The Corroboree
spiders

Bindi Urwin is a mirror

Well, I sure wish someone had, then we wouldn't be having this stupid discussion. I reckon it should be legal to abort right up until the tenth year.

i suggest the nasty pasties eat some plants have a good look at themselves and learn to be al lil nicer :)

Well, I sure wish someone had, then we wouldn't be having this stupid discussion. I reckon it should be legal to abort right up until the tenth year.

Chronic, you are a seriously deranged person who, from what i've read so far, has not the slightest regard for others' feelings.

How can you pay out Bindi who has been through so much and at her age?

The utter shit that you come up with. :wave-finger:

Shit, people die all the time. Kids have been through much worse. She became a legitimate target the day her parents put her forward for public exploitation. Anyway, i really doubt she is reading my posts, so her feelings really are quite irrelavent.

Mate its not the fact that she is reading it or she isn't - its just evil.

If you really believe in what you've said, keep it to yourself, its simply wrong.

I'm not your mate. Anyway, i'll tell you what's evil, exploting your only child and putting her in the media spotlight. Her mum should be given up to the Department of Human Services. or deported back to Seppoland where she belongs, fucking yanks coming here and misapropriating our cultural identity and maltreating our native wildlife.

Edited by Chronik Fatigue

No post

Edited by KlUe

There was a special program on last night for the insomniacs after 10:30 PM on channel 9 which was a half-tribute and half "Here's Bindi" type show with throws to her mother Terri also. The show had the famous 5 guys jumping on a croc scene as well as some others where Steve looked hopelessly out of his league with even simple issues. In one scene it showed a behind the scenes thing where Steve was lying in the bottom of a boat with a newspaper type cover over his face and head and he lifted it briefly showing that he was absolutely bored shitless. The look on his face said it all.

What I hate though is the way the Irwin media machine has swung into action after Steve's death to try and promote some sort of ongoing publicity or exposure. To create a legacy when none is really warranted. These sorts of things have kind of made me more cynical than I already was about the whole Steve Irwin phenomenon.

It was laughable in a sense that the program was put on as a late night show when I'm sure the producers would have been expecting a prime time showing.

They, the money grubbing behind the scenes people / family should just accept that they are destined to fade into obscurity. And the sooner it happens the better. Why on earth would they think some child is going to be of such interest to people in this role?

I think badly of the people behind the scenes exploiting or trying to exploit Bindi. I mean the only thing they are relying upon for any credibility is that her father was Steve Irwin. Do they forget she's just a primary school age child ?

Edited by ~username

Why on earth would they think some child is going to be of such interest to people in this role?

I'd imagine it's because they have no other way of keeping up their income now the main attraction to the circus is gone, Terri might actually have to get a real job.

back to Seppoland ..... fucking yanks ...

I am no friend of Steve, Bindi, their fake conservation or even the american empire, but I've had a gut full of your racism and general discordant nature on this forum.

Hence, your access has been suspended for 1 week. When/if you come back you will NOT be given the same leeway that everyone else has. If [as I assume] you can't contribute to this forum sensibly, positively and constructively you will be deleted immediately without further warning.

Racism? Shit, Terri is more caucasian than me. Culturalism maybe, but racism, uh uh.

But, oh well, see y'all next week!

There was a special program on last night for the insomniacs after 10:30 PM on channel 9 which was a half-tribute and half "Here's Bindi" type show with throws to her mother Terri also. The show had the famous 5 guys jumping on a croc scene as well as some others where Steve looked hopelessly out of his league with even simple issues. In one scene it showed a behind the scenes thing where Steve was lying in the bottom of a boat with a newspaper type cover over his face and head and he lifted it briefly showing that he was absolutely bored shitless. The look on his face said it all.

What I hate though is the way the Irwin media machine has swung into action after Steve's death to try and promote some sort of ongoing publicity or exposure. To create a legacy when none is really warranted. These sorts of things have kind of made me more cynical than I already was about the whole Steve Irwin phenomenon.

It was laughable in a sense that the program was put on as a late night show when I'm sure the producers would have been expecting a prime time showing.

They, the money grubbing behind the scenes people / family should just accept that they are destined to fade into obscurity. And the sooner it happens the better. Why on earth would they think some child is going to be of such interest to people in this role?

I think badly of the people behind the scenes exploiting or trying to exploit Bindi. I mean the only thing they are relying upon for any credibility is that her father was Steve Irwin. Do they forget she's just a primary school age child ?

good post

yeah, that post pretty much sums it up for me too, but that sentiment does not justify the nastiness that is plastered all over this thread.

I am just glad the thread title "Bindi Urwin" indicates we are not actually talking about the same person - although I wonder just how many kids are called Bindi. Na scrap that, I am sure it will be a very popular name in the next few years :rolleyes:

t, cmon man, ur an intelligent bloke.

fake conservitism??

how the fuck can u build an animal hospital and save countless animals from an unfavorable demise,

invest money back into the land, and fund 'wildlife warriors', without being concerned for conservation?

if u dont think that the Irwins were concerned for conservation t, then i think U may be more than just a little wrong.

All this Irwin hating is fucked up man.

Give the man and his family the respect they deserve.

Just cos they doesnt present an 'alternative' image which is so fashionable in our circles doesnt make them bad people.

Leave the Irwins be.

Try doing something proactive for the environment and our wildlife urselves before passing such petty, wanky comments. It makes me ill.

