The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
synaesthesia

No Labware/ Glassware on Oz eBay!

Yeah so like last week i go to do my usual search and browse on eBay to see what selling and whats on offer. i do the usual searches, and nothing came up for any glass ware at all! i mean months ago they have pretty much everything on oz eBay like condensors, fittings, beakers, round bottom flasks etc etc etc... Now absolutely nothing.

Damn i wish i got that guys email, that richard guy io think his name was, the one who had a big online shop. does anyone have his email ?

ANd does anyone know why all of a sudden eBay doesnt allow lab ware to be auctioned on its site.

Its almost like we are going back in to the medieval times where the home chemist and home experimentation and inventions are frowned upon. One only needs to look at the history of medieval to the renassience to see what era of human civilisation is better.

Man this sucks! when dad was a kid he used to go pig shooting, now in 2006 i can even buy a fucking beacker on eBay.

This is the guys user name richardw6165 and he is still registered, ill leave the rest up to you.

I bought some evap dishes form the guy and 2 of the 3 came broken and he wouldnt do shit about it. He's a bastard don't deal with him. There are cheaper sources fo relaible glassware.

JUst buy stuff from a scientific supply. I have an account with www.livingstone.com.au and have had no problems - when things arrived broken they gave me a credit for next time - no worries.

I don't think they mind selling to individuals as long as you pay up front.

also I don't think there is a problem with owning scientific glassware it might just make you suspicious to the law folk.

anyway, good luck

cheers

Or rather than buy from a scientific supply see what you can get from this site! - there is some pretty handy stuff. Try and keep things in the family first and you can be sure of the source.

:)