The Corroboree
ThunderIdeal

TWEAKERS THREAD- Caring for Your Body

I will second the paw paw, big thumbs up to that.

Also as has been stated above a whey powder of some sort - if you are serious about getting a decent one go to your health food store and ask them what they would recommend. I like to mix mine with rice milk.

peace

In my past experiences the biggest factors for feeling like shit the next day/s are malnutrition, dehydration and jaw clenching and tongue chewing.

Malnutrition.

Make sure you eat lots of good food in the days leading up and around 5hrs before, its amazing how much of a dif this can make.

Sustagen Hospital Formula is GOLD!

Try the choc flavour mixed with some Milo and Natural maple syrup mixed with a barmix or similar, heated in the microwave in a really big glass.

I used to absolutely destroy my body by not eating/drinking enough on stims.

Dehydration.

It doesn't matter how much water or tea or juice you drink you will more than likely end up dehydrated because of electrolyte loss through sweating particularly if your at a stuffy indoor dance party/club.

This becomes pretty obvious when you get the that point where water doesn't feel or taste good anymore and your mouth gets dry again 2 seconds after the sip.

Once at this stage the more sugar in it the better the environment it is for bacteria, tongue carpet, decay and periodontal disease etc.

The only things that will help you now are salts, even just adding a teaspoon of salt to your cordial is magic but I use a effervescent powder from the chemist call Salvital.

http://www.epharmacy...evitaliser+375g

Once you drink some salts (or take some salt tabs) your mouth will come back to life shortly after along with your body and brain.

Plus lefts face it, all that increased fireing of transmiters and activity in your brain that your looking for cant happen effectively with out good levels of salt in your body to help transmit them and you will just end up a little crazy and heading toward psychosis a lot faster.

The thicker your blood and the lower your electrolytes the faster you will become psychotic.

Mouth.

Try doing different things with your tongue, I swapped from sliding my tongue between my teeth and just plain chewing my tongue for rubbing the tip of my tongue against the back of my front teeth or the roof of my mouth.

This helped a lot but still lead to ulcers on the tip of my tongue but its the lesser of 2 evils.

The magical ointment for this situation is BONGELA anesthetic gel. tastes like back jelly beans and numbs the area quickly.

I also suck the inside of my mouth sometimes like a lot of others and this can result in super painful lumps rising in your mouth the next time you eat or drink something thick like milk.

I've found the best thing for this is to push them back down with my tongue slowly and gently over a minute or two and or use Bonjella.

If you cant get anything other than water and your dehydrated try holding water in your mouth while you breath, replacing it when its gone.

This will allow it to keep your mouth wet and the air comming in your throat/lungs will be moist instead of dry further helping to rehydrate you or at least prevent you from dehydrating further.

EYES.

pink eye can be common although less so now that people aren't sniffing grams of glucose, the biggest factor to be conscious of is keeping your dirty fingers away from you eyes.

While were at it, keep your filthy fingers away from you face all together particularly when coming down!

The most common thing that does the most damage to peoples faces and is clogged pores from sweating and oil and DIRTY FINGERS, so tweaking out picking at your skin or even looking in the mirror for longer the 3 mains while buzzing, DON'T DO IT!

Mantra, your only making it worse ohhmmm, your only making it worse, ohhhmmm..

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 2

2ltr full cream milk.

thanks andy. that was quite enlightening for me especially the emphasis on electrolytes and why it's not good if they have sugar. i shall add all of that to the original post eventually.

this thread is still my baby, just been too busy to update

i may have found the holy grail of caring for your body during long periods of being awake! especially during winter when the dryness of the air is exacerbating all those problems with dryness. unfortunately it will only work if you're stuck in a room or house, because it's a device for humidifying the air indoors.

http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/vicks-vaporizer-unit-v188/

http://www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php?item_id=49802

i need to get crackin (ahem) on some of these ideas. my dentist said i am only using a quarter as much recreational drugs as i should, because the gumline decay was isolated rather than spread across all of my teeth. doctors orders.

(jokes aside that would have been from pot, as it was long term decay)

ALERT

can be cut more than 90 percent now, and people can't tell because they're used to looking for other signs. dunno if it can be cleaned either. it's pretty obvious if you are paying attention and aren't trying to kid yourself. if you play this dirty fucking mugs game with a thing made out of glass then consider that it might be wise to change tack soon, or just wise up to the notion of scrutinising chemical properties and for the love all that's holy don't reward their scum tactics.

