The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Brisbane EB Group RIP, wake up

Is the Ebriz email ring still running?

This would also be a good way to organise meets.

If so, I would love to get the details.

Just a reminder that the next meeting will be on the 5th of November so leave that day open .

Any ideas for it?

Just bumping this to the top, Who's comming this time if it's still happening. Meeting at gom's place like usual?

I'm writing it in my diary right now.

Just thinking of fun ideas we could do

If weather permits maybe we could go on a mushroom identification foray? - maybe a little earlier

Just looking through the excursions we had planned there is mention of a general inebriationg session and a bbq

Alternatively, we could try and book either the botanical gardens / roma st parklands and have a mini daytime party with loud music inebriants and sausages!!! its been done before and was awesomely successful

- Sound exploration with entheogens (heima of course) – organizer required – discussion and jam, possible musical collaboration, could write a communal track, acoustic and doof…working with acousitic sounds to create space - That one we could do at gomaos, if the space is still on offer this time??

anything else, i personally like the idea of roma st or botanics, but if you cant make it gomaos, i really like the idea of chilling with you at your sexy plant palace :bootyshake:

I like the idea of sound exploration.

If uni wasn't in the way so much, i'd be asking for people to jam with. Not that i can really jam with my laptop, but hey, i can make some wierd sounds.

Not that i dont like will's place but i'm kinda keen for exploration. I remember a long time back, walking through the botanical gardens feeling so peaceful..

I like all of the ideas been thrown out there, BBQ, Chill at Gom's, Exploration for some i.d of fungi friends, Music Collaboration, Gardens expedition..

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and looking forward to meeting some new ppl too

Cya guys there

Are you guys still taking noobies on board.

Ive finally got my car back so Im hoping to make it, finally.. LOL

After all the rain and now the nice warm weather there should be some fungi around to look at so Im with you on that one dodie303

Once again I will be missing the meet.

hmm...I wonder if I will ever show up to one... or if it has been predetermined for me to never be able to attend ???

-bumpy

So what's it gonna be...

the gardens;my place; or somewhere else...

I'm easy...

If you can make it out, i would like to try and organise a day party type event, my friends got some speakers and we can book a section in the park where we can chill out and listen to nice music whilst talking plants. If that falls through tho i am totally at ease as to what we do, youre place might be nice so everyone can bring their cuttings which are no doubt flourishing at this point in the year.

If you can make it out, i would like to try and organise a day party type event, my friends got some speakers and we can book a section in the park where we can chill out and listen to nice music whilst talking plants. If that falls through tho i am totally at ease as to what we do, youre place might be nice so everyone can bring their cuttings which are no doubt flourishing at this point in the year.

Are you talking Mt.Coot-tha?

Whatever the case I hope to make it this time. (no, seriously.. ) :wink:

I spoke to the man with the speakers, and he agreed that it should be done. These guys have a relationship with the roma st parklands people (in the city, but really nice) And so with enough notice we could have a day there for sure. Rumour has it they have spoken with the mt cootha people as well and something might be organised there.

But first i wanna hear some noise from people first (esp gomaos to see if you can make it) To make sure people will actually attend and to make sure this is a good idea in peoples opinions.

So yeah let me know please! Whether you wanna do it or not, and whether mt cootha or roma st is preferable

Imma comin. can help out with some decks and mixer and can play some chill if needed.

I spoke to the man with the speakers, and he agreed that it should be done. These guys have a relationship with the roma st parklands people (in the city, but really nice) And so with enough notice we could have a day there for sure. Rumour has it they have spoken with the mt cootha people as well and something might be organised there.

But first i wanna hear some noise from people first (esp gomaos to see if you can make it) To make sure people will actually attend and to make sure this is a good idea in peoples opinions.

So yeah let me know please! Whether you wanna do it or not, and whether mt cootha or roma st is preferable

Hey Guys,

I've already contacted Gomaos, but I just stumbled across this thread. If newbies are allowed at these meets, then most definately count me in. I'm just putting my hand up here so that you can guage numbers of the keen amongst us.

