The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
KlUe

Salvia Divinorum

Hi all,

Another legality question -- I've seen some supposedly fresh Salvia divinorum seeds from mexico on Ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/SALVIA-DIVINORUM-SEED-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Question is - If customs opened the seed package and it had no description, what do you think the chances are of actually getting the delivery? Obviously seeds aren't going to be that easy to identify, especially since there are huge amounts of plants in the salvia family which i'm gathering are all a similar look, and the fact that they're extremely rare..

This guy does have a dodgy looking feedback (lot of transactions with same ebayers)... But i have seen another transaction with good feedback for the same thing.

KlUe

Edited by KlUe

Heya KlUe,

I've wondered about this myself after finding it on ebay. I dont really think it'd be worth you while for a number of reasons:

1) They are still prohibited due to besing a part of the plant - every part of it appears to be illegal in Oz (afaik)

2) The gemination percentages are beyond minimal - I believe Torsten has stated in an old thread that once (when legal) he tried from seed, and only a couple sprouted. A week or so later they ended up dying anyway (cant seem to find the thread now, though I'm sure I read it just this week when trolling for info).

3) The prices are quite high, though I'm sure a few of us are happy enough to pay good money for such things...

Even still, if you can overcome these problems, I doubt very much weather the seeds would be in any way distinguishable - very rarely do these plants set seeds, so whats the odds the feds would even bother researching them to the point of 100% positive visual IDs?

If you do happen to purchase these seeds and happen to be in a place where they are legal to germinate (or even possess for that matter), could you please post your germination statistics for general reference? They are very rare to start from seed, so this info would be very valuable :)

All the best in this venture :P

-Ace

Heya KlUe,

I've wondered about this myself after finding it on ebay. I dont really think it'd be worth you while for a number of reasons:

1) They are still prohibited due to besing a part of the plant - every part of it appears to be illegal in Oz (afaik)

2) The gemination percentages are beyond minimal - I believe Torsten has stated in an old thread that once (when legal) he tried from seed, and only a couple sprouted. A week or so later they ended up dying anyway (cant seem to find the thread now, though I'm sure I read it just this week when trolling for info).

3) The prices are quite high, though I'm sure a few of us are happy enough to pay good money for such things...

Even still, if you can overcome these problems, I doubt very much weather the seeds would be in any way distinguishable - very rarely do these plants set seeds, so whats the odds the feds would even bother researching them to the point of 100% positive visual IDs?

If you do happen to purchase these seeds and happen to be in a place where they are legal to germinate (or even possess for that matter), could you please post your germination statistics for general reference? They are very rare to start from seed, so this info would be very valuable :)

All the best in this venture :P

-Ace

Thanks Ace,

To be honest, I don't think it'll be worth the risk - I'll just keep my eyes and ears open for other sources.

I think there are too many factors against the idea..

KlUe

I spyed a dodgy place that still sells dried in Oz online. $999 per Kg

Search enough and ye will find.

Edited by naja naja

I spyed a dodgy place that still sells dried in Oz online. $999 per Kg

Search enough and ye will find.

Alas, will be never as good as owning your own plant...

Hmmm I can just imagine the reply to this one....

in some states, Salvia Divinorum and hence SalvinorinA may still be imported into Australia as an ink. As the SUSDP specifically exempts all schedule9 substances if they are in ink products. -this is because There are still a few states that do not have SD on their schedules. I still do not know whether the "criminal code" act prohibits this whole ink business.

Also, of course, last time I checked, the Customs Act had not included SD on it's list. This may have changed too. Im pretty sure that the SUSDP exemptions for ink do not translate as exemptions in the Customs Act.

Haha - so what, does your note pad start tripping when you are taking notes in class or something? :P

Could be an interesting matter to do some research on...

Hmmm I can just imagine the reply to this one....

in some states, Salvia Divinorum and hence SalvinorinA may still be imported into Australia as an ink. As the SUSDP specifically exempts all schedule9 substances if they are in ink products. -this is because There are still a few states that do not have SD on their schedules. I still do not know whether the "criminal code" act prohibits this whole ink business.

Also, of course, last time I checked, the Customs Act had not included SD on it's list. This may have changed too. Im pretty sure that the SUSDP exemptions for ink do not translate as exemptions in the Customs Act.

Hahaha, that's freaking awesome if it's true. Salvinorin A ink, lol!!!

Im surprised that the question of what he/she is actually selling isn't being discussed more on this thread. I have serious doubts about the product being divinorum seeds for so CHEAP ! (considering rarity/fabled status, and personal pre-prohibition observations in multiple locations - our girl never seemed to lay eggs)

I learned a term here a while ago for what I already observed but couldn't articulate.... VEGETATIVE PROPOGATION..... this is how our girl sally remains on the earth, not through seeding. And it's dead simple (VP) if you follow a few simple rules, have an optimum outdoor environment and care for her as she blossoms into womanhood.

every year someone on ebay sells sally seeds. and every year a whole bunch of people get ripped off :rolleyes:

this includes some folks on this forum. come on, own up! your experience can help to protect others.

that sally for sale is on an old site that the shop owner doesn't appear to have access to anymore. there is a whole lot of dodgy stuff on there from years ago. you can even by coca seeds from there - then.

every year someone on ebay sells sally seeds. and every year a whole bunch of people get ripped off :rolleyes:

this includes some folks on this forum. come on, own up! your experience can help to protect others.

Aint that self incrimination? and aint self incrimination against the rules on your forum torst?

:crux:

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

Aint that self incrimination? and aint self incrimination against the rules on your forum torst?

:crux:

It would be self incriminating if the people in question were living in australia and if this only applied to the time period since salvia was made illegal. Broaden your horizon. And stop trolling.

well sorrrrrry. mr polliticly correct.

was trying to help ppl from self incrimination. and stop calling me a troll lol (what do you mean by trolling)

If everything i say seems to lead to some sort of flame then maybe i should go post in forums that let you speak with a little freedom, maybe an Afghistani etho site will have more tolorance?

i quit ( for now )

Dont hate me coz im Jesus..

stop calling me a troll lol (what do you mean by trolling)

What is a TROLL?

Sorry if i come across as a troll, but i only offer help and advice when i know i can give helpful advice and as i learn it myself.

As for my other "troll" posts, im just giving my opinions, some may sound rude but thats just the way i speak mostly.

:devil::crux::devil:

So what were we talking about again? :scratchhead:

Torsten - how is the fight against the draconian S. div scheduling going?