Good tips Andy..

I definitely speak the merits of sustagen... Ensure powder, and also fortisip drinks, are both used in hospital settings to feed those unable to stomach solid food so they could probably be a step up even.

Combining this with a GOOD multivitamin also helps a bunch. I use the Swisse Ultivite preparation which has not only vitamins, but minerals, multiple anti-oxidants and also herbal extracts (like panax ginseng and ginko) in it as well. Expensive stuff but is the better one out of the variety I've tried.

For dehydration the best electrolyte supplement to use is probably hydrolyte or gastrolyte instead of gatorade or whatever. Always part of my kit if going to a bush outdoor event in summer.

Edited: Shouldn't post after drinking. Needs to be more discreet.

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-
  • Like 1

i can't remember if there was still a facade of subtlety in this thread but i guess there isn't now.

IMHO, it is fine to dilute many things. maybe an act of greed but all that happens is that the thing becomes more diluted.

with shard it isn't just diluted, the whole reason to smoke it goes out the window. the people responsible are fuckheads of a high order. they will be loving this and one can only hope that consumers grow a brain and don't accept it.

time to look into sourcing gas.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

so ummmm, i haven't seen any modern herb vaporisers. i was wondering if anybody can give me the name of an electronic vape with

glass bowl

adjustable temperature (those digital readouts look cool),

can be used with a glass tube instead of a plastic whip (like this except there are god damned holes in the tube!)

(i guess the "carb" could be covered with a fingertip? why does a vape need a shot hole like that anyway?)

AIWxl.jpg

optionally, has a car adapter like this one ^

and yeah :) i imagine that from bowl to mouth is nothing but glass, and i guess it would have a hole at the bowl end to allow air to flow in. it's hard to see what's going on using just pictures, i can't tell if the vapour travels through random plastic cavities or what. what i am seeking could be likened to a glass ball pipe with a heating element strapped to the outside. no "screens" (whatever they are) or detours for vapour to condense on unfavourable surfaces.

any help is appreciated, even terminology that will assist my googling

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Bump

Piracetam is outdated, i wonder what would be a good modern sibstitute or whether such a thing is really doing anything helpful apart from making you smarter

On 28/06/2010 at 8:46 PM, ThunderIdeal said:

DISCLAIMER: nothing i say carries any authority. i just mop up information, good and bad.

however some of the people who provided much of this info are pretty cluey so it may or may not be a good lot of advice

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

let's say you've been awake for ages, i dunno maybe you took some stuff. staying awake and doing stuff really fucks with your body, what can we use to buffer some of those effects eg dry sore eyes, tattered mouth etc

i'm assuming (wrongly, i bet) that you are all mature and responsible, take ownership for your actions and have a sensible grasp of PRIORITIES. i don't want to delve into keeping a healthy state of mind. i'm really just interested in making a guide to help keep your body from going to tatters. i link body-related stuff, especially the mouth, with a gigantic drag and/or distraction which focuses your energy frivolously.

i rate keeping the mouth lubricated, but above all else, caring for your body is an every day thing, it isn't just to make up for unhealthy things you do. keeping a good outlook and a sound mind is also an every day thing. the better you are at taking care of yourself regularly, the better you will probably be after an unusually long period of being awake.

i've also included harm min (full credit to alchemica) to reduce neuro toxicity and whatever

GENERAL

- no MAOI's

- drink water, frequently, but monitor your bodies feedback. i think sometimes your body doesn't want a drink.

- eat.

- don't fritter your energy away, fidgeting, clenching, yapping.

- try meditating.

- there is a pre cursor which can help restore your neuro transmitter levels. at this point i'm not advising that it be used for several days after, this could increase neuro toxicity... but then again it will stave off the psychological hangover... feedback?

- MODERATION. shit is fucking toxic man. fucks you up all kinds of ways.

