The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

Mt Buffalo / Acacia phlebophylla

quote:

Originally posted by eccles:

I honestly don't have the energy for this. I don't apologise for finding your attitude offensive

Um, I didn't ask you to. Initially I was offensive and that's what I apologised for ages back. Dunno bout the good person bit tho :) I think yer taking the piss

Nevertheless the fact remains that this board is replete with requests for help and tips for propogating plants and plant material, and you are the first person to have ever bitten someones head off

Which is what I apologised for. In three years that's not a bad record, someone was bound to slip up eventually and it was me

because of vested commercial interests in keeping such cultivation information secret.

No! No! And no again. Vested commercial interests my flaming arse. The information is kept under contract because we don't want it to enter the commercial market. As I said, were my data freely available with no conditions it could well be used to someone else's financial advantage either by propagation or other employment gain. And as there are no conclusive results as yet nothing has been published. As soon as there are results there will be publication. Until then anyone else can have a go and good luck to them. Unless I'm 100% certain that their interests and mine are close enough for me to be happy with then I won't risk leaving my efforts open to abuse to someone else's gain

Commercial interests *pfft. Torsten contributed buckets of funds to get it going and I have kept it running at my own expense. This statement has to be made repeatedly it seems and I hate doing it b/c it looks like we're out for pats on the head. Pats on the head detract from productive work time so we're not interested; but neither am I interested in having my interests misrepresented so I get to repeat myself a bit, and say the word *interest* rather a lot

. Why should that prevent me from being allowed to express my opinions as a member of this one,

I was accusing you of inconsistency, not denying you an opinion

You may not have noticed, but around 98% of the accusations/innuendo mulga levels at torsten is actually 100% rooted in reality

No I haven't noticed, because I have been around the debate in person long enough to believe you're wrong. In fact I know you are. The differences in opinion are what generates the debate.

{QB]Should I censor someone for expressing their opinion when it is based in fact?[/QB]

Did I say that?

There is a big difference between stating an opinion and cloaking that opinion with abuse- precisely the very thing I did here and copped fairenough flack for. Had the arguments there been couched in more civil and reasonable terms I'd have no problem with them. I have taken members here to task- and copped it myself fairenough- for presenting a point abusively when it was completely uneccessary. And I stand by that opinion.

I It was only when you and he got into that shit fight that things got out of hand

IMO things got out of hand ages before when his abuse was allowed to continue unchecked. YMV.

Principly because it didn't seem that there was resolution on the horizon - which I had previously hoped for.

Every time a new crew comes online they try, which is worthy enough, but it keeps making things worse. As I've said rather a lot before there's more than enough room in this field for us to stay well apart, and I would vastly prefer he do something productive somewhere else rather than hang underfoot whingeing. As that seems to be the case, and his personal abuse of Torsten on your forums seems to have ceased, I would certainly *not* continue the argument

If you both hate me so much just come out and tell me and I will resign from this forum.

LOL nah, I don't hate you. I don't consider you a friend, cos I don't know you, but I'm old fashioned like that :) Sometimes I even admire your guts, send me an x-ray :)

sooo,

whats the status on the bush fires,is all lost?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :):):)

oooooh I love it...

can we stick this entire thread in the dictionary next to "bathos" ?? :)

thanks spunwhirllin for your interjection that has made us see just how ridiculous we have been sounding...

I am sick of apologising for the things I say... I fuck up. I fuck up a lot. I *am* a hypocrite. and I'd like to extend the hand of friendship (which holds a peace pipe) to Darklight and Torsten. I am sick of having to defend my own inconsistencies and my moral crusade flights of fancy... perhaps you should all just remember that I *am* essentially an idiot :)

I hate fights. they upset me a lot.

Ahh crap. I just spent 30 minutes typing a reply and now it's all over

well, almost. I would like to see eccles correct the factual erros in his post about me. No apologies required as you are once again misunderstanding a lot.

spunwhirlling- I think this topic deserves a new thread. Please start one and I will reply tonite.

oh shit!!

which bits Torsten?

please don't make me wade back through the whole thing... I can't recall anything I said that was actually factually untrue, so you may have to point it out.

Except the part that Darklight has already pointed out RE Mulga... and that is only because on my board he has more or less confined himself to criticising you for 'censorship' (after he was removed from your forums)... so you can see his logic. Failing that... I am going to need a hand - since I wouldn't have said it had I not thought it was true

spunwhirllin:

sooo,

whats the status on the bush fires,is all lost?

still plenty left to burn ....and it probably will. the fire goes where the wind tells it to. i'm sick of breathing bushfire smoke and worried that it may be habit forming, when it's all over i'll roll a fatty of eucalypt and pine and wean myself off slowly.

all is not lost but these fires are going to raise severe revenue issues for state government - first the rural sector went to shit and now we're losing forests in an area that is already short on supply.

Guest mandragora

Sorry honeypants this is too long for me to read.