I feel that I have to clarify a little.

All the hateful comments above by Chronik Fatigue are wrong. No one considerate is condoning that.

What I am criticising though is the money orientated promotion of Bindi as a new frontman so to speak for the Irwin 'legacy'. To me it smacks of exploitation.

A bit like those child beauty pageants - where children are expoited by parents. The image of Jon Benet Ramsey comes to mind. Pushed into the limelight by the parents for reasons other than or additional to the child's desires.

Hating exploitation and the money grubbing behind it is not the same as hating the people for their personal faults or features.

deADset i kid u not, my gf just read this post, and i swear to god, i have never, ever heard her call someone a f-wit. I shit u not. never, not once,period. not even me!!

chronic, u have that honor and hell albeit for me to admit that i agree.

Green-O u are approaching that land to . I thought u were a cool dude.... why the sudden turn for being a tosser? it doesnt seem to fit u.

i dunno that bindi is bein pushed into this , i really dont.

I really believe that it is her wish, thats just me belief anyways.

I do believe she thinks shes like her father. why not. she LOVED him. Her LOVED her.

thats LOVE. LOVE conquers all.

I do believe she wants to continue like her father.

Thats big.

I dunno, knowing myself the whole father/daughter relationship i can totally empathise with bindy. Its somethin speacial u know.

U will never experience another love like it. U think u know what love is, but u dont, till u see those eyes.other doting parents here know what i mean.

She loves her dad, wanyone cxan see that and she WANTS to continue his work.

Whats so bad about that?????? its not like shes taking over the operation of a nuclear reactor. Shes friggin promotiong animal conservation and kids fitness. Check out ur own wastelines, u may need to buy one of her vids, instead of sitting behind a computer jerking urself off all day.

So from one devoted dad, back the fuck of bindy irwin.

I'm not your mate. Anyway, i'll tell you what's evil, exploting your only child and putting her in the media spotlight. Her mum should be given up to the Department of Human Services. or deported back to Seppoland where she belongs, fucking yanks coming here and misapropriating our cultural identity and maltreating our native wildlife.

Yeah I went to Australia Zoo once, he got Bindi to do a song and dance for a charity (dont remember which one) It was horrible I tell you.. Thats the lowest thing you can do.. :rolleyes:

Anyone seen his house? Not that fancy for someone who earns that much..

oh and Im sure he wasnt buying land for conservation, my guess is he was planning on selling it to build estates.. :scratchhead:

Anyway, all in all I think he would of been a great dad, Bindi always looks happy and thats what parents want..not to mention ourselves

i think uve hit the nail on the head dodie,

i think the accomplishment of any good parent is their childs happiness and self belief and self -worth,

and i think its plain to see for all what a great job steve and terri have done with bindi and young bob.

so yeah, for all the bitter bindi knockers heres a big :wave-finger: on mine and im sure that late steves behalf. kiss our shiny metal asses conjectively.

It's obvious that Bindi is being used as a 'tool' for the marketing of the Australia Zoo organisation. The fact that they have a range of "Bindi Wear" available in different shades of khaki available exclusively from the zoo is proof of that. While there's nothing wrong with doing that, it's the sort of thing that I personally don't like. Celebrity branded or approved products are wanky in my view (especially perfumes and clothes etc), but that's just me.

Bindi's only claim to fame is through her father. There's a logical fallacy sometimes called 'guilt by association' or 'the company that you keep' fallacy. Just like you can't prove or disprove the worth or validity of something by the mere associations of the thing in question; this example of trying to push Bindi falls into the same trap.

Yes, she might be a cute privileged Australian girl who has dreams, wishes and she may continue in the same field as her family; but she's only 8 and has a whole life ahead of her. Time will tell how it all works out. There was a series of 26 programs that were to be produced by Discover Channel called "Bindi, the Jungle Girl" with Steve as a 'co-star'. The episodes were to be started showing in January 2007 but since it's Jan 31st today and there still is nothing it appears they have postponed the project. I would be surprised if this show is ever made or shown (maybe one episode with existing footage may be knocked up, but not 26 episodes as planned). It's yet another example of potential exploitation of the child that I've been trying to explain above. Trying to keep Bindi in the spotlight in a seemingly active way may be an attempt to have projects like BTJG made rather than scrapped as I think it will be.

As an aside, a search for the search string >>> "Steve Irwin" wanker >>> has 15, 200 hits on Google. Do the same search but with the term >>> "Malcolm Douglas" wanker >>> and you get 58 hits, and funnily enough some of those references are actually to Steve Irwin with claims that Malcolm Douglas has called Steve Irwin an amateur and a wanker to boot.

crikey.jpg

And take it easy guys. It's just opinions here. :)

Edited by ~username

Green-O u are approaching that land to .

Huh ? After one retort not even directed as the Urwin child ? Regrettably association with posts seems to add to the witch-hunt persecution. Next you'll be trying to call me a racist, sexist motherfucker. Although I dare anyone to find an example of either of the two.

I've pretty much decided on opting out of all these SAB petty bitch-fests that offend the poor sensitive souls where 'some' people have decided that freedom of expression is on a 'granted basis', however I will NOT sit back and accept such unfounded bullshit when there have been no examples in this thread worth airing baseless critique. Kiss my shiny metal ass, jono, and re-read this thread from the top.