The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
simon_marklar

Getting Ibogaine to sprout in sydney

Hi Guys,

So its been a few weeks and i see no activity in my ibogaine seeds. i know its been cold lately in sydney (just as i got the seeds too, dammit!) but they are in my computer room, which is usually at about 25-32 deg from all the electrical eqipment, they are in coarse sharp sand (one lot was baked at 200 deg, the other not) and have the obligatory coke bottle green house, they get a small watering twice a day to keep the humidty up and the top sand moist. its been well over 2 days and nothing has happened.

can i save them? any hints on what i've done wrong?

Ive had mine for weeks. Its not hot enough. put a heat mat underneath and warm up to 40 or something

I simply couldn't get it hot enough. :(

Sliced the last one open today and it was no good.

yep mine were a waste as well :(

:crux::crux::crux: rest in peace.

and i am in melbourne, hehehe the odds were against them

damn. i got bottom heat on them but nothing happening. damn damn damn.

i found it really funny how as soon as i got my seeds the temp seemed to drop 10 deg :)

anyone in qld feel like trying with my last two seeds? i'll send them to ya and if they grow i'd like a cutting pls :)

anyone in qld feel like trying with my last two seeds? i'll send them to ya and if they grow i'd like a cutting pls :)

Hey man I will put my hand up for that!

I'll pm u!

Edited by tribal dreamings

wow that was fast. both seeds are going to new homes. i hope you guys have better luck than me.

if anyone has a seedling or cutting of this plant i'd really appreciate it.

Yeah, I had no luck with my seeds. Put some in sterile coarse river sand and some in seed raising mixture. Its pretty hot and humid here in North Queensland, so temp wasnt an issue

Has anybody had success yet, and if you did, waht did you do to produce the results?

anyone?

i admit i did not try as hard as i could

ie fluctuating day night temps and no fungicide

after 1/12 weeks in spaghnum i inspected seeds to see 8 dead 2 still firm

those are now sealed in a ziplock on sand/coir topped with spaghum

well see

no luck here either

Yeah, I had no luck with my seeds. Put some in sterile coarse river sand and some in seed raising mixture. Its pretty hot and humid here in North Queensland, so temp wasnt an issue

Has anybody had success yet, and if you did, waht did you do to produce the results?

Your max temp would be about 35deg C and your max night temp is probably 28. That puts the average at 32degC. You are not full humid tropical, so your soil temp would be about 7 degrees below ambient, which makes it 25 degC. That's still about 10-15 degrees short of the ideal germination temp for this species. The rainforest where these thigns grow rarely gets any cooler than 35degC and is usually over 40degC. The soil would be about 4degC below the ambient. So 31-40degC SOIL temp would mimic the natural conditions well.

OK. Looks like I'll have to set up a hot grow chamber for my next attempt. The harder plants are to germinate the greater the feeling of acheivement when you succeed!!

I also had no luck.

5 seeds in commercial "seed raising mix" covered in spagnum moss a few cm from a double fluoro over my fish tank all rotted before geminating. (3weeks 25C min to 35C max) Too cold Im guessing.

I pulled open the seeds; all seemed to have very thick woody coats compared to the germ. If the seeds need to be shipped in dry(ish) moss to prevent germination in transit and a dried seed coat prevents germination maybe try scarification? (I dont know, if it isnt working for anyone someone should try something different.)

Mine were all dead befrore I even got to plant them, I took them out of the bag 3 days after receiveing them and everyone was squishy. :( Oh well, at least I tried., really looking forward to buying some plants next year!

I left the seed on a light to keep them warm while I was away, but the light got turned off and all the seed went mushy in the cool moist conditions. I didn't think any of these got sent out, but there might have been a couple of shipment. I will track back through the shipping slip and replace any that might be affected. However, I am in no condition to tackle this just yet as I got back home with a very nasty flu and it will take a few more days to get my head straight.

I still have some seed in pods, but need to check on their condition first. Any orders that might miss out or that can't be replaced will be refunded, so folks, please don't stress just yet. I'll know more later in the week.

Given ideal conditions germination rate of seed should be over 50% already and will probably go to over 70% as time goes on.

anyone get any seedlings up,or are these seeds a rip off?

seems like the bodo has hit the gala for a change of his own brand of love, no germs for you!

Edited by Happy Cadaver

Hi,

seeds which have mold on it are dead, aren´t they? A few weeks ago i sowed out about 30 seeds but none of them have germinated yet. Some are moldy but a few still look like new. I´m not sure why these haven´t came up. From the last batch i had 2 germinations. bye EG

so not one single person got these to germinate?

cmon people, there must be someone who did?!?