The Corroboree
Auxin

entheology.org

I registered to entheology.org and filled out their questioneer and was declined membership ( :huh: thats never happened to me before) but the strange thing was the way I was declined. I got an email talking about how they are "not a 'conventional' internet forum whose purpose is simply the discussion and exchange of information, experiences and opinions" but are a "close-knit community that works together in a shamanic way for planetary transformation".

:blink: That sounds strangely cultish to me, a secret organization plotting the transformation of the human race.... not a normal sounding rejection anyway.

Based on the data on the public side of their site I didnt figure they are the entheological intellectual elite of planet earth, its mostly just a well presented repetition of very common info, so I figure they didnt reject me cause they know me from here and regard me as a dumb ass :wink:

So, yeah, just wondering what the deal with that place is.

I registered to entheology.org and filled out their questioneer and was declined membership ( :huh: thats never happened to me before) but the strange thing was the way I was declined. I got an email talking about how they are "not a 'conventional' internet forum whose purpose is simply the discussion and exchange of information, experiences and opinions" but are a "close-knit community that works together in a shamanic way for planetary transformation".

:blink: That sounds strangely cultish to me, a secret organization plotting the transformation of the human race.... not a normal sounding rejection anyway.

Based on the data on the public side of their site I didnt figure they are the entheological intellectual elite of planet earth, its mostly just a well presented repetition of very common info, so I figure they didnt reject me cause they know me from here and regard me as a dumb ass :wink:

So, yeah, just wondering what the deal with that place is.

On the basis of this I tried signing up - no email, no probs (i'm in dude, i'm in!!! :lol: ). Try signing up through a different email address maybe? Good luck :)

can you access their forums tho? when I signed up I got a confirmation email & password straight away but couldnt access the forums and 4 days later I got a email saying membership denied.

man, if you just poked a button and got in someone out there doesnt like me :lol:

ive signed on also

well see if i get rejected?

entheology? Sounds like a hippy version of scientology to me. :lol:

heres the questionaire

IMPORTANT: Include your NEW MEMBER INFORMATION (Username) found below in all responses

to us.

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the forums at Entheology. We are a unique community of compassionate people who explore consciousness together, with “entheology,” reconnecting to the essence of the divine within oneself, as the central focus of our community. Some of us work shamanically with Plant Teachers such as Salvia divinorum and other legal entheogens. However, partaking of entheogenic substances is not required for membership.

We strive to make our ad-free, private, and privately funded forum into a safe haven for authentic expression and exploration of the

transformational process. We value in-depth sharing of feelings, insights and experience in a safe and sacred cyber-environment, so we are quite mindful that exchanges between members be respectful, compassionate and polite. This is not a place for mentally-focused critiques, competitive attitudes, sarcasm, flipness or personal criticism and judgments; nor is it the place to “convert” anyone or insist that they subscribe to particular points of view.

PLEASE VERIFY YOUR AGREEMENT WITH EACH OF THESE STATEMENTS:

1. Confirm that you are at least 18 years of age.

2. Authors, reporters, thesis students and the like are not specifically banned from joining the forum but are required to state clearly their intentions in the application letter for obvious

ethical reasons. Unauthorized quoting of material from the Entheology.org Forum is prohibited.

PLEASE NOTE that ALL materials (including ideas, photos, files, etc.) that have been published on this forum remain the intellectual property and copywritten material of the author(s)/photographer(s), and may not be used or published elsewhere without the written consent of the owner(s) of the material.

3. Sarcasm, rudeness, outbursts of anger, arguments and personal attacks are not permitted. It is OK to disagree but not to "diss" ~ many viewpoints are included here. Failure to adhere to this

guideline can result in dismissal from the forum.

4. There is absolutely no spamming allowed on the forum. Members' personal or commercial websites may be promoted ONLY in the Trading Post and General Store forum. Any posts regarding illegal or quasi-legal items will be deleted and can be basis for dismissal from the forum. All transactions are to be conducted through PM (Private Messages), and are done at members own risk. Entheology admin is not reponsible for, nor will intervene in, any disputes.

5. Please keep in mind that any time you admit to illegal and/or incriminating behavior, you put yourself and others at risk. Do not express intent to break the law here. Any discussion of illegal

activity should be couched in hypothetical terms. Our forum is reserved for conversations regarding the spirituality of such sacred plants as Salvia divinorum and other legal entheogens, as well as

mineral and animal allies and the Arts. If you are uncertain about the legality of a topic, please do your research first. Failure to "keep it clean" can result in dismissal from the forum.

AND PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS:

6. Please state the name of the forum member who has referred you ~ this is important, since member invitations are reviewed first, and are top priority.

7. Please tell us a little bit about who you are, including a few words about your spiritual or inner life, and why you are interested in joining us:

- What is your spiritual path or life journey?

