The Corroboree
hardtimes

i know this is naughty, but.....

a girl!!! they will all love you now hard times!!!!I also think that some here are being a bit harsh, everyone is a noob at some stage(usually at the beginning). good luck in you quest...

I also think that some here are being a bit harsh, everyone is a noob at some stage(usually at the beginning). good luck in you quest...

thank you shroom

WOH! talk about a mob mentality. yes the elluding to drinking poppie tea could have been left out(tho not incriminating), but instead of everyone jumping on and starting a beat down try sending a PM to the 'noob' and explaining the situation instead of making a public spectical, its much more helpful to EVERYONE.

thankyou Amulte

my apologies hardtimes for making you feel uncomfortable.

here is a tip for you

in your local city somewhere there should be a middle eastern grocer or something like that and there you will find poppy seeds you can buy in any quantity.

thank you and accepted hebrew. re the grocer - have had a look over last few weeks and am spending too much time and money for no good effect. so i wondered if someone could give me directions to a shop i could drive to, soonish

hardtimes: i think you're being hypersensitive. we're not ganging up on you, but for your own sake you could be more subtle. you could have just as easily asked about getting poppy seeds with high morphine content without implying that you were intending to use them for any dubious reasons. choose your words carefully is all.

good info twix, and i wish i had used that very phrase. "it is succinct."

Try Coles for a start.......

Thank you for the thought, AndyAmine. but they have gone wrong. no content at all with a bad burnt look to them.

my usual source - coles - is off. it's hot in bris and i have been driving around like an epileptic chicken on meth looking for a nice shop - but all i got is a full bladder.

but the people who stood up for me have given me an even better feeling - thanks so much. support is sooooo..............ummm..........supportive??

cheers

and, while i am making my acceptance speech - i will also say thankyou to the other people who have come along and been nice to me.

also, i'd like to thank my pharmacist, my doctor, my paedophile, my abusive-exes, my parents, my teachers. you have all made me what i am today. without you i could have been successful, happy and comfortable.

Edited by hardtimes

Hi Hardtimes,

I currently have small amount of p som seed on the free ethnos thread. So grab them grow them & no other members can hassle u. But as suggested above look in herb shops or even health food shops.

Pm me if u would like to trade something for a larger quantity for growing have 2 dif types.

if i may i see a problem here with your need for poppy seeds. if you are in need of the poppy seeds you may be entering into a path of addiction. i really dont know your circumstances but having been through this myself i can say that drinking poppy seeds regulary will get the taste for it and can become habit forming, i knew one guy many years ago who drank poppy seed tea everyday, he was not in a good way and the funny thing is that his skin sort of went a pale color, similar to the poppy wash.

his backyard was great in summer when all the seeds had grown in the backyard.

just a thought, would hate for you to develop a greater need for them.

if i may i see a problem here with your need for poppy seeds. if you are in need of the poppy seeds you may be entering into a path of addiction. i really dont know your circumstances but having been through this myself i can say that drinking poppy seeds regulary will get the taste for it and can become habit forming, i knew one guy many years ago who drank poppy seed tea everyday, he was not in a good way and the funny thing is that his skin sort of went a pale color, similar to the poppy wash.

his backyard was great in summer when all the seeds had grown in the backyard.

just a thought, would hate for you to develop a greater need for them.

and the funny thing is that his skin sort of went a pale color, similar to the poppy wash.
eewwww - did he smell like it, too?

i have been along other nasty roads, in the past. all i have been looking to do is have something inexpesive when things get too much. it was once a week. and is now about twice a week. but i do look forward to it. very much so. i dont hang out in between, but i know what you are saying. and thanks.

today was annoying, because I had money, and opportunity, and I wasted $30 on crap. i suppose i was being petulant.

i dont know how i'd go with the growing and the cutting etc. i am more of a "bring it to me when it's ready" type girl. and also a "don't take too bloody long about it, either" type girl. so i cant see horticulture as my dream position.

all i want is a supply in a nice, close-by shop.the shop doesnt have to be pretty. it could be like an apothecary - dusty, with mysterious bottles and lots of drawers. and a chinese man with a long pointy white beard.

if you're having no luck w/poppy seeds you could always try a cold water extraction on some neurofen +

Hi Guys, ....and Girls

one year ago we had many discussions about the poppy tea in the german news. The Yellow Press made a big annual abuse thing out of it but meanwhile everything has calmed down again pretty much.

I´m not 100 sure but as far as i know, a liquid poppy seed extract is illegal in Germany. Actually this makes few sense as they seem to be legal to eat and for baking pies and stuff. I´m happy that you still have some legal loopholes in Australia. Around here, you can buy some seeds at organic stores but they don´t carry large stocks and they probably won´t be willing to sell them at higher quantities at once. But this surely depends on the sellers. The seeds are sold out most of the time so they can´t be very choosy about their buyers. I´ve heard from people who have to visit a few diffrent shops once a week to get enough for their purposes. Whatever this might be...lol. If you don´t care about the organic factor, you could also check out some supermarkets. I don´t think there is a big difference in the Treatment of organic and non organic poppy seeds so it probably won´t hurt to buy them at a normal store. In germany this plant still has some weed potential and it grows in many gardens. Because of that i doubt that the use of pesticides is a common procedure in the commercial growing of papaver somniferum. But who knows.

bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

GreenOsiris I'm not sure if it was intentional but I love the somewhat hidden things in your posts like little word jokes :) Things like whether anyone would take a punt or the quip about YOUR box but hey I might just be reading a little too freely.

