The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
John_Barleycorn

Feature request

Can we not have "keep me signed in" as the default option? I keep doing this in Internet cafes.

keeping me signed in means that others on a public computer can have access to your log in.

the forums set a temp cookie, so you should not need to sign in more than once a session. is that not so for you?

I think he's saying it does work for him and that's the problem - he's using the forums from public computers and doesn't want "keep me signed in" as the default.

Sorry if you already got all that but it looks like there is some miscommunication occurring...

ahh, now I get it.

I can see this being a security risk, but to be honest, I use the forums while I am travelling all the time and have never run into that problem. It would be quite an inconvenience to the vast majority who don't use a shared computer. Given the amount of PM traffic on the forums it might not be a bad idea though. what do others think? don't other forums keep you logge din? I am sure the nook does, and so does edot. In fact I get annoyed whenever they reset cookies and I have to go scrounging for my log in details....

Personally I have no trouble remembering to sign out on a shared computer, so it doesn't really bother me. However a good compromise may be similar to the system at EBA where there is a 'keep me signed in' box that can be ticked for those that choose it, but the default is not ticked.

Personally I have no trouble remembering to sign out on a shared computer, so it doesn't really bother me. However a good compromise may be similar to the system at EBA where there is a 'keep me signed in' box that can be ticked for those that choose it, but the default is not ticked.

I like that one.

Had a think about it and I agree that this is the best option. It will probably throw a few people in the beginning, but it's worth the extra hassle.

done.

can't you just click log out and it overwrites the default automatic login?