The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Conan Troutman

Conans garden

I got the same prob - maybe re-check the link?

Thanks Conan :)

Is that who I think it is? Nice lophs too :)

Nice!

Yes Ace it is.

I like the caapi :)

cheers,

caapi is potted so it can be over wintered properly this year , just made it through the last one with a single leaf, 3months later it is has climbed its way to the top of an 8ft camelia.

Im curious how far south people are growing the vine?

Man I love your A.colubrina - Mine has started losing its leaves - No idea why!

:worship:

Nice!

Yes Ace it is.

I like the caapi :)

Yeah she is a nice girl, wonder how many annoying pm requests u will get for cuttings?, conan expect a pm :P

Im curious how far south people are growing the vine?

i'm a little north of sydney, and no problems leaving her outside during winter. she keeps growing thru the cooler weather. nowhere near as far south as you tho.

a little off topic: i was a bit puzzled with the slow growth rate at the beginning of spring this year, she's in the ground and only got rain water since she never looked like needing extra. then i gave her a good soaking over a few days, and now she's taking over! couldn't believe just how fast she took off. water water water people!

i'm a little north of sydney, and no problems leaving her outside during winter. she keeps growing thru the cooler weather. nowhere near as far south as you tho.

a little off topic: i was a bit puzzled with the slow growth rate at the beginning of spring this year, she's in the ground and only got rain water since she never looked like needing extra. then i gave her a good soaking over a few days, and now she's taking over! couldn't believe just how fast she took off. water water water people!

Yeah they can be watered every day really.

I know of people growing them as south as Adelaide?

Same thing happened with mine in Sydney, Alice... She grows 5cm+ per day on numerous stems/vines!

Im a bit further south than adelaide, any caapi in southern vic or tassie?

Can be watered most everyday as apoth said and i also find it likes to be fed regulary.

Klue: Make sure your colubrina is getting plenty of sun and be sure to let the soil dry out between waterings.

Klue: Make sure your colubrina is getting plenty of sun and be sure to let the soil dry out between waterings.

I keep my colubrina in mostly shade and always moist? And it's powering!

I keep my colubrina in mostly shade and always moist? And it's powering!

colubrina is very tough and obiviously quite adaptable. :P

Im a bit further south than adelaide, any caapi in southern vic or tassie?

Hi Conan,

I'm in Tas and I don't know of any caapi growing here.

If anyone in tas does happen to have some growing i would LOVE a cutting. Please :innocent_n:

Cheers, Obtuse.