The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
komodo

Original Music

for audio creatives who want to share their stuff here :lol:

to get the ball rolling, i have a few idea clips and mashups from live sessions here:

http://www.myspace.com/agamid

will update frequently, might even post a draft track up, if i ever get round to sequencing one!

Edited by komodo

Sounds pretty good mate - is that your own sampling and sequencing?

thanks mate :wink:

and yeah those clips are each one session on ableton live... beats are made using the reason drum machine with lots of processing, the extra breaks and samples are added in live, with lots of fx. i'm quite lazy so i dont often come back and work on things, but intend to do more of that this year

Edited by komodo

Expect me to throw plenty of stuff this way. And if the opposite happens to be true, whip my ass for it

Friday No Lunch fits perfect with my profile, Iv added it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice stuff

haha thanks tepa. if i get round to it i'll post up a better version for you :)

some nice epic shredding there!

Edited by komodo

new mashup with some guest vocals at:

http://www.myspace.com/agamid

anyone here done any remote collaboration/remixing over the internet before? could be interesting..

Edited by komodo

I was thinking about proposing that a while back, what shits me is the smoothing out once the intitial creativity has taken place, I reckon swapping files when you have it to a point where it's all structured and it just needs smoothing out would be an awesome idea.

I get sick of working on the same song for too long i.e. trying getting it to sound like you here it in your head, two heads are always better than one, I reckon you'd get more stuff finished if you swapped it just when it starts becoming a pain in the arse.

There a few bits of a band i play in here

www.myspace.com/lexcoschi

www.myspace.com/bluepanther

how do you upload trax to myspace? i can only find an option to play other myspace trax on my profile.

you have to put it up somewhere else huh? can somebody roughly explain the process.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I'll try upload a version without the guitars for the doofdoofites later.

not that i didn't enjoy the guitar but it's hard to hear the stuff underneath.

plus nobody has explained how to put music on myspace.. i might need to find out by myself....

Oi! the slackness is waning alright?! :P

But seriously, i've been workin on heaps of tracks though, mostly electronic stuff with a few heavy metal songs here and there.

Writing electronic music, specifically psytrance, is damn hard work IMO. Its easy to just pick up my guitar and start stuffin around with a few scales as a basis for a piece of work, but with electronic stuff there's no traditional framework - the possibilities are startlingly limitless! Which is also why its so fuckin good to be writing this kind of music too, and why it attracts me to it. But from all the crazy noises/effects/beats that are available to you, one has to sort of 'define their sound,' and i dont just mean sticking to 140bpm hard indoor psy for the rest of your life, what i'm referring to is that particular touch that you add to each of your pieces of work regardless of whether you're writing a psy or hard house track or watever. And thats what i've been workin on lately.

So the slackness is definitely out the window. There's motivation and inspiration abound, and I've found myself receptive to it lately, which is fuckin awesome. There's nothing worse than finding yourself trying to slog through the rest of a track, trying to 'make it work'. I'm defining the scope of my sound and things are slowly but surely starting to come together for me.

Maybe within the next couple of months you'll see some tracks comin from my way. We'll see :)

Edited by mu.

I dmt use myspace but I was under the impression u cant upload to myspace, only link files?

Mu - all musical processes can be hard or easy - i personally like the organic relationship of 'playing' a well made instrument - its not work for me its fun!

komodo, have you ever used the free Glitch vst in conjunction with Ableton Live? Its available here... http://illformed.org/glitch/

"Writing electronic music, specifically psytrance, is damn hard work IMO. Its easy to just pick up my guitar and start stuffin around with a few scales as a basis for a piece of work, but with electronic stuff there's no traditional framework - the possibilities are startlingly limitless! Which is also why its so fuckin good to be writing this kind of music too, and why it attracts me to it."

you said it man. on the one hand i'd like to try writing psytrance, but on the other hand it's such a daunting undertaking. thinking about some of the possibilities literally blows ones mind.

something that's been going through my head recently is that "ordinary" music (which i love) works a lot with emotions, whereas psytrance with it's many dynamics and looser boundaries is operating mostly in the mental realm. it wouldn't be psychadelic if it wasn't.

i don't find the sequencing part to be so daunting, it's all of the other production stuff.. how can someone expect to catch up to the current standard when they've spent their musical life ignoring anything to do with production?

Not sure if anyone mentioned it before me, but you can upload up to four tracks to your myspace site. It has to be a music myspace though.

Also I'm keen to do some internet collabs, I've done it a few times and it's pretty fun. So if anyone is keen to send me some files I am keen to have a play with them, just shoot me a pm and we can work something out.

My style/sound pretty much encompasses electro-minimal-techno[tech]-breaks-acid-ambient -experimental and other sounds too. Love to hear from some of you guys and get a few tracks happening etc.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

have you ever used the free Glitch vst in conjunction with Ableton Live? Its available here...

I have, though I have not used it much yet, sounds pretty freaky though. I like it.

thanks phos

what is a music myspace? can i turn my account into one?

No you can't change it. Ok so go to this address:

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseactio...f2-4e2caccf9436

...on the far left hand side, in the maroon strip you should see 'artist signup' click that link and that's how you sign up for the music myspace. Pretty sure you need a different email address than your other sign in but don't quote me on that. I have two myspace accounts aswell, thought hey are both on different email accounts.

Hope that helps.

PS: What sort of music are you producing? Want to do a collab?

nice of you to ask but i'm completely new to writing electro, and don't have any room to plug my keyboard in, so i don't plan on taking it any further for a while. you can play with my first song if you want.. do you use cubase?