The Corroboree
ballzac

Anyone had any interesting 'dreams' about level 5 mushroom experience?

Looking on shroomery, most of the trip reports for level five really sound like level two. I'm genuinely interested in knowing what level five is like, but it will be a long time before I choose to go there myself. So, has anyone had any 'dreams' about this level? And how does it compare to breakthough experiences with other drugs? Thanks.

It's motherfreaking terrifying.

I think maybe a small (50mg?) repeated dose of MDMA during high dose mushroom trip may reduce some of the fear, but you'd probably also have to watch out, I reckon MDMA potentiates mushrooms.

It's motherfreaking terrifying.

I think maybe a small (50mg?) repeated dose of MDMA during high dose mushroom trip may reduce some of the fear, but you'd probably also have to watch out, I reckon MDMA potentiates mushrooms.

True that Apoth. I would agree that a dose of MDMA would take some of the fear away and that mushroomy edge you get.From what ive heard from friends the MDMA certainly dose seem to potentiate mushrooms somewhat and certainly does take away undesirable fear/feelings, Altho maybe these feelings are something one has to face themselves? Level 5 is a full on emmersion into the world of the mushroom :) can be very personal and strange, best to be done in nature and not a crowed club lol :wink:

Level 5 is rather personal IMO but heres mine.

I had one of those dreams a couple weeks ago before the long weekend, it took place in my home which is reasonably large. I wouldnt really say there was any fear involved as i was extremely comfortable in my surroundings. Slight anxiety coming up but thats to be expected, it helps to walk around slowly and enjoy your surroundings. (for me anyway), I have paintings which line my hallways and id watch them come alive, sort of like they were windows you could pop your head into and look around. Id look out my window and get that camera effect in movies where the foreground comes at you and the background moves to the distance (although this is common on anything over 3 in essence for me). I then went and found a comfortable lounge and reclined to watch reality fly away, from there it was a total disconnection off visual connection, it was vast visual/soundscapes (merging with the cosmos?) which your quite beutiful as i was in awe. The head fuck is sooner or later surely to arrive, for instance id phase back into my surroundings and be looking at my legs and wonder what the hell they are then figure i was a actually a person which was an awesome feeling. Getting towards the major head fuck side of things where everything is a question that just cant be answered, i started thinking 'i took a drug' 'why would i do that' 'for this' 'what is this' etc and that further moved into something which i cannot explain, the only explanation for it is 'i lost my mind', sort of like 1-2 second memory and being in an asylm. After that i started to what tv where i felt i was actually there and they were talking directly to me which was pretty good.

Sorry if thats a bit all over the place i was recolecting as i was writing. Id also like to point out there was no fear in the head fuck stage just massive confusion.

And then i woke up with a bit of a headache :)

Anton

well, on a visit to the dam e few years back I had a pretty hard experience,

They sell ready packed doses there at varying strengths. A friend and myself tried the strongest they had and found it yeah, very strong, but manageable, a bit in town and then a bar for a while, before retreating to our hotel to ride it out, conversation was ok and the visuals were good.

Next day we decided to double this dose, against the shop owners advice, he said the packs were specifically packed for the dose.

Well anyway, we spent the day curled up in bed, I was waiting for death to come and take me. When it came on, we had a picture of very light pink bears in our room, and these imprinted themselves on my vision, and I couldn't get rid of them. There was some uncontrolable laughter, but this soon left us.

I couldn't open my eyes or walk, my core temperature dropped so that I felt hypothermic, the visuals, well I can't remember, but my eyes were screwed shut so I don't think there was much, but there was a storm in my head its the only way I can describe it.

Thoughts flittering through winding themselves into terrififying realitys

At one point I distinctly remember that I had been eaten by a fish, and I was caught in its belly and that was probably where all the blood was coming from.

It came in waves stronger and stronger, and at the peaks it was simply terrifying and in the lulls just fear of the next peak

when it started to receed the relief was immense and I found my friend had had a very similar experience, that is we both thought we were dead.

As a side note, we later took about 100mg of mdma, which had absolutely no effect what so ever, I guess our serotonin and probably dopamine had been purged from our brains!

Anyway, Sleep was hard for days afterwards, and I found myself at venice beach, a complete wreck three days later, where I should have been having a ball!

Never again, I mean It was very retrospective, but too hard to draw anything significant from, just relieved to be alive!

I hope this fits into your idea of a level 5 experience, if it doesn't, I don't want to go there -_-

quote: I reckon MDMA potentiates mushrooms.

farking oath it does

the MX

if cid is out of town is a fine play

it may have been mentioned before but shroomies can kill any hint of the wednesday blues

maybe its just like how they reset migraines

Level 5............. Well, u just can't really put it into words.

