The Corroboree
Torsten

Some simple plant extraction labgear in shop now

we'll be stocking a full range of lab gear designed for small scale plant material extractions and sterile culture. We won't be getting any large glassware or anything that is not directly related to herbal extractions to avoid pieces being used for the wrong purposes.

To start off with we have:

* simple ground glass joint condensors for solvent recovery and reflux

* buchner funnels

* filter flasks

* spirit lamps

* glass mortar & pestle

coming next week are

* simple (cheap) condensors for solvent recovery (no joints)

* filter paper

* gooches

* flasks

* glass rods

* syringes

* still heads

* evaporating dishes

* watch glasses

back in stock will be

* thermometers

* small spirit lamps

* porcelain mortar & pestle

coming soon:

* small RB flasks

* beakers

* spatulas

* aspirator pumps

& lots more

Sweet as! I've been waiting for a place to buy labgear. How big are those rb flasks gonna be?

small. I have no itentions of getting into arguments with authorities whether I should be reporting sales of certain things or not, so I simply won't supply any of the controlled items. This means all fittings will be 19/26 or smaller, and flasks will be smaller than 500 (ie they will be 250ml or smaller).

This is ample for legal herbal extracts and legal alkaloid and oil extraction and purification. If anyone wants to go beyond the hobby research size then they should look elsewhere.

I also have no intentions of doubling up on the stuff offered by that other science supply business that is opening up soon and offerings may change when that happens.

no, in fact I forgot to put them on the list. problem is that the good ones would retail around the $200, while the crappy ones are really fragile and probably don't like shipping too much. so I've ordered the good ones anyway.

they were in the shop, but they are mostly gone already. more arriving next week.

really? i couldnt see them :scratchhead: could be that cosmic event trigger wanjina mentioned magnifying my dumbass by 1000000 but ill look again :P

if i miss out next week is good too :)

thanks T

What is a Gooch? heheheh..... :lol:

a little rubber sleeve that fits between the buchner funnel and the flask to seal the vacuum.

sep funnels in the shop now. just a few to get started, but more coming. check the pics thoroughly. there are some distinct differences in these models. the 250ml is an excellent design and smooth operation, so it's worth the extra dosh if you're going to be using it a lot.

the 125ml does not have a lock nut on the stopcock! you've been warned.

all glassware is brand new.

:drool: :drool: Do u plan on taking all my money? :lol:

LOL. Don't worry, I go through the same stage as you. First I see all that funky stuff so I have to buy some for me. Then I figure that all you guys would probably like some as well, so I buy some more for the shop.

U must be a mind reader, just last night I was gona ask if u were gona stock filter paper.

I had intended to stock them with the buchners, but different suppliers have different delivery schedules.

Are the buchner funnels solvent resistant?

Oh yes. You can use any common solvent on them. Like acetone, dichlor, chloroform, ether, toluene, pet ether. They can take conc acids and bases, and temps well over 100degC and below 15degC. In fact, I have no idea what could hurt these babies. The filter papers are much more likely to cause problems.

btw, the current papers are medium fast. That's kinda like a bit slower than a coffee filter, but a bit more sturdy. Good for plant materials, but not so good for sediment, emulsions, crystals etc. I'll also get some better quality ones, but they are expensive unless I buy a year's supply size big box of them.

The funnels are much better than porcelain buchners because they don't break when you drop them, they don't smash glassware when you accidentally connect with something, they have a perfectly flat bottom so that filter papers don't make folds on the edges as the vacuum starts, but best of all they are two piece which gives lots of advantages. eg, you can break the vacuum seal at the gooch or the joint, or even better, if you use a rubber stopper you can leave the stopper in the flask and the bottom of the buchner in the stopper while you clean out the separate filter. If you are sucking dichlor or ether your paper will invariably freeze up, but by craking the joint you can allow warm airflow that melts the ice, or you can even scrape excess of it off without emptying your filter. I don't understand why anyone would want to use one of the old style buchners....

What's the word, still supplying glasswear? Couldnt find any on the site.

Peace and thanks

Yeah, I'm interested too, Judging by the date of the 1st post. and whats left in the store, I'm guessing SAB hasn't gotten anymore stock.

Hey Torsten, Is this because it didn't sell well or new legalities? I'd sure as hell buy whatever was in stock! Especially a sep funnel!

Like so many products I haven't gotten around to updating the webstore. we've actually got heaps of lab ware ins tock, but just not on the site.

law changes mean no more condensors and no stillheads, but that's about it.

Like so many products I haven't gotten around to updating the webstore. we've actually got heaps of lab ware ins tock, but just not on the site.

law changes mean no more condensors and no stillheads, but that's about it.

OK cool, Is there a product listing anywhere I could look up?

Cheers