The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
.:Shadow:.

Blue Lotus

I had a search through the site & couldn't find any info on Nymphaea caerulea ( Egyptian blue lily ) so i thought i add it to the forums for others looking for it :wink:

Nymphaea caerulea also know as Egyptian blue lily or sacred blue lily, is a blue water-lily in the genus Nymphaea that grows along the Nile, Ross River ( townsville ) & many other places.

The Lilly contains the alkaloids nuciferine and aporphine.

Used in aromatherapy, Nymphaea caerulea is purported to have a "divine" essence, bringing euphoria, heightened awareness and tranquility

There has been much controversy about this 'Blue Lotus' ( even though it's not a lotus at all ) on the internet & other related forums all around with many stating that it doesn't work/placebo. . . I know different chemicals/alkaloids effects people differently.

Well i decided to try out this 'Blue Lotus' today after a week or so of research & must say that is is some pretty good if you have the right setting.

NOTE: If you use this for a high don't expect to feel much if not anything !!!

I went swimming the other day in my local river & collected 30+ Blue Lilly's, dried them & then bagged them.

( i felt bad for taking so much that i have brought 100 seeds from an online vendor & will plant them in 10 patches of 10, they are an extremely gorges lilly & might add a few to my pond/new garden )

Well today i have been at home all day, got nothing to do, been straight for 24hrs+ so i decided to tryout this stuff. . .

5pm - Cut up some of the petals ( 5g ) added them to a teabag & started to boil the jug of water

5pm - Cut up the flowers/bulbs ( 5g ) added them to a teabag, filled 2 large cups with boiling water & added the stuff.

( I dunked both tea bags for 5mins then let sit for 30mins then removed teabags )

5:50pm - turned everything off, put the fan on low, sat down and got comfortable. Started sipping both tea's

6:30 - Finished both cups ( one with petals the other with the flowers/bulbs ) each cup was 600ml's

Around 7ish i decided to start & see what this substance could do, not feeling anything but i knew if was in me.

NOW 7:55pm - over the last hour i have been playing with wind

( turning the fan off and on feeling some very warm shivers down my arms/legs/back )

Had 2 shots of my 50% rum

( im assuming this feeling is how people in Alaska feel when they have a nice warm shot of whiskey )

Any music seems to be very interesting making me lay back really mellow but mind kinda feeling like i just had a small shot of amphetamines ( not the feeling but the way your mind races ) Also i feel like i am on top of the world. . . probably a better way to put it is better than everyone else ?

I feel a great sense of well-being & just feel like i know everything & can deal with anything.

Really weird body stoned, none that i can even relate parts of it too but would kinda say i feel normal but a hint of psychedelic feeling ( you can't really notice it unless you change what your doing like: walk around for 5mins then sit down and try to get yourself as relaxed as possible )

Oh and bloody hypnotic like effects: I started to read over everything i just typed and just realized i have been looking at the 7th line for over 5mins now =/

It might go great with a movie, witch im going to try out now but yeah just thought i would get a topic of this started here & let you all know that i think it does work for everyone but since there looking for a "feeling" like mostly every other drug they cant seem to put there finger on it, but then again may be wrong there too ;)

Would love to do a lot more research on Blue Lotus over then next few months & will definably keep you guys posted !

Edited by .:Shadow:.

nice post!

i can't agree though with your statment that there is no info about blue lilly and lotus on this forum, as a fact ther is ton's of info and lot's of it even could be considerd bench mark quality info.

teo the old cacti mod lead quite a few discussions around the subject,

and naturaly friendly's snuffing of lilly pollen ought to be mentioned aswell.

and than there are the old posts going back to darklights active days, about lotus wine and such if i remeber correctly,

anyway doing more searching on this site you will find that sab is almost the home of lilly discussion,

so i'm sure your post is very well placed! :)

yep, lilly is very nice, to look at, and equally nice inside us, hehe. :drool2:

Edited by planthelper

What ? A New plant experience, and a post that copy-paste's info. WOW. Just..... WOW.

I've been lurking here for way longer than my registered name suggests. And Lotus/Lily has come up very, very often. Heck, I was importing the dried flowers from Thailand four years ago,

Anyway, it's a very nice subtle medicine, especially when steeped in red wine or a week. I'm actually thinking about brewing a small-batch beer with the flowers soon.

Have you personally tried it ?

I'm actually thinking about brewing a small-batch beer with the flowers soon.

lol i just copied & pasted the name & uses as i would of got it totally wrong ( i typed blue lotus into search but nothing came up on the first page so i assumed there was nothing )

8-9ish I couldn't feel/see to much but i was very calm/sedative so i made a damina tea, consumed & was in bed before 10pm.

I've got some in my 'queensland gold lager' and have put 10g in a bottle of red wine. Will consume the wine with a mate in 3weeks time ;)

Sorry for the post as you guys have apparently heaps of topics on blue lotus

My personal experience with lily is that the actives are in the pollen. I was collecting lillies for awhile and had to hand chop them before drying. By the end of the day breathing in all that pollen i could definately feel something. Like a mild (read really really mild) mdma roll except when i went to sleep i had no troubles sleeping.

I know plenty of people who use it as a smoking admixture as well.

Also shadow don;t feel bad about taking flowers, they are an introduced species.

Ok resurecting old thread.

First question is what happenned to the 'land of the lotus smokers' article that used to be around the site?, anyone have a copy?

Second q, is blue lotus considered the most effective, cause write now I am swimming very very nicely on blue lilly, for research purposes only, in accordance with sale conditions as listed on HHH label.

I grinded it up into a fine powder and put it under my tongue, this seems to be the most effective non-alcholic method as I also tried smoking and tea. Pls advise if maybe I should not say these things.

