The Corroboree
Salviador

BIG CACTUS

ID please? it was out rural ippy way of all places.

Theres some nice one out there

post-308-1148890889_thumb.jpg

post-308-1148891073_thumb.jpg

Looks like a few types :) big one at back looks like a cereus, fat one at front looks almost KK242 but the spines look to small. And right at the very front it looks like a massive clump of TBM :D farkin nice little clump to. perhaps its not as i cant besure from the photo but it looks similar.

Nice.

The second pic looks peruvianoid to me.

Definately looks like someone has planted a few Trichocereus.

Should introduce yourself to the property owner as looks like you share some interests

Hehe, yeah i sorta guessed the back one was a cereus, mind you cactus isnt my speciality...theyre common as muck out that way. Heres a slightly better picture of the one in front although i didnt take a better one from memory coz i think it had quite a lot of fine spikes on it, any cactus look like it with fine spikes from memory? Mind you from the picture it does look awfully tbmish.

Good idea popeye, theres not much to lose and a new brizeb/shamanOz member with a good knowledge of cactus to gain!

post-308-1148902573_thumb.jpg

hehe damn i thought that was a monster TBM, looks like a cute little cactus anyway :) whats behind that mass of bushes? :ph34r:

Looks kind of like a Stenocereus to me.

It could be a Trichocereus, but it looks odd for one. The profile is so smooth, the V shaped notches are lacking (from what I can see) the spines are a little strange for a Trichocereus too. It looks like a cool cactus and a great grafting stock whatever it is.

I would have to second the Stenocereus call.

the spines are awfully gray, and the overall sense of the plant is not very trichocereus looking to me. However, that is one beautiful looking cacti!

Third vote for stenocereus

thanks. man do those armpits smell like bodo on a hot cogan day

Edited by Happy Cadaver

yes! Stenocerues Griseus! I live in the Carib on an island where this cactus has it's roots! Cool to see that I can now meditate on the cactus and teleport myself through it into austrailia since i know it's genetic aural resonance freakquency!!! ;) ha ha ha! just hope that I do not end up there in a mixed up gene code fasion if I teleport there. :P

I encountered this cactus frequently in southern Oaxaca.