FINALLY a man who understands me ! Will you host my love child, sob?

But Im really only posting again in the hope that I can draw out another one of Apothecary's grandma-chastisms.

things must be different in other states because coles definately isnt my supermarket of choice in WA. sadly my favorite seed to eat is no longer appealing to me. batch number ending in 33 that has just come out dont have their usual deliscious flavor. but you can tell that just by looking at their colour and flow characteristics. i hope that it isn't going to be a perminant thing.

i hope that it isn't going to be a perminant thing.

It would seem that the more obvious internet activity happens in regards to this practice, the more likely that there will be a cplamp down on processing etc and that this low potency seed will become a permanent thing.

So, on one hand it is bad because it will be harder to find good seed, and on the other hand it will be good because it will be harder to find good seed. ie, the balance between availability and abuse is restored.

I guess people should then understand then perhaps why some people report no effects from poppy seeds and all the arguments that say that they do work are actually counterproductive and self defeating.

Whether they work or not they're too much trouble and unreliable to ever become a big thing.

Oh and they don't work....

i hope that it isn't going to be a perminant thing.
i posted this before, but it seems a few missed it.....the cat is well & truely out ov the bag...

Federal Institute of Risk Assessment (Dutch)

analyses have revealed that the morphine levels in edible poppy seeds vary considerably and have obviously increased in recent years.
Possible causes under discussion are recently introduced harvesting methods in which the capsules are squashed and the milky sap released could contaminate the seeds.
It is clear that highly contaminated poppy seeds are dangerous and not suited for placement on the market or consumption.
The Federal Institute for Risk Assessment calls on manufacturers to do everything in their power to reduce the levels of all pharmacological active opium alkaloids to the technologically feasible minimum level.
European Food Safety Advisory
The possible causes of high opiate levels sometimes found in poppy seeds include the use

of less appropriate botanical varieties and an unfavorable time of harvesting as well as

certain geographical origins. It has been assumed that the elevated morphine levels presently

found in poppy seeds are to be attributed to newly introduced mechanical harvesting

techniques.

On the internet, instructions are available for illicit extraction of opium alkaloids from blue

poppy seeds commercially available in Germany by means of citric acid. On such websites,

there have also been reports stating that effects typical of morphine, such as euphoria,

sedation and gastrointestinal complaints were observed after the consumption of such

extracts.

Another basic problem seems to consist in the contamination of poppy seeds with capsule fragments and latex both containing alkaloids. Thus, morphine levels could be drastically reduced by

washing of the seeds.

i dont know how i'd go with the growing and the cutting etc. i am more of a "bring it to me when it's ready" type girl. and also a "don't take too bloody long about it, either" type girl. so i cant see horticulture as my dream position.

Um, well in light of everyones input weather it be support or dismay, I find the above statment most unsettling. :BANGHEAD2:

yep i am with you on that one blackdragon

there is somethign about this post that makes me think trouble.

but i spose sometimes people need to find out the hard way.

Um, well in light of everyones input weather it be support or dismay, I find the above statment most unsettling.

first off: that statement is a joke, aka, a light hearted attempt at self-deprecation referencing my bombastic style made evident by my blundering posts, combined with a pinch of awareness in regard to the belief women wish to be treated like a princess.

perhaps you could research the word "joke" at wikipedia. it has nice, clear straightforward explanations - should be no confusion for you.

now secondly: do we know whether the wether can withstand the weather.......?

On to the fourth item on the agenda: "something about my post which causes you to believe something wicked this way comes."

I think the only relevant words I can say here are "What The Fuck?"

Followed closely by a definitive: "Why";

Then: "How"?

things must be different in other states because coles definately isnt my supermarket of choice in WA. sadly my favorite seed to eat is no longer appealing to me. batch number ending in 33 that has just come out dont have their usual deliscious flavor. but you can tell that just by looking at their colour and flow characteristics. i hope that it isn't going to be a perminant thing.

I have trouble with the serial # ending in 33. they look a bit smaller, no real straw in bag.

HT

this is a amusing thread for a number of reasons :rolleyes:

i agree with you there hebs lol

first off: that statement is a joke, aka, a light hearted attempt at self-deprecation referencing my bombastic style made evident by my blundering posts, combined with a pinch of awareness in regard to the belief women wish to be treated like a princess.

this is a misogynist wonderland. the VAST majority are blokes and the vocal majority tend to be idiots when it comes to women, despite being knowledgeable about a few plants. there is a faction of 'aware' guys in here who you'll find helpful and kind. my personal experience here has been a lot of dick-in-hand types that you have to look past who find objectification of women as exciting as "what-new-thing can i use to get fucked up on". it's a great place for the most part because there are a number of enlightened and intelligent people here, irrespective of gender. my best advice is don't pander and yeah, obviously don't come in balls out hoping to score.

