The Corroboree

hi!

this puzzle does contain only two stones of same figuration...

post-70-0-89672800-1336198517_thumb.jpg

red cedar and silky oak.

ph_2 piece puzzle1.JPG

ph_2 piece puzzle1.JPG

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 2

And you made it planthelper ?. I like the look of that pattern. .Red ceder and Silky oak are a great combination.

I have a thing for wood and like to sniff it. People at Bunnings just don't understand

:)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

yep, i made it, but a while ago, 1st time i played with them since a long time (explains the white ant dirt).

post-70-0-32700500-1336200676_thumb.jpg

i like wood without, paint or varnish (as in the pic).

puzzle.JPG

puzzle.JPG

Edited by planthelper

Do you have instructions maybe on how to build one at home?

edit.. spelling

Edited by Chef's Foreskin

Do you have instructions maybe on how to build one at home?

the pic's explain everything.

you could cut the shapes out of cardboard, but even cutting cardbord is dangerous, so be carefull!

cut out the two shape's, and trace with a pen, on paper, than you will know if your angles are right.

playing with those pieces, can give one insights into how one functions, more later. :)

lol, I will try.. If its ok, I will post pics here within the week once I attempt it

I have a thing for wood and like to sniff it. People at Bunnings just don't understand

Is there a story to that Amazonian?

I have a thing for wood and like to sniff it.

:o

:o

I love to sniff wood too, my dad taught me to appreciate wood, and always got me to smell the wood he was using in his projects. Huon pine is where its at :wink:

Having said that, as i get older and my sight and hearing are deteriorating i am rediscovering my sense of smell and am rediscovering the beautiful smells different woods have, but most of all discovering the fine scents held by different fungi. and of course food.

• Like 1

Is there a story to that Amazonian?

I love to sniff wood too, my dad taught me to appreciate wood, and always got me to smell the wood he was using in his projects. Huon pine is where its at :wink:

Having said that, as i get older and my sight and hearing are deteriorating i am rediscovering my sense of smell and am rediscovering the beautiful smells different woods have, but most of all discovering the fine scents held by different fungi. and of course food.

Phew! So you know where i am coming from obtuse, i was worried it would look like i had a 'wood fetish'. Its just like smelling a flower hey, smelling wood. It can carry a bit of spirit/scent for quite a while as it dries. Its like an incense.

yep, i made it, but a while ago, 1st time i played with them since a long time (explains the white ant dirt).

i like wood without, paint or varnish (as in the pic).

You did a great job planthelper. Top marks !

Bees wax is good on timber to bring out the color and grain pattern, nice and natural.

i totally get the wood sniffing, reminds me of days of old at my granddad's house...

lovely creation there PH.

The smell of Jarah and them trees down Denmark way, excites me. Also that boat building Tasmanian wood.

Excuse my EXTREME lack or terminoligy and spelling.

Edit: got caught up with smelling HARD WOOD. Very nice piece there PH. Quite a prize. How long would it take for some with mild problem solving ablilities to solve?

Edited by eatfoo

The smell of Jarah and Tasmanian wood.

How long would it take for some with mild problem solving ablilities to solve?

one can create totaly cool patterns with those shapes,

if a person is sick, they build, ugly shapes, instead of nice ones.

but i think it, can help to re wire the brain...