A few things that were noted In jst 6 hours I managed to watch 3 of the best movies that had ever been on tele, especially that late at night, on GWN! all the way through to morning. Also within that six hours I spent probably about 24 hours staring into the top left corner of a black lite room staring at the glow in the dark cosmos, being emersed in it. Complete loss of memory in other stages. I spent a few hours drawing and empathising with the world. All this in what I know was a six hour time span, spent sitting on my bed. I never remember coming down,I remember seeing my dad get up for wrk, at sum time I just fell asleep and woke up a few hours later feeling fresh and invigorated.I never noticed hallucintions, but in hind sight, most of it was hallucinations. Maybe this was a level 5 dream, maybe not. It was the result of a 14yo, eating 50-70 subs, not knowing any sort of dosage rate(although I ate the last 30-40 honeyed rooms cause they just tasted so damn good!) Thats when I hit the level 5! :blush:

In other dreams, Twice as many rooms have been ingested, but with completely diff results, maybe level 4.(Had real trouble pissing!!!!!!!!!) Floating balls and speres/bubbles of vibrating/changing colours. Auditory hallucinations. This happened after I felt straight, smoked a bong or two and shot straight back up there. Damn the uneducated 15 yo I was, where was erowid then for our safety and dosage info? The net truely has made it safer for the experimenters. After this I never saw a sub again for 7 years. They really are an anti-drug drug.

This was dreamt of when I was young and dumb. I would not recommend it, but I never regret it. was a good learning experience, although maybe at the wrong time of my life.

ive had a couple of experiences i would say fit into the level 5 category...

The most momorable was the first time i dreampt of subs... I had dreampt about recieveing powdered love light and having absolutely no idea of potency, and whilst writing an essay for uni, ate a teaspoon full of powder expecting a light 'inspirational/creative/energising' experience as we were commonly utilising gold love light rather then copper.

Anyhow, at about 15-20minutes, i realised i had somewhat overshot the desired outcome... 45 mintues in and the walls were bending and pulsing/pulsating and i was getting the tyypical alice in wonderland shrinking and expanidng sensation. It was at about this time that i told my grandparents i was getting a headache and was going to have a sleep.. "if anyone rings tell them im not here"

I took the precautionary piss to make sure i could wheather the preceeding afternoon in the confines of my own space without interruption, on returning to my room i found it difficult to walk through the doorway, each movement left tracers and almost all solid objects appeared to be morphing/melting in and out of shape.

by about 60min-75min in i was in bed under my quilt, experiencing ego death/complete obliteration...

I no longer thought/percieved things, i was simply 'being' and most of the following experience was on a purely visual/auditory level of experience... There was no interaction, moreso i was 'downloading'..

I was in a green frosted 'hyper-real' realm and there was a giant pyramid with an eye in the middle of it that was dilated and blinking sporadically. There was a sea of symmetrical pulsating fluro hieroglyphs surrounding the pyramid and every couple fo seconds each of the three visible points of the pyramid sent out huge flashes/lightning bolts of bright light/energy that dispersed into the sea of hieroglyphs... I could hear the familiar interdimensional soundscape that i usually experience in divine monkey time, however it was a lot less static, more fluid, and ebed and flowed with the bursts of energy from the pyramid...

Each time there was an eneregy burst from the pyramid the huge dilated eye blinked just prior to the burst...

Its hard to explain how 'precise' and 'deep' this experience was, and how distant the real world was... i felt as tho i had been dissolved into this interdimensional space, and each time the eye blinked and the light shot out from the pyramid i 'felt' the energy flow through my body as if the sea of hieroglyphs was 'me'...

I have visited this 'space' on numerous occasions, however there is only one other dream that compares in terms of lucidity and vividness... This time it was a much shorter glimpse, however this time the eye was above the pyramid, and the pyramid was made up of thousands of other pyramids... All of which had one hieroglyph on each of its faces/sides... Each time the eye blinked the pyramid seperated into the thousands of seperate pyramids that all rotated/oscillated on masse until there was a completely new combination of hieroglyphs, then re-combined.. Each time this happened the one big pyramid would display a different array of hieroglyphs on each of its sides/faces... It was again fluro green and very symmetrical and precise, and again i had the otherworldly soundscape, and each time the pyramid seperated it still maintaind its pyramid structure, just with a space inbetween all the singular pyramids. It also had a certain level of synchronisation in its mechanism.. The pyramids werent oscillating/rotating randomly, rather with mathematical precision, and witht he same number of rotations/oscillations as each other and in similiar directions... When they joined back together they 'clicked' and there was a sense of completion and intactness, and a very deffinate code/ pattern/program was being followed. Whilst the pyramid was 'whole' there was a sense of awe and stillness and the soundscape was very serene and deep, and when the pyramid was 'active' there was a deep resonating vibratory soundscape and it felt like each combination was being 'programmed' into me.

