The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Sydney Meet

AWESOME! look forward to seeing you there ace!

i remember that one benz, think i left my girl at home for that one but remember i didnt get home till about 3 or 4 am lol

looks like this one is shaping up to be a big one, somone call Wandjina for me (i lost her number again, like everyone elses) cuz i have to say it would be delightful if she could make it too.

HEY is Bacchy still in town? maybe call him too (another number ive lost)

about me loosing phone numbers, i ditched the mobile deal near 8 months ago and have trouble keeping tiny bits of paper LOL

Before I had a mobile, I had an A4 sheet of paper folded in my wallet with phone numbers.

Just make sure you keep a master copy of said list, or losing your wallet is like losing your mobile.

I don't have Wandjina's number either, as I lost my phone. :lol:

But Apo will help out there I'm sure. I sent him a PM. :wink:

yay! i think i can make the 7th. :lol:

so SRBG at midday is it??

x peace

Definitely the 7th, midday, but where should we meet?

Traditionally it's the Giant Chessboard in whatever park that is, but it's not shown in most street directories.

Is there a location just outside the Botanical Gardens that works well for the people planning to attend? I'm not fussy....

Edited by Benzito

Am not sure where that chessboard is??? Hmm...WEll people it's next week so we better decide soon I am thinking.

:rolleyes:

Edited by tonic

hyde park

BUMP - also, some shit happening here locally that makes me inclined to avoid public transport of late, of if ANYONEcould take us offering petrol money in exchange for a two way lift? would be GREATLY appreciated having missed SOO many meets, especially after we became engaged ;)

main concern is the trip home, we would end up in wrng end of town in wrong time of night on way back, so even a one way life after the meet would be great. were willing to pay double petrol, within reason, if a lift can be offered as both of us REALLY do want to get to this one. im not saying we or i cant make it, but right now, too much shit with local gangs atm best to avoid late night public transport.

im trying not to ramble but the shit around here right now, many people round here are not leaving homewithout protection of one sort or another,as futile as it would be against 10 dudes they still have spent a bit on protection. personally i have just avoided 'those' parts of town, but of late and with past experiences inconjuction to witnessing a few things in the past, and again tonight... its best avoided.

i used to think sydney was risky, but of late round here has been shitloads worse.

suggestions please? anyone? could maybe we crash a night at somones so we travel back home durng day even? daytime is safe, but of late and in areas of train statin and at them round here not safe enough for night travel.

both my girl and i have missed SOOOO many meets of late and really regret it. inlight of events locally we regret it more so, LOL im begging LOL

LOl sorry for the dribble all LOL got a bit off topic there LOL

hey amulte i'll see what i can do...

am with a parental unit of sorts so if fold out couch is not an option you could certainly kip on some cushions on my floor or i will and u can take bed perhaps...:unsure:

not 100% of my attendence but is at about 80% at present

x peace man

Edited by husk

Hopefully I can make it as well - 7th sounds fine.

It's been a while and it'd be good to catch up.

Sounds like there's a few noobs coming, wouldn't mind if another joins in would you?

Would be nice to meet some like minded people for a change!

Aya

whenever its on, ill make myself available.

see you crazy fools then

It's possible I may be able to drop in for a bit, if you guys don't mind a new kid coming along...

As long as don't sing 'hangin' tough' all should be fine. I know, I know incredibly crap joke! :wacko: but yeah...

I am sure you are most welcome to come along.

:)

Sorry guys and gals, looks like I'm doing a south coast family catchup this weekend - i didnt realise it was easter already!! Not sure if anyone noticed that when setting the date :P

I'll have to give this one a miss, but I really hope I can make it to the next meet. Perhaps I should organise a Canberra meet and a few of you folks could road trip down here? :)

yup all noobs are more then welcomed and are encoraged to join.

thanks too ALL for the PM's and to Husk for the most generous offer, but i am sad to say ive been sick of late.....(sigh) as fucking usual. so right now looks we cant make it.