- What are your spiritual "gifts" and "treasures"?

- What (if any) shamanic training have you had?

- What steps are you taking to harmonize your life with forces of Nature?

- What are the most important values in your life?

- What does "Entheology" mean to you?

8. Please tell us something about your history on other internet forums, entheogenic and otherwise:

- Have you generally been a frequent contributor, an occasional contributor, a lurker?

- Have you found your participation to be rewarding?

- Are you generally considerate of other members of the community?

- How do you respond when people disagree with you?

- Have you made personal friendships through those forums?

- Have you had personal problems with other members?

- Were they resolved or do they continue?

9. If you have little prior experience with online communities, please tell us how you envision yourself in regard to your interaction with a community of differing opinions and/ world views.

What do you feel you can offer this community? (Even if your main desire is just to learn from other entheogenic explorers, your feedback, comments and questions on others' explorations are

valuable; we don't want members whose sole intention is to lurk. Extended inactivity may result in dismissal from the forum.)

~*~*~*~*~*~

We welcome explorers at any experience level and look only for benevolent, relatively mature and open minds ~ and, above all, for respectful and compassionate attitudes.

Our concern is to encourage responsibility for the safety and security of the members, as well as to promote mature and sensitive discussion of sacred plants, animal and mineral allies, creativity

and indigenous peoples. We welcome new perspectives, but we take great care in selecting those we feel would be comfortable with us and likely to become active, contributing members of our evolving community. We regard membership here as a privilege, not a right.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Once approved, you need to make at least one post to introduce yourself on the "NEW MEMBERS AND MORE" forum. If you have not posted anything within 7 days after admission, your profile may be locked.

ALSO: PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN ALL E-MAILS!

Thank you for your time and interest; we hope to hear back from you soon.

With warm regards,

Entheology Admissions Staff

------------------------------

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:

Your registration must be approved by the admissions staff and message board administrators before you may post messages. Please be patient while we review your profile and replies to the questionnaire.

well its one way to play

ill fill inthe app and see if they accept

if so ill nominate you Auxin

Putting it plainly Auxin, a forum that rejects you - well the loss is entirely theirs

Putting it plainly Auxin, a forum that rejects you - well the loss is entirely theirs

Thanks man :D

And thanks to both of ya for checking that site out :)

y is it that there are so many completely useless ethno forums out there and only a handfull of good ones?

see it as the blessing it is teo- intellectuals seek out intellectuals and thus fill the good forums and make em better, people who just want to ask if you can get stoned off smoking potato chips join the first forum they find with a cool background image and others trying to smoke potato chips.

Granted, it makes good ones hard to find for the serious ethno/entheo nuts too... but thats how the game goes.

It comes across as a pile of elitest hoo-har, Im not sure if I would even WANT to join a community like that... but then again, maybe Im not good enough to join in the first place.. hmmmm.

so where do you guys like apart from here?

id spend time at EBA, and the nook mainly

a little at the shroomery but mostly lurking

am i missing any hot locations?

Read my mind rev.

Just here for me- best damn forum around :D

I used to frequent EBA before its troubles began and I peek in on others now and then- e-dot, the sinicuichi group, etc.. when I get bored to see if they came up with anything we've missed :wink: And sometimes I track down sites plagurizing my work just to make em feel uncomfortable :lol:

I've looked at the nook before but somehow got the impression somewhere that it was just a tweaker den (meth group), I think cause it was mentioned with rhodium and the hive a few times, maby I should join so I can see those hidden forums.

There are a variety of ethnobotanical forums and the like out there, it just depends on what a person is looking for I guess.

Among a few sellect others, the Corroboree is one of the better ones IMO.

I occasionally check out the lycaeum, but it's a pretty unruley site. Entheogen.com has a pretty good archive. Ayahuasca.com the same. DMTworld..... blah. herbalsciencesinternational.com has some potential but hasn't sparked up just yet.

Gosh yah know theirs a good book out there that used to be updated every year (I don't know if it still is) called the psychedelic resource list by Jon Hanna that has all the goods that I highly reccomend picking up. My earliest copy is from 2000 thats like 150 pages long just on resources. Vendors, email groups and internet sites, gardening/lighting, mushrooms, religious and professional groups, periodicals, seminars/gatherings, smart drugs, pharms, exc. exc. exc.

Edited by Andy the Great Something

yeah its here EBA and the nook for me, cruze the shroomery for shroom stuff but. in my opinion nook is only good for its cactus and chem section.

With a little thinking I think a past unpleasant experience, as for a

unpleasant U.S. drunken Indian leader forum.

Might be trying to ressurect its putrid head.

[We are constantly in search of shamanic cultures and traditions, doing our small part to preserve and to promote the sacred knowledge that has been demonized by modern Western society. We also offer concise and unique information for any modern-day spiritual explorer interested in shamanic study. Join our private forum!]