The Corroboree
solomon

Delosperma cooperi

Edited by solomon

I have never had direct experience with it, though it does have the goods, some of the bad spice along with the nice, The powdered Juice + Plus a native maoi might result in a ayahuasca spin-off. ^_^

Does this plant actually grow in ice?? Is that why its called a Ice Plant??

Worth more research, Especially if its wild all around you.

I hear the dryed juice is a fantastic additive to a great all herbal smoking blend.

Really depends if you like the 5 meo.....

You from kiwiland?

-Vual

Edited by vual

get the notes on fermenting sceletium from herbalistics !

put herb including some roots in ziplock bag or jar and wait for it to ferment.

smell turns nicer when ready[?].

t s t .

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4176&view=&hl=how to ferment sceletium&fromsearch=1

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=quick_search&search_author=planthelper&search_date_start=&search_date_end=&search_app_filters[forums][pCount]=&search_app_filters[forums][pViews]=&&&search_term=how+to+ferment+sceletium&search_sort_by=relevence&search_filter_app[forums]=1

just realized this should be in cacti and succulents..

anyone have info on d. sutherlandii?

delosperma is much more like sceletium than anything else I've been able to compare it to

fermentation of delosperma seems like a good idea

letting it sit in warm dark conditions before juicing it might also be a good idea

I also Have found this stuff just growing Around any ideas on How much maoi Is needed With It and Does anybody know of any Adverse Effects..

vual, I think it is called ice plant based on its appearance. Usually when I've seen it, it's been growing in sand or sandy dirt.

Also, it isn't mentioned in the relevant Trout's Notes, but if Delosperma is so similar to Sceletium isn't it possible that it also could act as an SSRI? If so, there could be some problems with combining it with a MAOI. Maybe someone else knows more?

I think its called ice plant based on cold hardiness....

also, is there someone than has or can properly identified this and can also post some photo closeups [flowers, stems, growth habit, leaves etc] ? I also got a couple of candidates, that might be it...

I have wondered about the common pigface (Carpobrotus) around here, there are a few different types that grow wild near me.

Have Carpobrotus ever been reported to have a similar chemical content as Delosperma ?

Edited by mac

deb one amine say's something wrong and dangerous, as racketemensch pointed out.

never NEVER mix MAOI and SSRI'S.

it's called ice plant because of the apereance, the whole family is placed under the name aizoaceae and i think to remeber this means iceplants.

aiz = ice

now i just read that deb one amine thinks at the seed exchange you can use argemone seeds as aya MAOI.

deb one amine you make many dangerous remarks, stopp from doing so, as you clearly have no experience or knowledge in this field!!

Edited by planthelper

deb one amine say's something wrong and dangerous, as racketemensch pointed out.

never NEVER mix MAOI and SSRI'S.

it's called ice plant because of the apereance, the whole family is placed under the name aizoaceae and i think to remeber this means iceplants.

aiz = ice

now i just read that deb one amine thinks at the seed exchange you can use argemone seeds as aya MAOI.

deb one amine you make many dangerous remarks, stopp from doing so, as you clearly have no experience or knowledge in this field!!

I belive deb one was asking a Q about how much maoi was needed to activate 5-meo-dmt in deosperma it was racketemensch who asked if it had sri activity not deb

does delosperma cooperi have sri activity? i wasnt aware of it. it was mentioned that the ideal way to prepare this herb was in the same fasion as one would ferment sceletium.

it must be planetry or somthing i had simple misunderstandings with velvet yesterday

you might need a coffee planthelper peace bro :)

mac>

I have wondered about the common pigface (Carpobrotus) around here, there are a few different types that grow wild near me. Have Carpobrotus ever been reported to have a similar chemical content as Delosperma ?

I don't think so, but you can also check Trouts notes [link given above]

BUT, I reamember reading one or both of the Carpobrotus species are edible, like a vegetable.

ph>

aiz = ice

so aiz = ice in latin, you say?

please explain how/why these plants are linked with ice, cause it's really not clear.

Some delospermas are really cold hardy, and I have heard lots of times this to be the reason behind the common name...

• Like 1

yes lofty, delosperma's are ssri's.

aizoaceae are called the iceplants because of there appereance, like sceletium has a icy glitter on the leaves.

im sure in german the family is colloquially called eiskraut = iceherbals.

ok i did a search, see!

copy from this site:

http://www.henriettesherbal.com/eclectic/madaus/mesembryanthemum.html

Mesembrianthemum cristallinum. Eiskraut. Aizoaceae.

Mesembryanthemum crystallinumName:

Mesembriánthemum cristállinum. Eiskraut. Französisch: Ficoide cristalline, herbe à la glace, glaciale; englisch: Ice plant, crystalline; italienisch: Erba cristallina; dänisch: Isplanten; tschechisch: Lýkovec obecný, ledovnik.

• Like 1

oh I see, thanks!