AMINOS

"Protein powder (WPC) with each meal and some fibre to go with it. Rather than taking individual amino acids, the full spectrum protein powder is probably a better way to go. Supplemental L-tyrosine or L-DOPA alone could probably cause more problems than they are worth - might be best for the days after.

most of us know a bit about l-tyrosine and l-tryptophan, precursors to dopamine and seratonin. they are a natural part of our diet. their riskier cousins are l-dopa and 5-htp, i see no reason that these are necessary but if using 5htp, taking it with EGCG could reduce conversion to serotonin in the gut, meaning more bang for your buck and less queasiness. probably make tyrosine and tryptophan a part of your regular schedule, and take them leading up to a binge by all means but probably better not to use them during. there may be reason to believe that taking both, instead of just one, is the way to go. torsten recommends tyrosine when you start your day and tryptophan when you're finishing up the day to maintain diurnal rhythms or whatever. tryptophan has the added difficulty that it competes poorly with other aminos to cross the blood brain barrier - have meager or zero protein intake leading up to your tryptophan dose for best effect. these two aminos are only useful if your neurotransmitter levels are depleted.

HARM MINIMISATION

A high potency A-Z multivitamin, additional B-complex formulation, several grams of omega-3 a day"

several grams of omega 3 seems like a lot to me but i'd probably listen to the man anyway. note that krill oil, while much more expensive, is supposed to be a superior formulation of omega 3's. the ratios are closer to what the body wants and it's a stronger antioxidant, plus no fishy reflux.

Omega 3 for general health, reduce the inflammation and oxidative stress, a deficiency induces changes in dopaminergic neurotransmission(http://www.jlr.org/c...tract/43/8/1209). Probably no point if it's not something you regularly use.

vitamin D3/calcium

Attenuates the dopamine and serotonin-depleting effects of neurotoxic doses: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17105922 . Attenuates neurotoxicity in dopaminergic neurons http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16758362 . Lots of other roles it plays in general well-being and it's easy enough to be stuck inside and miss out on sunlight. You do have to be careful to not over do it with the supplemental form.

a fat soluble antioxidant like alpha-lipoic acid (R-ALA) or melatonin

R-ALA for the antioxidant properties. No need to be using lots of antioxidants all at once, just throwing some options out there. I'd avoid Vitamin C on it's own because it's hydrophillic so it will struggle to get to decent concentrations in all areas of the brain and will speed up the urinary excretion of the stim at the doses you'd need (can be good or bad). In studies testing it's effect against lipid peroxidation and other reactive oxygen species it didn't perform as well as ALA or EGCG.Good to use in small doses during and large ones after you're finished to flush the metabolites and left over initial stuff out of your system if you want.

Melatonin if you can get the dose right and not get clouded thinking. Probably try and dose at night, even if awake, to maintain some sort of diurnal rhythm. http://dx.doi.org/10...9X.2010.00761.x

Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG/green tea extract). Plenty of positive effects: http://dx.doi.org/10...res.2006.04.071, http://www3.intersci...244019/abstract etc.

Omega 3 for general health, reduce the inflammation and oxidative stress, a deficiency induces changes in dopaminergic neurotransmission(http://www.jlr.org/c...tract/43/8/1209). Probably no point if it's not something you regularly use.

Immune boosters like garlic/echinacea/zinc or lactoferrin, along with the extra vitamin D3 might help in winter to avoid getting sick.

MOUTH

chelated magnesium to decrease clenching

some people use mouth guards or pacifiers if they are bad clenchers.

FIND A WAY TO MINIMISE CLENCHING, GURNING, GRINDING AND THE LIKE

throat

symptoms: sore throat, dry throat

drink water.

you can buy tooth paste, gel and liquid for dry mouth. the liquid and gum are amazing, well worth it, the gum is probably a more convenient method but has the same effect (foamy, almost imaginary spit) this is really important, it will protect your teeth, help your mouth to relax and keep it in working condition. it's all a bizarre cycle, keep your mouth happy and your compulsions will be less inclined to destroy it. try to preserve saliva.

one of these products is a mouth spray which is extremely beneficial. reason being that the area around your tonsils, and that dangly thing in your throat, are extremely hard to wet and always end up sore. the spray can be applied directly onto these areas.

there are actually lots of products if you find the right chemist. there is a mild mouthwash with mouth enzymes, for instance, and bottles of replacement/artificial saliva (i forget what they were called, dark liquid quite expensive). all of these products look promising.

