The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
XipeTotec

Entheozoology. Entheogen containing animals

I think it was last year there were reports in papers & on radio of inmates in the golden quail (grafton gaol) milking red back spiders & shooting up the venom but it always sounded highly dubious.

BBB did sell the sonoran desert toads in breeding pairs, i think a small electrical stimulation stimulates venom & has little effect on the toads.

Frogs and toads, in general are species being pushed to the brink of extinction, while I dont believe any wild animal should be in captivity, captive populations may evantualy be the only way these species will survive.

I think it was last year there were reports in papers & on radio of inmates in the golden quail (grafton gaol) milking red back spiders & shooting up the venom but it always sounded highly dubious.

BBB did sell the sonoran desert toads in breeding pairs, i think a small electrical stimulation stimulates venom & has little effect on the toads.

Frogs and toads, in general are species being pushed to the brink of extinction, while I dont believe any wild animal should be in captivity, captive populations may evantualy be the only way these species will survive.

what is BBB?

That'd be Bouncing Bear Botanicals :P Try a google search on em - shop similar to SAB :) Please tell me you know that one, champ lol :wink:

WTF?!?! Redbacks? Surely this is a method to get them to hospital - not to enjoy! :blink::unsure:

I am seriously considering building a little frog safe haven in my backyard, incorporating a nice water feature/pond with plenty of ethno waterplants... Amphibians need our help! Well, prolly not so much the cane toad - seems they got the better of us lol

WTF were my sentiments as well ace

My grandfather worked on the sydney waterboards & was bitten by a red back didnt go to a quack (as he called them) was sick for a week but went back to work the next week, I would advise anyone bitten by a spider go to hospital.

ur frog sanctuary is a great idea i think u may have to make it cat proof though, there is a pond down the road from me and ive seen a few dead frogs right near it, I think the work of cats.

Thanks for the tip shruman - I might have to throw up a large cage or somthing around it - I think our neighbours cat recently had a litter... Already spotted a couple different cats in our backyard :unsure: I will definately keep this in mind!

The female redback is the potential fatal one, the male is much less toxic. maybe there-in lies the answer. "The female of the species is far deadlier than the male"

And it would be good if BBB could import the B.alviruas into Au(im assuming they cant), ive been wanting a pair for years now. i woner where the law stands on them in Au. i mean 5-meo is illegal but plants that produce it are not illegal for ornamentals, the toads the same?

I sent BBB an email & they said they wouldnt :( , I think customs & they might not survive were the reasons given.

yeah, I tried to milk cane toads once, but couldn't find the nipples.

toads don't have nipples.

They have glands at the back of the neck, or rather "shoulders".

You can squirt the stuff out from there.

But beware, it may have some pleasant effect on you but is toxic.

Edited by gomaos

yeah, I tried to milk cane toads once, but couldn't find the nipples.

ROFLMAO, think he was jokin with that brother Gom, well i hope he was LOL. but yeah, to milk a cane toad go for the udder

Heres a curious yet irrelivant fact some of us found out last year, toads absorb ether through the skin and it lowers their motor skills for about 5 mins. makes em easier to catch we found ;)

Edited by Amulte

Haha - I wasnt too sure if everyone would catch that Joke about the nipples :P

On the topic, did you know that frogs/toads (at least some of them) dont drink water? They actually absorb it thru their skin. Its quite cool to watch - one doco showed a desert toad pull up to a large puddle and you could see it use capillary action to absorb the water from its feet up over its entire body - even its head. Just amazing! Sorry, no idea what the doco/frogs names were - twas at least a few months back I think...

I think the sea is where the most amazing compounds are yet to be found... So many colours and hundreds of thousands of different species in coral reefs - then you've got the deep sea dwellers - so many things still yet to be discovered! Unfortunately I dont think corals are the most efficient sources for these... perticularly with the whole global warming problem... :(

Im sure the sea will prove to be a major area of discovering new medicines.

Isnt it said that modern man has explored more of space than the oceans of the world?

Yeah ive heard something like that but thought it was we know more about space then we do about the oceans

I think the sea is where the most amazing compounds are yet to be found... So many colours and hundreds of thousands of different species in coral reefs - then you've got the deep sea dwellers - so many things still yet to be discovered! Unfortunately I dont think corals are the most efficient sources for these... perticularly with the whole global warming problem... :(

the problem is, it is a big search. Most western plant isolated medicines have been discovered due to traditional aboriginal use... giving the researcher a nudge in the right direction as far as what to look for... it really is a needle in a haystack once you start to isolate alkaloids. There are exceptions ofcourse.

antoher area of interest which doesnt have much info surrounding it is lichens, and there possible uses as foods, medicines and ofcourse entheogens... I havnt heard of any lichen based entheogen... although I have heard reports of clubmoss, although I am not sure how well documented... its of the topic, but has anyone heard of this?

No friggin BUFO in this country please. DO u really want another cane toad on ur hands? Very soon, severla monitor species will be extict from Bufo predation. It only takes 7min for the poison to kill a full grown croc. There fucking our environment and ecosystem. Major repercussions will be noticed soon as the food chain reworks itself.

Apparently alot of corals contain DMT, but they are rather rare too and better left where they are IMO.

No friggin BUFO in this country please. DO u really want another cane toad on ur hands? Very soon, severla monitor species will be extict from Bufo predation. It only takes 7min for the poison to kill a full grown croc. There fucking our environment and ecosystem. Major repercussions will be noticed soon as the food chain reworks itself.

Apparently alot of corals contain DMT, but they are rather rare too and better left where they are IMO.

yeah, i hear the 17 inch and 19 inch LCD are very close to extinction. 7 mins to kill a croc, thats pretty lame, paul hogan did it in like 30 seconds.

Edited by shroomytoonos

yeah, i hear the 17 inch and 19 inch LCD are very close to extinction. 7 mins to kill a croc, thats pretty lame, paul hogan did it in like 30 seconds.

ROFLMAO :P:worship: