The Corroboree
Distracted

Enjoyable non-sugar drinks. Are there any?

Nah, Chai tea is the one that tastes like dirt. Redbush tea just tastes a bit like normal tea, but different (can't really describe it better :P ).

^

Dunno which lame-ass chai tea you've been drinking, but the chai i drink tastes nothing like dirt!

I dunno if water kefir would count as a non-sugar drink as you feed the culture sugar, but if its cared for properly it makes quite a pleasant bubbly drink. Very good for your tum too.

I drink an herbal kava tea (sold in supermarkets here in the US) that is sweetened with stevia leaf. It is so sweet that adding honey makes it too sweet for me!

We also sell a bunch of sports drinks at my work that are sweetened with stevia, which is supposed to have a low glycemic index.

I always prefer naturally sweetened beverages, since I believe that aspertame and other artificial sweeteners have not been adequately proven safe for long term consumption, and at least in the case of aspertame, was approved by the FDA rather unscrupulously (link here for more info)

And huffington post reports that diet soda drinkers are at greater risk for diabetes than regular soda drinkers... go figure (link here)

Edited by Mr. Bowser

i'm a fan of rooibos tea... tons of antioxidants, caffeine free, and alkalizing!

Another thread reminded me that saffron is a nice addition to water.

I'll also give vote to lemon and mint. Great on a hot day.

For a cold day cardamon tea is also a fave. Shuck a few pods, let it steep for awhile... nice!

As for chai, a good batch needs at least an hour or more on the brew. yum.