The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jasemateau

ssri's and MDMA fatal?

i met this critter where i am located he was just an aqaintance from a popular night club.

he was currently using lexapro for various reasons, and he took, was actually forced for the lack of a better word to take some mdma.

the explaination i could understand from his broken english,it came on very quick and was incredably strong from what he recalls before he was on ssri's.

just observing this moonwalkerwas very intersting, i could honestly say this poor clown looked like he WAS on the moon, with constant and very short cycles of thought paths. and was walking exactly like johnny depp in fear and loathing just after the sunshine acid....

however where i am located who's to know if infact he had mdma. although he assures me it was

i thougt about what could possibly be going on in his head.........

this could be VERY dangerous right?

what the crew here think would happen to one if in the same situation. i belive it could fatal...

any thoughts

Isnt MDMA a ssri as well as an seretonin agonist? I would think that it could def potenate it but it could also be very well dangerous. Its prob not as dangerous as an maoi + mdma combo i would think.. Mostly tho i dont know what im talking about to any real degree so u should prob not listen to me kiddies :blush::P

Yep what creach said,maybe it was just a strong tab?

Though it may have been k if he hadn't had MDMA before.I know that'll put a bow in your legs :wacko:

It used to be all the rage to predose with St johns wart which is an SSRI, There are some reported casses of Serotonin syndrome, but rarely if ever fatal. If it was agood biccy and he wasn't a heavy user, he could well have been on the moon regardless :)

was'nt a tab, his drink was spiked, by ummm some hookers. they were all friends tho so could have been some k going around, dunno. is any way to describe the taste of k, if indeed these people came across this substance again?

MDMA alone can cause serotonin syndrome. in fact, when people are peaking they're probably experiencing a mild form of it.

re SSRIs and MDMA. MDMA releases serotonin, and makes the serotonin reuptake transporters work in reverse i.e. instead of returning serotonin back to the terminal, they carry it to the serotonin receptors on the other side. SSRIs will compete with MDMA for the reuptake transporter. in theory, it should decrease the likelihood of serotonin syndrome because the transporter is now blocked rather than actively increasing serotonin levels.

From my personal experience when i was under the influence of prozac it definatly seemed to potentiate mdma

Edited by dc

i thought ssri's stop the seratonin from returning back, almost forcing the recptors to recive the seratonin,

and i also thought mdma was a synthetic version of seratonin,, hence thee reason why i thought it would be fatal.

oh so much to learn

It used to be all the rage to predose with St johns wart which is an SSRI, There are some reported casses of Serotonin syndrome, but rarely if ever fatal. If it was agood biccy and he wasn't a heavy user, he could well have been on the moon regardless :)

How does someone spiek a drink with MDMA? The stuff tastes so bitter that there is no chance you wouldnt taste it - even in cactus juice...

Perhaps it was K or GHB. As others have said SSRIs decrease the effects of MDMA and in some make it come on later than normal as well. Or so ive heard...

'Though it may have been k if he hadn't had MDMA before.I know that'll put a bow in your legs '

if ofcourse your able to discern up from down and walk...

you can taste all of those things easy, you'de have to be pretty drunk not too, and that may be the problem?