The Corroboree
spiders

Ps.subaeruginosa alkaloid maxima study

P.S. Anybody ever tried mixes? I think combining the best of both worlds would be sumthin to try for. Psilocybee cocktail please sir.

I always make a 50/50 mix when the season is on. This was first done to make the cubes go further, but my rats now prefer this to either variety alone.

But, to check the potency of subs alone out of curiosity, as this hadnt been done for well over a year, last weekend my rat had 1.2 grams of just dried WA subs, in capsules, and had an extremely profound experience with all the bells and whistles (moving curtains, carpet turned to liquid etc etc).

So, I can confirm that there really must be something wrong with your -

a) tolerance

B) drying method, or

c) substrate/growing conditions.

Who knows with these things though - everyone is different.

I'd have to say tolerance, 100g fresh of subs is nothing more than an enjoyable ride, not that, that many is needed, but that much can be consumed with no problems. But other rat who has lower tolerances, confimed these to be reletavely similar strength. Although I know of really low tolerance person who get major open eye visuals from small doses of either, I guess I'm just a hard head.

Maybe substrate with this particular lot as they were not from the pines as is usually the case. Fridge dried over 2-3 days and bagged.

Or u might have stumbled accross one of the few VIC genotype patches that are randomly spread through out the normal patches. :lol:

I didn't eat anything :P , but the lab rats compared the results of 3.5g of subs against the same amount of cubes on this occasion. 5g has also been compared. DRY WEIGHT

WA subs may be less potent than the eastern ones, but 5g is still a BIG dose IME....

2g would be more reasonable... and even then...

I reckon your rats may have got some dud shroom naja.

th_24945_DSC03172.JPGth_24101_DSC03168.JPGth_24094_DSC03166.JPG

Notice how little blueing there is, almost none, only a few tiny streaks! They bruise brown when u snip them, so I'm calling a possible 4-HO-??????????

They do deff contain psilocin, as is indicated by the slight blue streaking, but the browning says sumthing diff to me.

Compared against sum from the pines:- th_38376_DSC02390_447lo.JPG

Edited by naja naja

Ive tried NSW and victorian subs and i would say there was a major difference in potency - which the maxima sorta indicates althought it wasnt a blind test so its probably not valid.

But victorian subs can be so potent that a few times ive gone through the fabric on as little as 10 / 12 fresh specimens from the start of the season.

Infact, my friend, who is seasoned, had to ask a tram driver to stop a tram once to get off after the ingestion of only ONE LARGE Specimen.

I would also suggest taht some people seem more suspectible to some varieties more than others - my friends and my girlfriend can munch down a large amount - an amount that would have me climbing the walks upside down, yet the cubies are the opposite - i cruise and they go fabric-breaking...

I have no idea why that is but its so common between the three of us, that everytime my mate comes to visit from up north he always asks for subs - the cubies making him all 'ohhh' ....

Ive always read dosage suggestions for WA subs that are quite large - almost cubie dosage - whereas that kind of dosage would be a hard hard dosage from melbourne subs.

Rev is probably the best versed in this, having tried the best of three worlds - WA, vic and NSW.

Why the brown bruising on marri wood chips growns compared to the blueing from the pine growns?

I have seen the brown "staining" in psilocybes before, but it was generally the older mushies in the patch or late in the season. I just assumed that it was just from the age of the mushie and that all the actives had broken down. As for the substrate being the cause, i cannot say as the creek they grew along was native in parts and pine in other parts. All areas fruited psilocybe mushies.

:shroomer:

All this sub talk... it's August and I miss them already :(

I think I will begin microscopy to keep me occupied until next June.

Very curious about how SA subs compare. Im sure they'd be much weaker than vic subs. 10-20 is usually a good dosage for my gnome. 5g dry was quite nice, not overly blamo, just very very nice. 20fresh in brew was once... meet your maker stylee.

I assume a lot has to do with substrate and how late in season it is. The Holy Communion experience was likely the first or 2nd flush of the season in possibly the best growing conditions I've seen. - Large specimens and all in huge clusters not solitary.

If psilocin breaks down relatively fast how are accurate psilocin levels obtained in these studies?

i have tried many Ps.subaeruginosa mushrooms from Wagga,Canberra,Melbourne and many different Cubensis varieties, and i have always found the Ps.subaeruginosa wagga variety to be extremely potent at 1dried gram uptill obviously 5grams, i found Canberra Ps.subaeruginosa to be slightly milder than wagga. I have recently moved to Melbourne and have found the Ps.subaeruginosa to be on a slightly less potent level than wagga. i would love to know the results of the maxima study. so bluemeanie keep us all posted thanks.

If psilocin breaks down relatively fast how are accurate psilocin levels obtained in these studies?

That i think has been one of the problems. That being said, the unofficial maxima of subaeruginosa obtained by scientists sponsored by Australian law enforcement also found a low level of psilocin and a high level of psilocybin in them, so it gives us some hope that these results are representative.

Most of the mushies i have seen in melbourne have come from mulched garden beds, so who really knows their origins?

Mushies that i have collected from native forest around outer N.E. Melbourne have been fairly dissapointing in potency although very plentiful(and BIG). The mushies from the other direction, towards Daylesford, were a smaller mushies more like the ones found in mulched gardens in Melbourne, the latter of the two seemed alot more potent.

The potency of mushies seems to vary alot from patch to patch, year to year. I personally beleive you only get out of the mushies what you LET yourself get. I know people that due to their macho image, cannot and will not let the mushies take over and therefore never get the full benefit. I have almost broken through on mushies, well, i did, and it was only after consuming 24 fresh medium sized mushies in the right place at the right time with the right friend. Since then i have doubled this dose many times to try and acheive the same effect, but i realised that the dose was only a minor part of what i was trying to acheive.

post-1464-1155685360_thumb.jpg

Img_0081.jpg

Img_0081.jpg

Edited by Passive Daemon

BM: Out of interest, how were the samples collected and preserved to maintain parity from so many locations?

Ive been wondering how much substrate or soil nutrient richness effects potency? If the first flushes of a grow or season were stronger because of higher amounts of nutrients, or specific nutrients, available to produce psilocin/psilocybin, then it may also be the case that subs around australia are variable simply because of their regional geology or soil types? Anyway just some speculation...

Edited by botanika