lozenges? to prevent infection mainly. not sure if these are good.

teeth, tongue and gums

symptoms: distracted by irregularities, teeth chip and fall apart over time, tongue and gums get shredded from grinding, tonguing, gurning and the like

drink water, keep your mouth wet, (us the dry mouth formulations mentioned above or preserve saliva)

maybe best to see a dentist and get your fucked up teeth looked at. holes and stuff are distracting.

keep your teeth clean.

lips

symptoms: cracks, dryness

papaw ointment or almond oil. different types of product, both long lasting.

there is also vaseline and regular lip balm, i think the above two are better.

fancypants recommends for general lip maintenance to exfoliate with a toothbrush, moisturise (with?) and seal the moisturiser in with vas'.

EYES

symptoms: poorly lubricated, collect debris, tissue can get a (probably tiny) highly irritating tear/cut

there are several formulations for dry eyes, some come in a large bottle and others come in little boxes of about 20 single use vials. they are all rather difficult to self-administer so it helps to hold your eyelids right open and get somebody else to do it. they are more of a shock when they are cold or drop from a height.

they are all quite perishable so use them up.

here are some:

- polyethylene glycol and propylene glycol - confirmed works well

- carmellose sodium and glycerin

- parrafin and wool fat (moreso for use before going to sleep, this stuff is a gel, you squeeze out a little worm of it from one corner of the eye to the other)

there is a formulation for red eyes whose active is actually phenylephrine hydrochloride. maybe this works because of it's vasoconstricting proptery to reduce red eye, but it might actually be a poor choice in this instance. we're after lubrication really.

MUSCLES

symptoms: cramps

probably a sign that you are straying beyond the point of moderation.

Chelated magnesium for cramps and a good source of balanced sodium/potassium electrolytes without too much sugar to sip on if you can find one.

tiger balm

warm bath or heat pack.. yes? no?

SKIN

symptoms: acne caused afterwards

not sure what causes this, suggest taking extra care with your skin during and for a couple of weeks after. lots of information around on dealing with this but alchemica has also suggested prescription gels erythromycin gel and adapalene as well as chelated zinc. use a rubbing alcohol to get rid of sebum, don't stress out, touch your skin excessively etc etc, heat and humidity don't help.

vitamin A may also assist.

thats a start. please contribute!!!

Amazing job ThunderDeal, I was temped to say overkill, but mate if I followed this 30 years ago, chances are my body wouldn't be rebelling on me now. All I can think to add is the eye drops can easily be aplided your self, no matter how messy you are, if you go in from the nose, sit the dropper on your tear gland and squeeze away and if you grind your teeth get lots of gum.

3 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

Bump

Piracetam is outdated, i wonder what would be a good modern sibstitute or whether such a thing is really doing anything helpful apart from making you smarter

Sorry mate I've never heard of Piracetam but after googling, it seems to be for memory, if thats what ya mean, Brahmi, Ginkgo, and Gotu kola all seem to work for me.

No such thing as overkill to a tweaker :P

Yes eye drops are easy but the tubes of stuff the consistency of vaseline are impossible, but inappropriate anyway.

Ive had people scream and flee when i droppered their eye because, i assume, the shock of sudden ocular moistening and sudden awareness of how much dust is on the surface.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

“The mainstream media mouthpieces for the establishment peddle false narratives, disingenuous storylines, and outright propaganda to keep the ignorant masses confused, oblivious to reality, misinformed, and passively submissive to the opinions of highly paid “experts” and captured fiscal authorities. The existing social order likes things just as they are.

They reap ill-gotten riches, wield unchecked power, and control the minds of the masses. They are the invisible government consciously manipulating the minds, habits and opinions of the multitudes in order to dominate society, control the levers of government, and accumulate obscene levels of wealth through manipulation of the currency and domination of the banking and corporate interests.” 

—Jim Quinn, Hard Times And False Narratives

Very true. Will look up this book! :)

It was just a blog but worth a read and very true.

Updating the main post to include a warning about addiction and a treatment for ulcers that aren't healing eg because the dodgy filling or chipped tooth that created them now rubs on their raised surface.

