The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Salmonella Dub

Going to see them live tonight. Thought I'd start a thread on music appreciation :wink:

Who else is into NZ Dub/Dub in general/Dubjazz/Whatever other funkadelic words you can think of.

I'm listening to the work of 'Nightmares On Wax' right now which is loosely defined as 'dub/sound system/funksoul/reggae mishmash' and it is EXCELLENT.

I have recently been digging this kind of music a lot :)

Yep, im definately a dub appreciator.. or maybe im a dub co-conspiritor.

Have been listening to Salmonella dub since my first festivals back in 98. Pretty sure i saw them at big day out or something of the likes, and automatically fell in love with dub sounds.

We have a few nightmares on wax, thievery corporation, mescalito, tosca, et al.

Most of the 'real' dub we listen too is from compilations like 'the egg files' and 'dub conspiracy'.

look out for a cover of pink floyd called 'dub side of the moon' absolutely GOLD!

p.s the NZ dub scene is supposed to be absolutely cranking... having listened to a few compilations coming out of there i would love an opportunity to go to a home town gig...

Ah yeah Dub Conspiracy is the bomb. The funny thing is how I heard about it, the sound guy for Cog always puts it on after the supporting act and before Cog plays :lol:

Dub Side of the Moon is legendary :wink:

As for the NZ dub scene, we are lucky to get a lot of exposure on JJJ and stuff. The Salmonella Dub tour crew includes a lot of affiliates...', CORNERSTONE ROOTS, KORA, BUDSPELLS and SEMPER FI & HALFCAST' from the promo page.

Love Budspells. :wink:

Salmonella is wicked! I saw them live at the big day out 2 or 3 years ago in Perth, their gig was awesome. When they play live, their set is just one big non-stop mix of a dub that is really dancy and gets everybody rocking... And I wasn't even on drugs :lol:

I just wish they would release more material, more often...

The "Dub Plates" was our favourite backdrop for our home 'E' sessions :P god that takes me back :unsure:

Inside or outside the dubplates?

I love em, I worked in Italy for a while and took 2 cd's with when I went Inside the dub plates and The Exponents, Their style of music was SO different, but everyone seemed to love salmonella dub!

But you havn't partied till you been to a discotech!!

Inside the dub plates..."love your ways" is a beautiful song when your pinging off your head and having heart to heart moments with a loved one :innocent_n:

But the whole albums sweet as.