefs and opinions and would not like to push these beliefs and opinions on anyone who do not wish to live by them.

Thanks. :)

That was a bit tongue in cheek :)

I just wanted to point out the anthropocentric nature of your comment.