The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woof woof woof

Nutmeg

I remember a discussion about ("Nutmeg" ??)oil... ESPECIALLY A the part about Torsten rubbing his legs with the oil wich was activated by activity (dancing)

The chemical components for MDMA are found naturally in the oils of plants like nutmeg, dill, parsley seed, calamus, crocus, saffron, vanilla beans, and sassafras.

Alexander Shulgin, who is known as the grandfather of MDMA, synthesized myristicin into MDMA in 1962 by extracting it from the oils of nutmeg and mace (Journal of Drug Education, 1996,). MDMA is currently produced synthetically in laboratories from methamphetamine.

Guest mandragora

Nutmeg a normal herb for masched potatoes.

Wouldn't eat too much of it, know a person who has taken 1 teaspoon and I think is still trippn.

Guest saucer-like

I heard it can cause death if you have too much at once is this true?

anything can cause death if you take too much but nutmeg internaly is quiet toxic and i dont think it's too hard to OD on

Originally posted by saucer-like:

I heard it can cause death if you have too much at once is this true?

Very hard on the liver it is...I wouldn't recommend oral ingestion.

BTW assassin yer right. I have the MSDS for dihydrogen monoxide. Inhalation can be fatal.

Guest DragonFyre

ummmm...Darklight u just posted that inhalation can be fatal, well in how big a dose? cuz honestly I've seen one guy I used to live with (biggest weed pig ever) smoke HEAPS of it mixed with oregano after watching Idle Hands rolleyes.gif ... needless to say he looked rather wasted, yet claimed he never felt anything from smoking it?!?

and jeez the smell I tell ya! Bet it would taste just as bad too

[This message has been edited by DragonFyre (edited 08 April 2002).]

...oil wich was activated by activity (dancing)

Sure it was dancing?

Sounds like a good idea anyway.

Nutmeg seems to have such a varied response from individuals.

I have tried doses around 3 tablespoons and felt mild effect i.e relaxation and seen vague OEV's/ patterns flowing on the ceiling etc.

Some sources suggest 2-3 whole seeds (fruit/ i.e probably including the mace) can be leathal.

While there are reports of people ingesting 10-20g of dried ground powder with little or no effect.

I personaly have no bad experience with nitmeg but still advise people to take heed of the experience reports available.

I would'nt say that the majority of reports a negative, but those that don't like it hate it.

Big topic......a search should come up with the old thread.

The oil is dangerous when ingested, however, I did that for a long time and it was very effective. I stopped after I once had a major toxic reaction from a new batch of oil. Death can occur from as little as 1 or 2 nutmegs. These are unreliable anyway, as the essential oil (myristicin/safrol) is usually distilled off them or evaporated. A high myristicin oil is probably the best.

I am certain that the effect is directly reated to the myristicin/safrol content. Oils low in these are virtually inactive in that regard, but seem to increase the toxic effects.

Safrol makes MDA.

Myristicin makes MMDA

Nothing makes MDMA as this is a methylated product and this does not appear to happen naturally in the body.

I know that it was proven that these oils can be converted to the amine in the liver, however I am convinced that this is not the only tissue. Nutmeg ingestion can go without any effect if there is no physical exertion. dancing and sex are just two things that seem to bring it on real well. Increased metabolism and especially strong muscle work will be most effective. Rubbing the oil on the leg muscles seemed to be the most effective and efficient method. It reduced any physical discomfort, eliminated flavoured burps, and sped up absorption.

ahhhh the horrid nutmeg burp. I almost threw up after taking a big wiff of nutmeg the other day. I've had some awesome visuals with the ground supermarket stuff in my younger days. never again.

i've drank a fair bit of nutmeg oil before, tasted okay but didnt do shit.

Originally posted by Fractalhead:

ahhhh the horrid nutmeg burp.

I always enjoyed them until the first time I threw up after nutmeg (unrelated - bad seafood for dinner). From then on the nutmeg burps became the worst part of the trip. Thus the extensive experiments re skin absorption wink.gif

Thanks T ,That's what I qwas looking for....The skin absorpsion part.

And can skin absorption method be conscidered as a safe way of experimenting?

---------------------------------------------

There are a few major nutmeg producing islands nearby... maybe something to look into?!!?

Thanks T ,That's what I qwas looking for....The skin absorpsion part.

There are a few major nutmeg producing islands nearby... maybe something to look into?!!?

Guest saucer-like

I used to mix the ground nutmeg with peanut-butter and honey and put it in a sandwich. No nutmeg taste at all and no burp. I never experienced much though. Are there any good websites on how to extract the oils?

Originally posted by brian:

safer!. there is still the issue of presumed carcinogenicity (on the basis of safrol, which itself is borderline), the 'other' components in the oil (most oils only contain 5-25% myrisiticin), and the actual amphetamine effect once it is aminated in the body.

Guest reville

So How shakey is the scientific data on which

safrole is presumed carcinogenic. I mean did they feed rats massive amounts every day for long periods or was it a more sensible assay?

ames test?

reville : I think they assumed it can't cure cancer....so it might cause it instead wink.gif

-bumpy

Originally posted by reville:

I mean did they feed rats massive amounts every day for long periods or was it a more sensible assay?

that's the one. maybe they have done something more sensible since then, but basically that is where the original hysteria started. At the same time myristicin and several other allylbenzenes (and propenylbenzenes funny enough) we also listed at carcinogenic in the essential oil lit on the basis of their structural relationship to safrole. This last step is ludicrous, especially when considering that such structurally closely related compounds as Apiol(which is carcinogenic) and Dill apiol (which is not) were also lumped and have since proven to be unrelated.

We don´t have the same enzymes as the rats in this case, the carcinogenic intermediates are not formed in humans. Safrole can be presumed to be safe until further tests.

theo,k do you have a webpage or ref for this? I would love a copy as this crops up all the time.

"Safrole can be presumed to be safe until further tests."- Theobromos

WRONG! Things should be presumed to be dangerous until furthur tests show otherwise.

Radium cyanide has never been tested in humans, that doesn't mean it should be presumed safe! (an extreme example, I know, but you get the point right?)

I see you point auxin, but I don't think it applies to foods that have been used safely for thousands of years.