The Corroboree
Francois le Danque

So who else 'Rims?

dfssdfsfsdfsf

Edited by Teljkon

I think that not being able to read journal entries is potentially an issue with your screen and not with Morrowind. Kind of like saying Guitar Hero was hard because the sound on your TV is broken. While carrying a calcinator into battle was undoubtedly a pain, you would just leave it at home - having to use your home alchemy setup is equally realistic. It was actually really hard to cast powerful spells in Morrowind to raise your spellcasting skills. Why? Because they usually cost more magicka than your low-level character even has, and then your magicka points don't regenerate unless you sleep making the whole process laborious and inefficient. There were a lot of things in Morrowind that made the game difficult, were redundant, or were otherwise just plain annoying but for some god-forsaken reason I love them all.

Reading this back I sound like I may as well be writing Nerevarine + Azura fanfiction... maybe I am just an annoying, irrational Morrowind cheerleader..?

• Like 1

Morrowind cheerleaders are better than all the other kinds. I agree with you on the redundant and difficult things making it loveable.

Morrowind was by far my favourite game for quite a long time. Now I'm not sure what is.

Skyrim has still fucked up by losing spellcraft, limiting the amount of spells, giving spells to characters that are only available as you increase levels (I liked being able to buy a REALLY powerful spell that I had enough magicka to cast once at level 3), fucking with the amount of things that can be enchanted (no more permanent effect damage fatigue/health/magicka and pickpocketing them onto an enemy?), getting rid of chameleon, getting rid of levitation/jump spells (don't care if the cities are closed cells, if a mod can fix it in oblivion then they should have made it that way), getting rid of collectable crafting tools (loved being able to find grandmaster quality retorts, calcinators etc), making it so only one enchantment can be placed on an item (or 2 [WOW!] if you have 100 in enchanting), still leaving out mark/recall and the intervention spells, unkillable core characters, making good weapons armour not worth shit (ebony and glass items were like.. 12,000 gold apiece in morrowind... well worth collecting), providing quest markers on the compass/map (doesn't matter if you can turn them off, the game wasn't designed to be played with it off - Morrwind relied on the journal to provide directions to where you needed to go and if you had to find something, you actually had look), putting fucking 8 gold pieces inside a chest with a master lock rating, including SO MANY doors with a 'needs a key' rating that just simply shouldn't be there, giving characters keys that cannot be pickpocketed because of some irritating script event relying on you killing them, getting rid of unlock/lock spells, getting rid of spears, including so much dull real-world fauna, and probably a lot more that I can't remember.

..and amanitas growing in caves.

though i could NEVER be bothered completing a quest without them, what i don't like about the quest markers is that you can have fucking millions of them at once, and the landscape is made of mountains, so it's pretty useless to go directly towards the marker anyway. unless you have a horse. then they can just go straight up walls and shit. i love my horse. does anyone know how to name it? i will name it Hoarse.

oh also with the quest markers, the custom destination one is cool because it lets you differentiate between the others / you can mark one as priority. however it can also be not cool if, like me, you set it by accident in the middle of nowhere at all, then spend hours travelling there, then even more time trying to figure out why you are there :ana: .

I had a permanent zombie thrall that was a dead goat. I called him motherfucker. He fucks shit up.

sdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

If you're in Markarth, the quest in the prison is the only way out. Nobody escapes Cidhna Mine - except you when you escape. In all other prisons you keep 1 lockpick and there are secret exits if you can find them, though you still would need to get your confiscated gear.

Do you not quicksave often? I hit F5 pretty much every time I attack someone I think could be important (read: unkillable), but yeah, the Morrowind approach to this was much better. If you kill a main character, they die, and you get a message saying you've doomed the world, but you can continue playing as that character.

asdfasdf

Edited by Teljkon

I think the bounty will say "added to the Reach" or somesuch, and is regional (ie each Jarl has his own jurisdiction).

I'm trying to find all 8 dragon priest masks without using any guides or walkthroughs. Got really excited when I found one last night, now I have 4, including the one you get in the main quest line. Really would like to know if anything special comes from having them all.