I was really impressed, and so any info about other lotuses or blue, would be really appreciated.

i think all differenc species are about similar strengh, all are worth while to be used.

we have disscussed lotus and lilly quite a lot here, so you are best of using the search function.

the thing is, that often members get tiered of going thru the same questions over and over again,

that means that at times one doesn't seem to get a lot of response, for even a good question.

the links you wanted were on the nymphaea page at the sab shop but appear to have been misplaced.originally published in the entheogen review.

search here for 'secrets of lilly and lotus' thread.

t s t .

found the links again on the 'education' page.

the search didnt return anything but this thread and another lotus seed thread. Must be my search ability. all good

Man I remember that thread,It was my first introduction to the Sacred Blue Lotus.

I think somewhere in the thread(there was another around the same time)after reading Darklight's recipe and report I ordered some and made an infused red...Cab/Merlot I think??

It was the nicest bottle I ever had for taste and effects.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Thanks for reminding me :)

Also T's Sargol Saffron is reeeealy nice on top of herb...only 2-3 strands needed.

I think the problem with the search engine is that you need to sort the results by relevance - the default is 'last updated'. I searched for Nymphaea caerulea and sorted by relevance an found heaps of info on the first page of results.

Sublingual eh, I wouldn't have thought of that...

Sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I thought it'd be better to ask here than start a new thread...

I am another Towsnvillian and have collected a bunch of blue water lily flowers from the Ross River as Shadow has, under the assumption that they were N. caerulea. Have only ever made teas from both fresh and dried material (petals, stamens, or the lot with fresh flowers) and soaked some in a red wine for a number of weeks, all off which has had definite, but subtle effects that I personally quite like, much like described above.

What I have now realised though is that these have not been caerulea at all, but rather N. gigantea.

So my question is whether others have had any experience with this species (gigantea) and noticed effects? I've had a search on here, and found a little bit, but not a whole lot and most mentions of it were several years old so hopefully there might be some fresh experiences now.

I see people saying that all/most water lilies are active, if this is the case, do the strength/effects differ greatly from caerulea much? I'm quite interested to see if anyone can compare caerulea with gigantea and share what they think?

I'd love to try caerulea now for myself, to see what the difference may be.

What time of year does it flower? I want to help you out with your inquiry. :)

Where I live the stuff is everywhere and flowers pretty much all year round. I don't know how much attention I will get at the local park if I go wading in the the pond though. About six months ago I dangled my partner off the bridge at our local and went home with about six of them. Promptly dried and mixed with some catnip, zornia and damiana.

After reading mescalitos post though, I am wishing now I had've been a bit more patient and steeped it in a bottle of wine.

I know red wine's the favoured way, but I personally wouldn't do that. Once you open red wine it starts oxidising, if you leave it to steep it'll be vinegar by the time you drink it.

What time of year does it flower? I want to help you out with your inquiry. :)

Well most seem to have stopped now, although there's still a couple out last time I went for a kayak which was only a couple of weeks ago. They've been in flower for a while though. The first I collected was about July last year so must have been some around then. Although I think they really peaked towards the end of the year. Might flower all year round? I haven't been able to check.

The wine option isn't too bad in terms of taste. I let soak for about 2+ weeks and was perfectly drinkable. Although I'm not a wine drinker to begin with, so although the taste wasn't particularly very nice, most wine isn't for me.

You are correct in saying that in Ross river that the plants are gigantea.

they are most certainly active

The closest source of caerulea I know of is down towards Ayr near the highway there are plants that have escaped a dam into the wetlands.

or there are plants on Hamilton island.

Hi all,

I thought I would put my 2 cents worth in,,.....

Order pure blue lotus oil from Shaman Extracts in the U.S. Highly recommended.

You get 3 mls for about $70 Australian or so from memory...

I have done the soaking in wine thing, tea thing, smoking it thing, other vendors extracts ( 100x extract from kt botanicals THE best if you want solids )...,etc....

BUT. Measuring .75 ml in a dropper of the oil to start with.... Have another .25ml after an hour and half at most extra ( otherwise 3rd eye area headache next day - this will happen with less for many also...but not a hungover type headache, much more subtle so bearable ) AND you have the best opiate , clean , euphoric high available from any where..

If you want to go to the next level smoke a joint of pure blue lotus herb to top it of!,,, Awrsome, awesome, awesome...

I could see why the lotus is connected to the divine chakra, as the the incredible euphoric peace, Deep, deep peace... I experienced was like the states I have experienced when receiving blessings/ Shaktipat/ infusion of divine energy from an enlightened master.!

My favorite ethno by a long shot!

You are correct in saying that in Ross river that the plants are gigantea.

they are most certainly active

The closest source of caerulea I know of is down towards Ayr near the highway there are plants that have escaped a dam into the wetlands.

or there are plants on Hamilton island.

Great info, thankyou!

I went down that way to Bowen a few weeks back and spotted a bunch. Collected a couple of flowers on the way home although they ended up getting lost in the car for a few days and so weren't in the best state when I did find them, so tossed them.

I did however buy a little bit of dried material just recently also, although am yet to try it just yet. One thing I noticed straight away though was the smell! Seems very strong smelling compared to the dried gigantea. The scent from the gigantea is so much softer, and probably not the best description to use, but much more like a flower lol. The smell reminds me of the texture of the petals I suppose.

I'm looking forwards to actually trying caerulea now!

The definition of wine back in the days is different than ours. It had a higher amount of alcohol and I read somewhere once that you need liquor with more than 55% of alcohol.

Anyway, i used to spike my cigarettes with the essential oil and it give a slight high. I don't really feel much of the flower in all it's forms, unless the essential oil is mixed with opium and/or hash oil, gives good synergy.