The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
psycho0

borage seeds

is it too late to start some borage seeds?

:huh: Edited by Rev

never too late/early for this one psycho0... grows like a weed..even in your parts. i got them evry where. even in the neighbours yard.. self seeds something chronic...

u make a nice tea w/ this & some basil. but u gotta use em fresh.

works thru the kidneys, skin and heart to support energy by maintaining good circulation thru these organs.. noticeable boost in energy after a cuppa this stuff..can last the remainder of the day.

good @ nite if u want to stay withit

thanx for the info mulch. i heard that borage tea also helps the lungs, is this true? so the dried herb would be no good then?

sorry.. no one needs to know this much about borage really, but...

yeah, it's trad. used for coughs and throats.

1600's euro popular to relieve boredom, dispell melancholy.

adrenal tonic..

borage's medicinal effects can be traced to its rich stores of gamma linolenic acid (GLA)an omega-6 fatty acid..

boring, but...

borage leaves and flowers contain substances (pyrrolizidine alkaloids) which could, in theory, cause harm if ingested over long enough periods of time. amabiline has been shown in very high doses to damage the liver...but you'd need to eat hundreds of kilos..

i never use it dried

fresh is best ...so cool and soothing!

tea in the mid morning...

grow them seeds!

sorry for the rant.

C'man mulch- a rant? You can do better than that, surely? :)

Years ago I found borage tea to be another one-a them really uplifting beverage type things. Sometimes the way books frame their words sounds offputting, I wouldn't have considered myself actually depressed at the time when I took it - I also read about it in terms similar to 'dispelling melancholy'- though I really enjoyed the slightly euphoric feeling I got from the tea. Framing something negatively, as is oftn the case with many textbooks, can give a completely different overview. Mind you its one of the heritages of Western medicine that many things are still described in terms of illness rather than wellness ( perhaps not overall a bad thing but needs to be kept in mind when researching )

Am I making any sense yet?

Actually found the tea was better for PMT than Evening Primrose tablets or tea, so I can't put all the effects down to GLA. Pity the stuff tastes like cabbage piss, or I'd try it again

"melancholic" culpepers language...16thC.

that recipe w/ basil came from a book i've read called "Dorothy Hall's herbal tea book" or something like that.. 1970's

interestingly one of the few books i've ever seen from that era to give good info of I. paraguayensis...

cabbage piss? cucumbers?

you are making sense darklight. :)

thanx for all the info, never too much info, i like to learn all i can.

i haven't actually got around to planting them yet, i know i'm slack but i will very soon.

is one of borages properties to, can't think of the word:(, make the lungs bigger in size?

thanx