Stick it up your date, and u avoid all mouth issues. Feels better too, way more functional. Not a cerebral mess.
But better yet just try to avoid it, I cant fucken get off right anymore (sexually)... Killed my cock big time...   :(

Surely you would still gurn and grind and get a dry mouth regardless of admin route?  But yeah, constant long inhalations of hot dry vapour is doing no favours to an already dry mouth.

Seriously man I maintained ALL saliva...  You DO gurn, cause your stimulated but if u can control the gurning its heapppps better. Also there seems to be MUCH less gurning when u butthole it.
The vapours inhaled settle on your throat I think, if u hit it too quick, or exhale too quick it frosts your throat like it frosts the pipe. In the butt avoids this.
I don't think the gurning causes the dryness, it just causes damage. Think about when you swallow E's, you gurn yes, but is your mouth ever as horribly FUCKED as when you hit that pipe? (never for me)

But as for mouth moisture and general tonsil health and all sorts, the Anal RoA felt MUCH healthier for me, didn't fuck with my mouth nearly as badly.
I honestly didn't even enjoy smoking, I just loved sucking glass dick and cleaning glass dick and frothing over glass dick, the effects were too retarded man, no focus, dizzying.  Arse is much clearer.

Have u noticed the amount of black slime you cough up after a week long binge... NEVER used to fuck my chest up like that man...
They cut it with alll sorts of pre-work out powders and food preservatives (re-rocking, same melting point etc etc) so I wonder these days if the black slime is from the cuts...

Anyway, its a cunt of a thing once it grabs you. Doesn't 'grab' everyone, but fuck me it grabs a lot...

I used to meditate on it.  Quite well too, except there was always some part of my mouth that i couldnt ignore, usually a gap between two of the rearmost teeth.  

In my experience gurning and grinding is far more pronounced with ecstasy, although shorter lasting so probably not as bad for the teeth;  easily bad enough to wear at least one literal hole (like a crater) into your tongue.

• Like 1

I haven’t been doing it long but I get soooo lazy/unconcerned with everyday stuff. I’m currently psyching myself up to do the dishes :huh:

• Like 1

^ You sweet puff, and it makes you lazy? That's strange. Especially in the early days...

What about horny? I know girls can nut continuously, the pipe nearly makes it like that for men, throw cialis into the mix and your refractory time between orgasm (for me, a male in his early/mid 20's at the time) was literally 15 minutes.
Was insane, the desire was not lost either after multiple shoots, which was the bizarre thing about crystal. Jerk off for fkn days no sleep, barely any food either, scary shit.
Now I blow a load and the viewing material instantly becomes revolting as soon as climax is achieved. Refractory time now = day(s). Sleepy dick for a young man, is a disability.

Youre just getting old skellum although your reward system's ability to get excited over little things is probably stuffed.

Anyway no offense, i like your ramblings on the topic, i'd prefer to keep this suppository of ideas and suggestions reasonably on-topic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GypsyLee said:

I haven’t been doing it long but I get soooo lazy/unconcerned with everyday stuff. I’m currently psyching myself up to do the dishes :huh:

You shouldn't feel lazy until afterwards.

Using it for basic chores is overkill, unless we're talking twenty hours straight of basic chores (which you need to finish in ten hours)

2 hours ago, Skellum said:

^ You sweet puff, and it makes you lazy? That's strange. Especially in the early days...

What about horny? I know girls can nut continuously, the pipe nearly makes it like that for men, throw cialis into the mix and your refractory time between orgasm (for me, a male in his early/mid 20's at the time) was literally 15 minutes.

Was insane, the desire was not lost either after multiple shoots, which was the bizarre thing about crystal. Jerk off for fkn days no sleep, barely any food either, scary shit.

Now I blow a load and the viewing material instantly becomes revolting as soon as climax is achieved. Refractory time now = day(s). Sleepy dick for a young man, is a disability.

Useless bastard.     No wonder you can not work more than 8 hours a week .. :wacko:     

2 hours ago, Skellum said:

Jerk off for fkn days no sleep, barely any food either, scary shit.

4 minutes ago, smithy said:

Useless bastard.     No wonder you can not work more than 8 hours a week .. :wacko:     

I don't puff any more, where did you get this "8hrs per week" number from? I can't even do that... haha

On puff I used to work 55+ hrs a week... Work for the gear, gear for the work... PHUCKED cycle.