The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dodie

Wanted scop pollen

My scop has just started to show signs that shes about to throw of a flower or two. Does anyone have any pollen to match? How long can i expect her to finally open up, ive just noticed in the past week that shes going to throw of some buds..

I also have a unknown Trich/Echinopsis? That is well on her way to flowering...i'll post some pics once they are there..

Thanks

I would take any pollen i guess, pach or anything that would work...check your pm in the old website darcy..

i guess one of ours will bloom earlier than the other, i'll send u some and u send me some once they flower B)

Done deal. I'll get into contact when shes nearly ready. B)

Yeah my scop looks like shes throwing some fluffy bits, probably different genetics from yours too, i'd say, so, if you want we can do a swap ;)

yeah me too

my scops set to flower this season

not as interested in getting pollen but will give pollen and gladly recieve some seeds if it takes

its a seedling so will def X with all of yours

Just collected some pollen from my first flower, pm if you want some. I will post yours off tmo dodie.

Wow, how tall is that scop darcy?

Is there one bud per rib? That looks cool...

Thanks!

It's about a foot high, was the top of those cuttings you bought. I didn't think the flowers were going to hang on but they must have enough roots down now with all the rain. It's a part of my mexican fence :)

My scop just flowerd tonight. Thanks for the pollen darcy, now we play the waiting game. Did you want some pollen still? PM me with your addy if you do...Just collected some..I've got some spare if anybody else wants some...

post-710-1134039544_thumb.jpg

post-710-1134039784_thumb.jpg

Sorry darcy, forgot to tell you i sent it yesterday...should be there tomorrow at the lastest...

Sorry to Hijack but no need to start a new thread. This scop has over 50 flowers on it atm. PM me if interested in some pollen.post-962-1134692259_thumb.jpgpost-962-1134692310_thumb.jpg

post-962-1134692259_thumb.jpg

post-962-1134692310_thumb.jpg

post-962-1134692259_thumb.jpg

post-962-1134692310_thumb.jpg

Ah bummer Darcy. This was my 2nd pollination attempt and i dont think it worked, do the flowers normally stay on for awhile if it is successful?

Here's that scop X bridg cross I did with ferrets pollen. It's about 2 weeks old now and hanging on.

Tricho_fruit1.jpg

:D nice one darcy , what time of the day did you apply the pollen, soon as she opened?

yep , daddy's pics are up in the cacti forum.

cant wait to see what the plants look like... :D

well done..

I'm just doing some germination tests now and will probably give some seeds away soon as i seem to have over 1500 from that fruit ^_^, I just put down 100 and it didn't make a dent in the number.

Hopefully the seedlings have the nice thick scop skin with some blue new growth and scattered long spines and some good chemistry, who knows :) but they'll be a lot of variation i'm sure.

well, they're definently viable, i've had 4 pop up this morning and should have a lot more by tomorrow morning :) pretty quick too, only 4 days.

Nice work Darcy.

Are you going to propagate more plants then sell them through your store?

I would like to buy some seeds but i dont trust myself enough to get them to a decent size, I'd rather buy them at a hardy size... :lol:

i'll probably put up the seeds shortly for those keen and established seedlings once their big enough to send in 6-12months, whenever they're ready.

Has this hybrid been done before? If not couldnt you register it as a cultivar? Have PBR for ten years and all that jazz..Recieve money from each plant sold.. and acknowledgement ;)

I haven't seen it mentioned as being produced before. I don't want to go down the PBR path at this stage for any plant, it'd have to be a pretty special beast. LEt's say i pick a scopXbridge monstrose out of the batch, that may be worth it just to get a name on it. But apart from that and any unusual beasts, it's really only for the benefit of ethno peoples that i've crossed the two.