The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
marsha

Blue myrtle??? ebay

Question

8 answers to this question

Myrtillocactus geometrizans

Im pretty sure this cactus has already been Id'd in another thread..

yep, dodie is on the money.

Edited by Passive Daemon

yep, dodie is on the money.

C'mon guys, look a bit harder. Thats no Myrtilocactus. That is a Trichocereus. (shit i hope i'm rite :)) My money is on T.bridgesii

C'mon guys, look a bit harder. Thats no Myrtilocactus. That is a Trichocereus. (shit i hope i'm rite :)) My money is on T.bridgesii

Take a closer look at the little pic of the flower dude.

The name gives it away also, "blue myrtle cactus" = Myrtillocactus Geometrizans.

seriously though, at first glance i thought it was an E. lageniformis also Jactus :lol:

Its a nice looking plant regardless and i still dont have one in the collection.

Yeah there's no way that flower's a trich. Though the general shape seems very reminiscent... Very nice cactus in any ones eyes :drool: I've got a couple tiny little Myrtle cuts that i've had in soil for what seems like at least a year now and still no growth. Hopefully this year :)

Yeah I've had some small cuts planted for a while now, some for over 12 months and only just showing signs of growth..........probably potted them up too late in the last growing season.

Yeah I've had some small cuts planted for a while now, some for over 12 months and only just showing signs of growth..........probably potted them up too late in the last growing season.

I think I might have had the same issue - too late in the season to root and put out new growth. I have recently transfered them to a bigger pot and one of them seems to be putting out the tiniest bit of new growth :)

I think I might have had the same issue - too late in the season to root and put out new growth. I have recently transfered them to a bigger pot and one of them seems to be putting out the tiniest bit of new growth :)

O.k kinoath its a myrtilocactus. The photo only pops up for a second then goes away. But it was there long enough to see the flower and the thick spines. Damn,it looks exactly like my T.bridgesii. Almost like the same plant! C.mon jactus look harder. :angry:

Thank you , i was going to buy some if it came up again, i've got plenty of mytillo is someone wants to swap for something Tricho :)