SPOILER: And bringing them all to Labyrinthian to make my altar complete.

sdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

Playing all weekend to drown my sorrow of not going to EGA. See ya all after the weekend!

peace

I think the bounty will say "added to the Reach" or somesuch, and is regional (ie each Jarl has his own jurisdiction).

I'm trying to find all 8 dragon priest masks without using any guides or walkthroughs. Got really excited when I found one last night, now I have 4, including the one you get in the main quest line. Really would like to know if anything special comes from having them all.

SPOILER: And bringing them all to Labyrinthian to make my altar complete.

Nice sheather i'm only on 2 so far. Do you know if you obtain all of them during quest lines or are there some where you have to just find a dungeon and go in?

Those that I have found have been pretty random. I've found 2 through quests that you get on entering the dungeon, 1 from main storyline, and one from another quest, and one completely out of the blue at a certain place.

I'm finding the game is getting too easy, the stagger effect on destruction spells is very powerful, and I rarely have to do anything other than Lightning Cloak, then Lightning bolt them periodically to stagger.

Think I will reroll a warrior next run, and turn the difficulty up to master, and play only hand-to-hand (it could actually get strong as a khajiit with heavy armour perks and enchanted gloves/ring. Maybe)

I just don't know what to do with myself now that the (rather short) main quest line is done with. I'm head of the mages guild, not really feeling the flavour of a mage-thief or warrior or assassin, so I have no part in the other guilds, and after the stuff I've done the other little side quests seem a tad pointless.

The Dark Brotherhood questline I actually found to be really engaging, much moreso than any of the other guilds.

sdfsf

Edited by Teljkon

Well that is what happens in all the guild lines isn't it? At least that's the trend. I remember in Morrowind being the head of Fighters, Thieves, and Mages guild all at once... The same was possible in Oblivion. You could become a VERY important person, barring that you also save the world. I wonder if they'll ever make a game with not-so-high aspirations.

I thought the mages guild quest was a bit slapdash. By the end of it perhaps one in-game fortnight had passed, and everyone was like "you're the obvious choice blah blah" and I was like "Whut? I've been here like a week! What about that dude who's been here for years?"

sdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

Yeah the over-arcing stories are pretty similar, but I think the difference in the games lies in the details and scenery. I spent so many hours exploring Morrowind. Days. Once you figure out a bit of the game you can just front up to certain dungeons and get epic level loot at level 1, but that was half the goodness.

Also - far too many locked doors that need keys in this damn game.

EDIT: Yeah the librarian seems a good choice to me. Been with the guild for years!

Edited by Sheather

sdfsdfsd

Edited by Teljkon

Great game. Been tired at work last 2 weeks due to late night missions. Im a level 16 high elf warrior I think. Just completed retrieving the elder scrolls from Blackreach and might get back to some side missions before heading back to the throat of the world. Game is bit glitchy at times though.

dfsdfsdf

Edited by Teljkon

Some of you guys have the weirdest race/class combinations. Although I can't say much, I have my heavy armour sneakthief khajit that fights with a bow and fists. High elf warrior and wood elf mage were two combos that I never thought I'd see.

Yeah sheather the mage's guild was the first quest chain I did, but you really should try out the theives guild. Quest chain is quite fun and interesting and took my at least 5 hours of playtime.

well i been pretty much hooked, havent had much time to play as im doing 10 hour split shifts atr the moment so pretty buggered but upto level 19 now. Just trying to kill the old leader of thieves guild now and i think i have killed 6 dragons so far :) i love exploring and randomly running into dragons !

the other thing i love is being able to run down just about any hill no matter how steep. the charachter like sticks to the walls means it is heaps easier to get down mountains coz u can walk off just about anything

Edited by DarkSpark

I think you will find that if you "sprint" down some hills you will get airborne, and if it's steep enough you will take fall damage from the falls. I had a hell of a time trying to get down mountains, until I realised the "become ethereal" shout negates fall damage as well.

*Shouts, then jumps off the highest cliff he can find*

*Lands it like a boss*