The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
quarterflesh

2 id's and some snaps from a cactus garden

Question

20 answers to this question

nice pics

first one is PC pach!

and the two other pictures look like peru, nice n blue, good score.

oh my god!

cactus heaven !!!

that TBM is f**king insane!

• Like 2

Wow that is an amazing cactifarm... Pic #13 in Bruce's backyard, I think is a gorgeous Pachanoi... gawk

Yeah the first pics are definitely just like a PC Pach, (I thought those were just in usa) maybe a bit dehydrated but thats how they look with alot of sun @ white and light brown flower pubes

TY for sharing!

Edited by Spine Collector

yeah i got 2 cutting from the TBM and the segments are as big as my fist the things on crack. shame about the first pics being pc pach. iv never seen such fat cactus for the arid environment (red cliffs NW vic) and soil they were in and he said he barely waters them as well. il be visiting him again after easter when i take all my other cactus from qld to mildura to go live on the farm haha

his cactus collection is only 13 years old. he also has a lot of birds behind all the cactus and on the other side of his house his mrs does succulents. i asked him if he new about SAB and he said he didnt even know how to turn on a computer.

i got that 6 foot cut of blue peruvian, 2 rooted TBM's and a 3 foot rooted tip of bridgesii for $20. score and a half

• Like 5

You should tell him that PC's drink like a fish... other than being dehydrated pretty ugly, they seem to be flowering alright

nice score... I'd be Jealous if I didn't feel lucky as shyte to begin this year ;)

• Like 2

great pics quarterflesh!

Would you happen to know the name of the cactus on the left in the second-last image?

• Like 1

if you mean the hairy one it could be Cephalocereus senilis (Old man of mexico) or Oreocereus (Old man of the Andes)

but also it could be others... looks like one of those two with a haircut

• Like 1

if you mean the hairy one it could be Cephalocereus senilis (Old man of mexico) or Oreocereus (Old man of the Andes)

but also it could be others... looks like one of those two with a haircut

no the one behind the hairy one to the left, see the latest thread in this forum.

• Like 1

Second Last Pic should be Spachianus, Cephalocereus Senilis and Trichocereus Knuthianus or Cuzcoensis. The hairy one on the pic before is a Pachycereus pringlei. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

Dude that peruvian is sooooooo worthy to be named! I guess Bruce is already taken but what about Peruvian Bruce??? It's up to you mate but since you got a cut and all, why not give it a label so we can keep track of it's journeys :)

• Like 1

^ It might already be named... it looks like 'Tipz' macro to me, but then again I always mix up the peru/roseii/macro clones from VIC. And given the age of the guy's collection and his location, I am guessing that some of his trichos are from the old gardens around VIC. The 6th last picture looks a lot like 'Super Pedro', and the 7th last picture looks a lot like 'Psycho0'.

Oh and I knew I had seen that bridgesii somewhere before (I either have a photographic memory or I'm a massive Tricho nerd... I'm leaning towards the latter): http://forum.auscactiforum.net/t248-another-one-is-it-t-bridgesii . You can compare the growth between 2008 and now. :)

Edited by TheExplorer
  • Like 2

lol thats crazy. i spose the bird cages are a slight give away

and in your link it looks much plumper!

lol thats crazy. i spose the bird cages are a slight give away

Yeah it was the bird cages. And I only looked at that thread a little while ago, it's not like I remembered it from 2008, haha.

and in your link it looks much plumper!

Probably just the dry weather of late. A few good soaks would plump it back up.

Does Bruce take visitors mate? Or was it just a chance meeting that you guys had? I was thinking of heading down to VIC some time to check out some of the older gardens and I'd love to have a closer look at his.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by TheExplorer

No idea mate, hes a friend of a friend and it was a last minute idea to go see him. If your keen pm me and il ring my mate down south and get Bruce's phone number and address.

That's a beautiful garden you've found quarter flesh. That blue peruvianus is a ripper. Those deep red sand arid zones are perfect for cacti from what I have seen. I think you can have lots of fun with cacti on a farm at Mildura!