I have a dream that one day the sydney meet will be held in the Central coast....tho we need a khat, ephedra and pituri plants groing nearby ;) LOL

im chewing garlic cloves to try and kick this before this weekend so i might still make it but reguardless will post here the day before to let know. im really grrr about this. not the 1st time ive not been able to make it, and its a fucking AWESOME day out with everyone.

all noobs should get there. and if it wasnt for the meets id never have gotten past my social anxiety enough to attend camps, which are even better. i know alot of people dont attent out of shear paranoia or anxiety, but just force yourself knowing you can leave anytme you like and all will be well. fucking awesome people, terrific day in the gardens, really worth the worry, after 30 mins of listening and then working up to discussion youll hopfully find yourself wanting to attend all of em and kicking yourself for the ones you missed LOL. hehe i remember my 1st sydney meet, i was accually a little frightened of meeting apoth cuz we'd had a few run ins ROFLMAO. it may seam daunting at 1st but is worth it.

but gotta say, it was MOST kinda for your offer Husk, im certain we have never met but your still kind hearted enough to offer, that a rare thing, thanks again brother ;) and reguardless of parents, provided theres no underage people in the house (i got a mouth like a sailor at times) i will take you up on that offer one day LOL if it still stand at the time its needed that is LOL, thanks again and again, even tho im not accepting it this time. im still rather.....impressed that people are still willing to allow a stranger a place to stay.

but yes ill cut the dribble, much much MUCH love to all in attendance and those who looked at attending. if i cant make it i want pics LOL

hehe ALSO, if anyone remembers my favorite SRBG quid, make some and pass it out for me ;)

I really hope you can make it Amulte. Was looking forward to meeting you.

If not, maybe we should organise a small gathering for the Central Coast before it gets too cold, I am up towards that way too and I know there is also a few others up the coast.

I don't know if you think it's a good idea or not, I'd say there'd be a few Northernites who may be keen to traverse the coastal shores for a smaller meet too.

Let me know what you think.

....and anyone else who is keen too.

See you all Saturday.

P.s. Sida rhomibifolia is great for nasal conjestion

Edited by tonic

Amulte, it sucks you can't make it.

You would be welcome to crash at my place, but I'm going out for some urban exploration after the meet, and then prolly crashing at my mates' place that night.

So, who is coming? :lol:

Why don't we just meet at Martin Place? Get out of the station, you will be in Martin Place, a large paved area with fountains, etc. Walk up-hill to the street at the top, Sydney Hospital a huge sandstone building, will be on the other side of the road. We will meet just out the front of the hospital. Can't miss it.

Call or SMS me on -number removed- on the day.

Edited by Benzito

I will be there Benzito, am meeting someone beforehand at Hyde Park, so will be in the area. If I don't make it to the initial meet spot on time will wander down to the gardens and give you a text to see where you all are, sound OK?

What happened to meeting in Hyde Park anyways?

Edit: Probably can't stay for ages, but a good few hours hopefully, get to meet a few of you properly though and have a chat or two.

Edited by tonic

Man it sucks that I can't make it - I'll only be in The Rocks aswell. Got a big boozy easter lunch on with some friends, so it should be a good day regardless.

It's just unfortunate I won't have the time to pop over and say g'day to you fellas! Next time definately.

I gotta go to a birthday party the night before and the chances are I will be hungover\comingdownlikeamuthafuckafromevilamines so basically if I can get a lift to the station in the morning I shall go if I'm not feeling too under the weather - and speaking of weather, I'm also definitely dogging it if the weather is shit.

Any thoughts on the small central coast meet I mentioned in an earlier post -=IndigoSunrise=-?

Sorry to report that the Ephedra major has undergone severe pruning (it's so tiny under all that foliage!) and so has the Catha edulis. Khat's powering with heaps of new growth nonetheless.

ALL the brugs are beautiful and in flower (I've counted 3 species) and I found a large flowering datura recently too.

Hmmm @ the rain, hope it's a bit finer for the 7th.

:rolleyes:

It will be a great day! :lol:

come one come all! Free giveaways.