Whilst i cant quite recall the length of time i spent 'in there' the first time on the initial level 5 copper love light dream, i do recall coming 'out' and having a lot of trouble grounding myself/becoming coherent and having a lot of trouble becoming familiar with physicality and awareness... My mind was rambling and i had the familiar 'fuck ive lost im im stuck im going insane' sensation/thought process until a small smoke and some music was inbibed, and in time some food and drink to bring me back 'in'...

I havent quite deciphered the meaning of this space and each time i relay the information it feels it becomes a little more accessible in this realm and a little more coherent in terms of linguistic manifestation... However it is something i can still see super clearly in my minds eye, but something i have quite a lot of trouble relaying... In some ways i feel the information contained within such experiences exists on a level beyond that of common awareness/understanding/cognition.. that the information is a lot deeper then our ability to comprehend written or spoken language..

IMHO I've found working up to higher dose dreams much more controllable, enjoyable and I can cope with the curling up in bed obliteration stage and get out of it quicker. I know what to expect. At any dosage I find myself wanting that ambigous initial stage to hurry up though. Heavy emotional trips can come on at lower doses easily enough too, even when your in a good mood. Very variable stuff shrooms. I find lower doses much better for philosophical thoughts, problem solving, etc so I only bother with higher dose dreams if I want filthy visual experiences and these have always been the best on fresh potent flush cubensis from netherlands stock. I could never draw, go out to a club or watch movies etc on heroic doses, just flop about for a few hours in a trance. My one high dose sub dream only ended up in blurriness and laziness unfortunately and Im yet to experience a copelandia blue meanie dream. I've had quite visual lower dose sub dreams though that have been great, but I do find subs give me subtle pains in the head as they're coming on for some reason that I dont experience much in cubensis dreams.

Meditation/self hypnosis is good - I like slowing my deep breathing right down, almost to the point Im hardly breathing at all - it feels awesome about half way into a dream when you're in a comfortable zone and can relax effortlessly into such a thing.

On one particular high dose netherlands dream with a mate we both experienced seeing copious amounts of molecular wisps or spirits - a bit like micro-organisms through a microscope or a film of oil on water or very much like the cover art of Alex Gray's in 'DMT spirit molecule'. They were floating around everywhere, sort of calling or reaching to us. It was way beyond the normal psychedelic perception changes but a whole other tryptamine world where it seemed like the stitching of the universe opened up and revealed electric blue, white and black light energies of which we were just another thread. The deep electric blue colour seemed to be in the corners of everything binding reality together. Lower doses I see predominantly red and greens. There didn't seem to be a difference between open eyes and closed eyes with that trip either - it was all incredibly clear fine grained, dripping, coloured pixel and diamond amazement. No wonder Shulgin calls psychedelics 'treasures'. That night we were on the crystal ship wondering if we would ever return to our lounge room and also wondering if we actually WANTED to return :D

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think level five is a place I would definately like to visit someday. I find high dose mushroom experiences much less frightening than high dose lsd experiences, so going into oblivion with one or the other I would have to choose the mushrooms, although I expect it to be more frightening than dxm's fourth plateau. Thanks again.

I find high dose mushroom experiences much less frightening than high dose lsd experiences

--hmm...not sure. my friend says on high dose LSD he was always aware that he was tripping--even when 'things' got hairy; however high dose 'shrooms combined w/MDMA, took him literally to another dimension, where he sincerely believes he was 'tested' & 'warned off' by unspecified 'entities' in a very intimidating envoiroment. when he failed a test the 'contact' was broken, & the whole dimension faded from his memory like a fleeting dream & all he was left w/were the vague feelings ov contact & the realisation that he had narrowly avoided some unspecified calamity--like total insanity.

after 20 years ov psychedelic use, that trip (& prior experience w/salvia div 5X) has made him quit. he even stopped smoking MJ, as when he got stoned he got unpleasant "flash backs". now he just uses MDMA once every couple ov months or so.

Looking on shroomery, most of the trip reports for level five really sound like level two.

Even here, these reports fail to deliver a level five. Only Apothecary's "motherfreaking terrifying" comes close, perhaps because it doesn't elaborate.

I'm genuinely interested in knowing what level five is like

So was I, so I fasted for a day and in the evening washed a large jar of mycelia-colonized wheat with cranberry juice and drank it. The onset was immediate, rapidly progressing through bendy legs, wiggly visuals and swooshing ears, to cold sweats and nausea. The nausea faded into a storm of visuals; deep, howling, wordless voicings; then a babel of spontaneous glossalia and involuntary writhing - everything: arms, legs, back, fingers, tongue, eyes; I was mad, dessicated, and possessed; then a long come down into a confusion of jumbled, monosyllabic concepts; and finally ebbing moments of clarity and relief; and I was again.

And how does it compare to breakthough experiences with other drugs? Thanks.

Everything I've tried withers in comparison. As terrifying as it was, I was glad I did it alone. If my partner, or friends had witnessed this, it would have been extremly confronting. I am permanently altered for it: all drugs present with underlying flashback anxiety; even robitussin at the recommended dose.

Edited by auto