PM or email me with details (if they're kept private), or with abusive rejections of my request to join the fold :)

Cheers,

NP

I'll put my hand up for Mt Cootha Botanical Gardens....i'll still go with the flow though..

Well my friend has emailed roma st and mt cootha, there is gonna be a hire fee. So were gonna have a bbq as well and there will be a donation box there for all who wish to help out.

Neurofarmer, you are more than welcome to join, most of the brizeb group are relative newbies, and i think thats a strength in a way, we signal the new wave of ethnobotanists YOUNG AND RADICAL YEAH!

No, but brizeb started with the idea of no politics, leaders, ranks, etc, just fun hanging out in the moment. This may have led to a certain lack of organisation, but thats what the group dynamic is at the moment. im just happy its stuck together, i have certainly made some valuable connections through this forum and im sure others in the group feel that way.

So please make all the effort were going to for this uber-ultra-awesome-fully-sick-mate-meet worthwhile and come talk plants amongst the plants this November the 5th !!!

You might want to get Andy to update the calendar entry re bbq etc.

Where did we get a mentality that newbs weren't allowed?

This is like the 5th time i've heard something like "if im allowed to come.." or "if you dont mind the uneducated" :huh::huh::huh:

Anyone is welcome whether you've been before or not, and whether you can even spell EB or not. the more the merrier and you'll always come back more knowledgable then you left and thats the important thing

The newbie firewall was created for the camping trip and for some reason from there it has been mentioned for the sydney meet and now the briz meet. Worst of all there seems to be no consistency. eg, one persons says no newbies at the camping trip because it is too intimate and another says no newbies at the sydney meet, but prefers they come to the camping trip because it's easier to split into private sub-groups during a camp.

Personally I hope the organisers of these event get a clear policy together and state this at the beginning of the respective threads, because it is starting to put a lot of newbies off getting involved. I mean, the regional meets were originally designed to allow newbies (ie that used to be US) some face to face contact with everyone else.

Seriously, if you plan to do stuff that makes the presence of newbies undesirable then maybe you should organsie your event by PM ratehr than publically, or at the very least make your intentions crystal clear right from the start (eg camping trip).

I find this newbiephobia quite off-putting

The newbie firewall was created for the camping trip and for some reason from there it has been mentioned for the sydney meet and now the briz meet. Worst of all there seems to be no consistency. eg, one persons says no newbies at the camping trip because it is too intimate and another says no newbies at the sydney meet, but prefers they come to the camping trip because it's easier to split into private sub-groups during a camp.

Personally I hope the organisers of these event get a clear policy together and state this at the beginning of the respective threads, because it is starting to put a lot of newbies off getting involved. I mean, the regional meets were originally designed to allow newbies (ie that used to be US) some face to face contact with everyone else.

Seriously, if you plan to do stuff that makes the presence of newbies undesirable then maybe you should organsie your event by PM ratehr than publically, or at the very least make your intentions crystal clear right from the start (eg camping trip).

I find this newbiephobia quite off-putting

Personally, I don't care who shows up, you can check the thread, I even said the police commisioner was welcome! Like you said, if it was a private affair I would've organised it that way.

The problem is people have complained to me about being worried about newbieX or newbieY (yes more than one person has complained about more than one other person) and I have to say something.

The comment about splitting up the camp was hyperbole, maybe I didn't make it clear enough. I meant to say if people were uncomfortable with the newbies at the camping trip then I would hang out with them even if nobody else would, where this simply isn't possible in a short meet.

If there's one thing that I detest, it's interweb politics, and I've had my fair share organising this tiny thing, you wouldn't believe.

I still consider myself a newbie here, and where would I be without some of the trust and love some of the forum members have shown me (especially you T)? Nowhere except ungratefulville.

EDIT: I think I should make myself even clearer. In m opinion newbies at meets are fucking great, I am quite respectful of the Adelaide meets where I hear newbies frequently turn up and are just as frequently amazed by the depth of tantras info, hell I want to go to an Adelaide meet myself!