The Corroboree
Hagakure

music club

i was thinking of a cool way to have some type of music club.

there have been some interesting recommendations of some cool music by various board members and it would be cool to get some type of a monthly trade going or something.

im thinking everyone sends it to one person, that person turns into torrent, then everyone downloads the pack of music.

so each month you recommend a track and download a pack with everone else recommendations in it.

discover new music etc that way.

any takers? any other ideas on how to run it?

That would be cool. A more low tech version would simply be a CD swap or CD ring.

Sort of like the \/\/\/\/ free thread but for cds.

For those that are not overly concerned about copyright issues.

That sounds like a good idea! I'd llike to see something like that going :P

I found a great collection of lounge music yesterday,

Sex Lounge sensual music (awesome with nature sounds and some traditional viet love songs)

Erotic Lounge music and some others,

Great relaxing stuff, cant wait to shrrom to it ehehe

Edited by tepa

sounds like a great idea, i'd be in.

i'd probably opt for a downloadable format, but only because my burner has been playing up and i go through a lot of cds trying to get a decent copy done.

I'd definitely put my hand up for this kind of thing, its a great idea. I'm always on the look out for new music and what better source than the varied populous of the EB community :) (where's all the psy heads?)

It'll expose a different side of each person that participates so that'll be interesting and fun too.

Lets decide on a format quickly so we can get this going :excl::P

Edited by without

Te other option would be to give each other our soulseek usernames (cos we're all using soulseek, right? :P ) and just share.

Although at the moment I'm on dialup and that wouldn't be an option for me.

Soulseek + dial up = :huh::o:(

Not the best idea.

But a big torrent (or something similar) of a track contributed by each user is a good idea. I'd definitely be part of that, or at least downloading it. It'd be great to see what everyone is into. Maybe for each 'pack' have a different theme and people can suggest their fav track of that style.

okay well im thinking it might be good to have a theme some months

but this month its all open

so if you are in, upload ONE track somewhere and send me the link. or pm me for email address.

ill download them all and make a torrent file. will try to have it available as soon as possible as i am gone after the 4th of jan for a bit and wont be able to seed after then.

due date for songs is the 29th

dont worry if you miss this round or whatever, just gotta get the ball rolling.

if we wait and talk about it too much it will allow everyone to participate in this round but may loose some momentum.

upload ONE track somewhere

where for example?

what aobut e2dk links? everyone should be diggin that stuff

I guess we should have the username next to the track, so we can discern who is a mainstream teeny-bopper and who listens to obscure hard to find elitist music ;) But yeah really if we're interested in each others musical tastes why not.

How big will each torrent be? and how many contributers we having? I can upload a few files somewhere if we don't start with many folk, and u can just pick and choose from them.

Edited by El Duderino

Hi Guys,

thats a great idea! I get interesting stuff i´d like to share with you guys all the time. What´s the legal status of torrent files? From what i know they are legal in Germany. The same in Oz? And by the way...what about ethnobotanical torrent files? There are some from time to time on the Board but i´m not sure if they can be problematic for the board. Torsten, what do you think about them? Can there be any Copyright Problems in case i post some old Audiobook Links? bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Ok I was hoping this would go down differently so I wouldn't have to rain on it.

Cool idea and all, but I'm 100% certain posting a torrent of of files that are illegal to share is a bad idea.

That´s sad apo but your right. It wouldnt be good to endanger the board because of torrent files. there are enough torrent specialized sites around there. I´m sure we can find a better way. Maybe a livestream or something like that.

Damn, I hate copyrights like a chinese bootleger.

Maybe we could get this going in the lab. Trading mp3s would be easier on IRC, and with DCC you get the fastest client-to-client transfer without any server overhead involved. That coupled with the fact that you'd get a bit of security with the SSL. To me this seems like a viable way to go.

DCC also completely de-anonymises the whole hostmasking thing.

Secondly, we don't do illegal things on the lab, just the same as we don't do illegal things on here. :)

Instead of posting the torrent file people that express inetrest in this could be PM'd with a link to the torrent. Then it wouldn't be so public.

no torrent file will be linked to on the forum and no song illegally uploaded and linked to

problem solved

in regards to preferenvce towards torrent, im just thinking a pack is a nice way to share music.

you get one choice, so you gotta make it count each month.

easy to get lost in the sheer volume with downloading and sharing music.

how many times have you or has someone else sent dozens of tracks like , listen to this, and this and this and this.

pick one tune, everyones name is next to it or whatever

then everyone can discuss the same lot of songs

if you wanna trade music via irc etc then go for it

this is something that can along with it.

Hagakure is onto something here folks :lol:

Do the honours mate, select the first song!

without: about to choose mine now, pick one upload it and pm it, a few have started arriving

and oh yeah, el dude - dunno how big each torrent will be. im guessing and average of 7 meg per song and hoopefully at least 5 people involved. but yeah, hopefully lots of people with lots of different tastes in music will contribute.

dont wanna put limits on file sizes cause sometimes you need a long song sometimes a short song.

also, how do people feel about themes etc?

try to match it with a song?

i was thinking about voting for best song and shit like that but i really dont think that will be necessary.

you dont want people choosing music so the most people will like it, you want people choosing music because its crazy, they like it, and they wanna share it.

ideally i want to find out about bands and types of music i would otherwise never stumble across

Edited by Hagakure

great, still going ahead then :) bring on the new tunes! :P