~another woman

don't come in balls out hoping to score.

That's how I walk into pubs!

Edited by Green Osiris

That's how I walk into pubs!

*cackle*. i hope you wax that shit.

this is a misogynist wonderland. the VAST majority are blokes and the vocal majority tend to be idiots when it comes to women, despite being knowledgeable about a few plants. there is a faction of 'aware' guys in here who you'll find helpful and kind. my personal experience here has been a lot of dick-in-hand types that you have to look past who find objectification of women as exciting as "what-new-thing can i use to get fucked up on". it's a great place for the most part because there are a number of enlightened and intelligent people here, irrespective of gender. my best advice is don't pander and yeah, obviously don't come in balls out hoping to score.

~another woman

I just don't know where to start responding to this, let alone the words to use!!! I am constantly feeling a big push away from this forum and this community!! Threads like this and posts like this are very much up on the issues list.

A misogynist wonderland?!?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :puke:

Um, I really have to extend on your comment, Evo. It's absolute bullshit. Where does the bulk of this thread suggest an element of mysoginy ? Was hardtimes bagged out perhaps a bit too much? Probably, but it's clearly more about nature of the thread and the noobie element. In fact most of the flaming was done before she made it clear she was (probably still is) a female.

Sure, the vast majority are males, but if a time arises when someone gets flamed, it's done without regard for gender. What's the resons for so many other adverse posts towards others (ie male to male). It becomes tiresome when generalisations are made, as they are typically unwarranted.

Now go cook me some eggs.

I just don't know where to start responding to this, let alone the words to use!!! I am constantly feeling a big push away from this forum and this community!! Threads like this and posts like this are very much up on the issues list.

A misogynist wonderland?!?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :puke:

yep. if it doesn't apply to you then why get angry. i personally feel objectification of women up in here is ridiculous (and it isn't done by a majority but it is done by a vocal majority). if that doesn't apply to you why let it upset you?

Um, I really have to extend on your comment, Evo. It's absolute bullshit. Where does the bulk of this thread suggest an element of mysoginy ? Was hardtimes bagged out perhaps a bit too much? Probably, but it's clearly more about nature of the thread and the noobie element. In fact most of the flaming was done before she made it clear she was (probably still is) a female.

Sure, the vast majority are males, but if a time arises when someone gets flamed, it's done without regard for gender. What's the resons for so many other adverse posts towards others (ie male to male). It becomes tiresome when generalisations are made, as they are typically unwarranted.

Now go cook me some eggs.

the bulk of this thread doesn't suggest an element of misogyny. there are a number of threads smattered throughout the forums that do, though. instead of wasting time pointing them all out to you if you like i can let you know each time something comes up that smacks of it. the most recent i can come up with was the spaceship with the 'no fat chicks' commentary in the first post. that's surreal to me.

it's not the flaming of hardtimes i'm talking about at all. there's an undercurrent with SOME of the VOCAL blokes up in here that is disturbing. not in this thread, in the forums in general. and, again, not a generalisation if you read my post again. there are SOME very VOCAL guys in here who have incredibly misogynistic attitudes towards women. you're not one of them. many of you aren't.

as a woman in a primarily male environment (this or any other) it's the commentary that is anti-woman that really stands out to me, making me state this is a 'misogynistic wonderland' because, primarily, they are left to their devices and nobody (least of all me) will bother to bring it up to "them".

how do you like your eggs?

i am sorry but i dont think it comes down to a gender issue at all. it is all to easy to bring it back to a gender mysogynist issue.

lets face it, this thread is about gettign poppy seeds FAST so the author can get stoned on them.

maybe we are all to much inspired about getting wasted too much.

and weather you are male or female i think this is a road that should never be made in haste.

but you know that is the opinion of myself and if i am mysoginist then so be it.

to be honest i wouldnt give a shit if you were a brother a sister a father a mother a son a grandfather a fuckgin insectiod alien for all i care, what i do care about though is someone who is a father sister mother son daughter insectiod alien begin to develop a problem with opiates.

i am sorry but i dont think it comes down to a gender issue at all. it is all to easy to bring it back to a gender mysogynist issue.

nobody's reading what i said. i give up. please read what i said and ask for clarity if you don't get it.

:rolleyes:

woman was an idiot to come up in here and post send me illegal seeds i want to get loaded i just can't take it anymore. if you have psychological issues you ought to see someone to help you with that. and on another note, this place has a VOCAL misogynist attitude and don't feel like you have to make a commentary defending women by saying we don't all think we need to be treated like princesses.

uhg. i'm taking my fat arse to the beach now. :BANGHEAD2: