The Corroboree
stonewolf

philosphers stones legality?

I've heard they are legal to use as incense, can anyone confirm or deny this? Also if that is the case, would anyone have some growing they wished to sell?

100% not on!

No way are they legal! They contain sceduled substances.

Sadly no definately illegal, which makes me wonder why people seem so nonchalent about opening selling or dangling about their legs in little bags of joy in Fitzroy.

But i also doubt that your common on-the-street lets-lock-up-a-drunkie-in-chapel-st copper would know much about stones - could be wrong but i doubt they have been briefed. The average fine for posession of mushrooms - even as large as a bucket-full in melb seems to be around $50-$200 and a conviction. And a friend of mine who was recently 'challenged' by some police was let to walk because he had a mixed collection.

Other times you hear of peopl getting a syringe in the mail and being harassed by feds quite intent on prosecuting to the full extent of the law. Its a little paradoxical.

But the point of my rant is that stones contain scheduled substances so bery much illegal.

Are philosphers stones easy to grow? and how are they different from mushrooms, and since you can't get a spore print, what do they start off as?

U can get a spore print, several varieties and species too. For all ur answers go to sporeworx.com

And if ya can't get a spore print then ya can get a culture.

Edited by naja naja

great incense! right up there with acacia incense, another personal fav.

edit- im just highlighting that the incense products are great, they produce a heady aroma which provides a tranquil environment around the house, i have no idea what u are implying.

Edited by jono

I'm not sure, but some of the content of this thread seems like it could get certain parties into a bit of strife. Maybe some people should consider editing their posts.

A little birdy told me about said place in the vicinity of Fitzroy (unless there's more), where delights of all kinds can be found (definately legal / gray area / definately illegal). Very good people reside there I hear but they won't offer their item to just anyone

Stones come from here i always wondered the same thing, from these stones could another small bird start growing these? Easy? Hard? Doable at least?

This particular little birdy loves his stones :>

Can you od on stones?

Have a search of EBA for "sclerotia" and you should find a tek for growing these things.

its just hardened mycelia with the same boring drawin drawbacks. Lets get rid og howard and somehow the dream might come on...

Interesting, been reading about stones

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybe_tampanensis

Psilocybe tampanensis

Psilocybe tampanensis is a psychedelic mushroom whose only known natural specimen was collected in the wild by Stephen Pollock, near Tampa, Florida in 1977. All spores and cultivations of this species nowadays are originated from this only specimen.

Sightings

Since the collection in 1977, this species has never been seen growing wild in Florida again. Another sighting case was reported in Mississippi, but no culturable material was collected.

So lucky he grabbed them while he did!

I had a fantastic stone experience friday night :shroomer::lol:

please ignore my last contribution...