The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mally454

Greetings from a newbie.

Eventhough I'm really not qualified to greet you welcome, with my insignificant number of posts. I will nevertheless like to greet you welcome to the board I consider one of the most serious and the one with highest standards of ethnobotanical information on the net. People here are very friendly and I haven't really seen any flaming going on (maybe once) and people here seem to take their time to answer your questions properly.

Welcome Mally and thanks to the Shaman Australis community.

Cheers

Ashoka

Originally posted by t st tantra:

hi,do you have any particular field of interest?

t s t .

I have long had an interest in the growing of exotic plants, etc. My interest has naturally grown to this subject.

I must admit however, that I don't have knowledge to share. I am going to have to be selfish and simply pick everyones brains and wear out the 'search' function.

"I am going to have to be selfish and simply pick everyones brains and wear out the 'search' function."

Howdy. Always ready to help.

*Reaches for hacksaw*

So, whose brains do you want to start with? My vote is Torsten´s.

Guest reville

No you can't have him!

Hes in my basement and ive got Piers onto him

we're dosing him full of DAT and sodium pentathnol till we get all the info we want. you can have him back in a few days wink.gif

welcome mally. Hope you feel at home here and as you are already experienced with exotic plants you may find you have knowledge directly transferable and useful to other members who've arrived here via a different path. Hope to see you around more smile.gif

Thanks Reville. I appreciate your kind words.

Whilst I'm here, I've been researching alot of educational books as I have just finished reading "The Cosmic Serpent" by Narby which wrote about Ayahuasca.

I have noticed (as usual), there are alot of books in the U.S., but not alot here.

I was particularly interested in "Plants Of The Gods" by Shultes. Can get it overseas, but having trouble finding it here.

Anyone recommend good book suppliers? I currently use Adyar in Sydney if possible. Also, and recommended reading on similar material would be great.

Thanks again fellas. (Forgive me if the info is already on your site. I haven't searched for any books yet)

[This message has been edited by mally454 (edited 26 December 2002).]

The new edition of Plants of the Gods is available from Florilegium in Glebe/NSW. They also have a few other ethnobotany texts and aren't prejudiced.

and can you please use a drill instead of a hacksaw... I'm ticklish wink.gif

It is? How much?

Damn, I´m on the wrong side of the world again.

Actually, i seem to have amazing difficulty finding Florilegium. I´m told there are some good mushroom books, but everytime I look for it, Glebe gets in the way, and I end up in Camperdown.

http://www.oflc.gov.au/content.html?n=46&p=35

This is a good link to see whether certain literature that may be of interest is availiable, here in Australia. Don't forget chaps, you'll have to be over 18 to even search the naughty ones.

But then this is a whole other topic.

kai

I'm actually quite suprised Plants of the Gods" is unrestricted.

[This message has been edited by squiresk (edited 27 December 2002).]

many of the books on this list are still available. you just have to know where.

re florilegium - I usually walk there from Glebe, but it is in the direction of camperdown. I always thought camperdown was one side of parramatta rd and glebe the other. I might be wrong. Anyway, there is only one florilegium, so whatever number you find is likely to be the right one wink.gif

"I always thought camperdown was one side of parramatta rd and glebe the other."

EXACTLY! Don´t ask me how I get there. I don´t know myself.