The Corroboree

I have just finished reading James Oroc's "Tryptamine Palace".

Along with Jeremy Narby's "Cosmic Serpent', Power V's Force, and Mckenna and Grof's books this must be near the top of the all time greats.

The book cover understates the genius within.The Sonoran Desert Toad ,Burning Man and The Akashic Field get a prominent mention but it is this and so much more. A journey into the nature of consciousness and Quantum Physics ( that can be understood!). I am 60 and have read a LOT of books. This stands out as very special.

Simonr

I found the first half entertaining and an enjoyable read however when the author starts lifting large sections of text from others work to better explain his thoughts I started to switch off.

I really enjoyed his adventures looking for the desert toads.

yeah its an enjoyable read but is not ground breaking, much of it is just an amalgamation of other authors ideas. also I didn't like how he belittled traditional tryptamines in favour of 5MEO, surely they all have their place. but for sure its entertaining and the toad hunting adventure in the sonaron desert and description of the resulting experiences adds a lot of credibility to what he is saying.

great book and much needed for us to get a handle on all the different tryptamines and just how different they really are.

it's looking more and more like each and every different psychedelic needs it's own book in order to really get to the bottom of what they are.

having read a hell of a lot of books in this genre i must say it gets harder and harder for authors to bring something new to the table. it must also be challenging for them to have to incorporate the whole history and summaries of the psychedelic movement for readers who are new to the subject. i find most books on the subject have about a quarter new and interesting stuff and the rest is just the rehashings of history etc needed to ground their new ideas and give background. great for first time readers of the subject, not so good for those of us who are up to date on it all. for example...you only need to read two or three of Grof's books (say...The Cosmic Game and When The Impossible Happens)...if you've read those you'll find he just repeats himself in most of the other books.

makes me think i need to stop writing on here so much and get to work on the great australian psychedelic novel.

Enjoyed this one!

Recent book by Martin ball deals with similar comparisons of various tryptamines against a background of fiction.

Called 'beyond azara', well worth the time it takes to read :)

I pity the poor Sonoran Desert Toads when the season opens. There will be a milking frenzy from one side of that country to the other. Crazed long haired Burners howling like wolves in the new moon.Beautiful to the right kind of eyes.

The discussion of consciousness underlies James Oroc's book. His theory is that g/d as he calls it ( as distinct from our preconditioned response to the three letters GOD), and us and everything that was and will be, all lie in a field of cosmic consciousness.Contacting this cosmic consciousness field can come about through everything from the N.D.E., to meditation and yoga in the Himalayan mountains for half a life time. Or in this case by ingesting or smoking certain compounds (all of which are interestingly nature based).

Personaly I wouldn't turn down an invitation to meet g/d but the price is never cheap!

The separation of consciousness and the physical body seems to be a critical part in accessing 'higher consciousness".

I have unfortunately been associated with a Near Death Experience and it fits with the author's description of the effect of 5MeO-DMT.

Timelessness is an epiphany worth the search.Salvia helps. Once you have entered a timeless zone you know that immortality is possible. It sounds like 5DeO also provides this experience.

The state of Bardo as described in the "Tibetian Book of Living and Dying" and James Oroc's comparison to the 5Meo experience are worth thinking about.

It would be nice to hear from anybody with 1st hand experience of 5MeO-DMT to get their thoughts on it.There have been some interesting points made above and it's good to hear of other books that have opened our eyes.

Edited by simonr